Bills QB search - Dixon, White visit, Carr talked with, Freeman out

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not going to see the field in Oakland this season as long as Pryor is healthy and they unload Flynn...How is that going to help him in Free Agency this coming off season? The current situation in Buffalo is as rare an opportunity a just released vet QB going into Free Agency is ever going to get...Honestly, I would think if Freeman is really a competitor he's begging to come to Buffalo right about now... B-)

This is exactly the point that puzzles me when everyone seems to think Freeman must head for Oakland. Pryor has earned the right to fail in Oakland. Whether or not Oak unloads Flynn, Freeman won't walk onto the field easily. He'll have to earn his way.

Unless maybe he thinks to follow in the footsteps of another TB "bust" who went to the Left coast and found success?

Mmmmm. Not so sure I agree Bills are "married to EJ". Whaley and Marrone play to win.

EJ will get his chance, and they won't diss him or cause distractions, but I don't think they'd have kept Kohl if they didn't perceive him as someone who could challenge EJ

Why exactly do we want to end up with Flynn somehow? He looked bad, just bad against the Redskins, prompting this news report:

"In the loss....(Flynn) absorbed seven sacks in large part because of indecision, lost a fumble and had another fumble that resulted in a change of possession on fourth down.

Allen, critical of Flynn after the loss, backed off somewhat during his Monday news conference, saying the defeat "was never about one guy."

During practice Wednesday, the guy the Raiders will pay $6.5 million this season on a restructured contract was watching McGloin take snaps with the second team.

Allen said he expected Flynn to continue to "battle and compete" but conceded, "It hasn't worked out like we anticipated, and we've got to make decisions, and we've got to move forward."

Let's review:

1) Flynn, a high priced FA, was beat out as the Seasnakes starting QB by a 3rd round rookie. OK, say you, but Wilson is special. Acknowledged.

2) Flynn is acquired by Oakland for 2 draft picks + $6.5 million salary

3) Flynn is now #3 on the depth chart behind an UDFA rookie

Why do we feel this guy would do good things for us?

JMO...But if Flynn was really any good there is no way in hell Seattle would have got rid of him...Russell Wilson, or no Russell Wilson...That team is all about stock piling talent for a SB run...If they thought Flynn was really good they would have kept him as insurance in case Wilson got hurt...

That being said, if Oakland was to release Flynn I would take him over Tuel...I would not give up a pick for him though...Not even a late one... B-)

If Freeman turns down Buffalo, then he has Billy Volek disease and is not someone I would want QBing this team.

That's pretty much my take on the situation as well... :thumbsup:

The pat white thing is bizarre. He is basically a Brad Smith who can't catch.

:lol:

LaConfora did just tweet that it's unlikely for us to get Freeman....as other teams are positioned better

Positioned better how? The Bills have a starting QB position completely open and a ton of cap space...How the fug can any team be in a better position than that for Freeman? LaConfora is such a hack... B-)

Stop-gap talent at QB won't fix a damn thing by itself.

We need guys to CATCH what these QB's are chucking at them.

We need less transparent, predictable, offensive planning.

We need an OC who isn't scared sh**less to take a chance on improving our scoring capability.

Edited by #34fan

Freeman is one thing but count me out on White & Dixon; they stink. If they're significant upgrades from Tuel then what's the excuse for going in to the season with a backup you're terrified of having to play...or did they change their mind after a bad quarter?

I wonder if the Bills FO have considered a trade with the Giants for a certain QB they drafted? I know this is a long shot, and he hasn't proven anything yet, but he would be the guy most familiar with this offense other than the QB's we already have. I would think he would have the ability to step right in and have minimal growing pains, unlike White, Freeman, or anyone else they might bring in.

they should ask Jim Kelly to play. It's not like hackett's offense is hard to pick up. 1st down, run up the middle. 2nd, run up the middle, usually same exact play. 3rd down and long throw a incomplete pass, but Kelly might be able to actually complete a pass! at least it's over early and I don't have to waste my Sundays anymore.

I wonder if the Bills FO have considered a trade with the Giants for a certain QB they drafted? I know this is a long shot, and he hasn't proven anything yet, but he would be the guy most familiar with this offense other than the QB's we already have. I would think he would have the ability to step right in and have minimal growing pains, unlike White, Freeman, or anyone else they might bring in.

Yes, I think Whaley would be open to making a play for Eli Manning.

Pat White in for a visit as per Ian Rappaport. He is intriguing to me compared to some of the others out there.

I predicted Pat White in another thread two days ago. Not enthralled with him but he seems to fit their "system" and could prove to be interesting out there. Bet they end up signing him...

With Manuel expected to miss 6-8 weeks the Bills need to sign Freeman and Dixon AND waive Tuel. Freeman/Manuel/Dixon would be a good QB group to work with. Put Tuel on the PS. He's not ready for prime time. The Bills might have a fighting chance with those QBs.

this !!! :thumbsup:

Tuel should have been there from the start, injuries have messed up the QB position (especially back-up) sense training camp, but it's time to get it fixed.

Edited by CSBill