Did the bills just become the new landing spot for Josh Freeman

263 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him?

• yes
    • no
    • give tuel another go

The Bills' trainers and medical staff had the final say. End of Story!

If the player adamantly states, "I have the ability to play. I am going back in. It doesn't hurt that bad. I can run. This is what I worked my entire life for; to be a player in the NFL. Doc, we can evaluate the knee more after the game. Right now it's definitely loose enough to play. My team is depending on me. I need to get back out there. I'm going in Doc! this is what I live for! I'm going to go tell coach I'm ready to go! This conversation is over Doc." they might get their way.

Let's not kid ourselves and think the player has no power in these situations. Yeah from a legal standpoint they don't probably. But from a real world standpoint they do.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the player adamantly states, "I have the ability to play. I am going back in. It doesn't hurt that bad. I can run. This is what I worked my entire life for; to be a player in the NFL. Doc, we can evaluate the knee more after the game. Right now it's definitely loose enough to play. My team is depending on me. I need to get back out there. I'm going in Doc! this is what I live for! I'm going to go tell coach I'm ready to go! This conversation is over Doc." they might get their way.

Let's not kid ourselves and think the player has no power in these situations. Yeah from a legal standpoint they don't probably. But from a real world standpoint they do.

IMO, It would be idiotic to expose your potential Franchise QB to further damage with an already injured knee ala Washington last season with RG3.

Oh god, WGR was rattling off names of who we should bring in. Tebow, Edwards, even Favre. I almost drove my car into a ditch. They all agreed that out of all the available QB's the only one we could get and have a chance to win next week vs Cinci is Freeman

Oh god, WGR was rattling off names of who we should bring in. Tebow, Edwards, even Favre. I almost drove my car into a ditch. They all agreed that out of all the available QB's the only one we could get and have a chance to win next week vs Cinci is Freeman

When favre and Edwards are brought up you know things are desperate.... sigh... here's to hoping freeman is interested. He played some good ball

Freeman doesn't have the leverage to demand a multiyear deal or a starting role. No one's going to sign him to start unless their No. 1 QB is injured (i.e. Buffalo, possibly). A team like Jacksonville is better off tanking than going after him.

I agree with you. I think Buffalo would be a great opportunity for Freeman to start right away...even if he just signed for the rest of this season. Or, he could try to land in a spot like Minnesota, where he likely would, eventually, win the starting spot. Cleveland is already said not be interested in him, so Buffalo really is his best spot to refurbish his image, week 5, 2013.

How'd that workout for RGIIi and the redskins.

Freeman is going to want a multi year deal which I doubt the Bills would offer him and I doubt he'd want to come be EJ's backup. As much as the Bills might want Freeman for this year I doubt we're an attractive landing spot for him.

I am going to want a pony, and an all inclusive 2 weeks at a resort in Aruba plus airfare. But it is highly doubtful I will be given these things.

Freeman no doubt wants a multi-year deal but under the soap-operatic circumstances of his departure from Tampa Bay added to his recent performances on the field, it is highly doubtful he will be given this thing. If he is, it is likely to have little guaranteed $$ and major performance bonuses.

this is a win/win for the Bills camp and the Freeman camp IMO

1) Bills need a QB to fill in while EJ heals up. We are putting a 6 week mark out there, but realistically nobody knows how long this process will take.

2) Freeman wants a multi year contract, and now will be given a chance to prove that he is capable of earning big $$. The Bills are not a push over, and yet are not favored to win every week. With the supporting cast around him, he has a chance to manage games, get W's and potentially "Matt Flynn" his way into next season.

I am not a fan of Freeman, but I am a fan of having a QB start for us that is capable of winning games... which I don't think Tuel can do

Yahoo sports saying Freeman tweeting he enjoyed playing for OC of Raiders previously and he likes Raider Nation...seems like he wants to go there...

I am sure he is going to speak positively about just about anyone at this point ($). But I'd imagine Pryor has a hold on that job. He hasn't done anything to really lose it at this point.

Medical staff has final say. Period. End of story. No need to torture yourself thinking anything else.

GO BILLS!!!