1. 1. Do you want him?

• yes
    • no
    • give tuel another go

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JMO and I hate to say it, I think there going to try and bring in Timmy T or Thigpen. Tebow's more mobile then Thigpen, but Thigpen's arm is slightly better and he has some mobility.

Flame Away!

BigPappy

You should be banned.

Hey! I did say I hate to say it. LOL. I don't like the idea of either as well. It's just a gut thing.

Big Pappy.

It's all good man. You did say, flame away! :nana:

I think in all honesty Vince Young will get a deeper look than Freeman.

Young is older, more mature, more willing to be a backup when Manuel returns, and work with Manuel on making him a better QB.

Freeman is immature, more of a "me" person, still fresh off of selfish actions, and will probably want to be in a situation where he is the perminant starter. When EJ returns, he'll create problems.

Young has "been there and done that". He did well with GB during preseason, and can run the same offense.

The way I see it is that either the Bills sign Freeman or they punt their season away five weeks into it. He's the only available QB capable of helping them win games. Every other option is absolutely terrible.

agreed. It is not just a matter of losing a few games. If Tuel starts 4-6 weeks, our defense will be absolutely wiped out from being on the field so much. You can count on many more injuries.

Tebow or Rex Grossman in a trade is my prediction.

Most are down on the idea of Tebow but consider the offensive scheme the Bills are running. Of all the QB's mentioned, Freeman included, I've got to believe Tebow is the best fit and would have the shortest learning curve to be ready to start against the Bengals next Sunday. If you feel he comes with baggage that's just part of the process at this point since none of the options available are perfect or else they'd be out there playing or signed somewhere already.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Most are down on the idea of Tebow but consider the offensive scheme the Bills are running. Of all the QB's mentioned, Freeman included, I've got to believe Tebow is the best fit and would have the shortest learning curve to be ready to start against the Bengals next Sunday. If you feel he comes with baggage that's just part of the process at this point since none of the options available are perfect or else they'd be out there playing or signed somewhere already.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Talk about stifling Robert Woods, Stevie, and all of the other WRs. Any talk of Tebow is beyond ludicrous because he's simply not an NFL caliber quarterback. Do yourself a favor and Let it go. It's Over!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Talk about stifling Robert Woods, Stevie, and all of the other WRs. Any talk of Tebow is beyond ludicrous because he's simply not an NFL caliber quarterback. Do yourself a favor and Let it go. It's Over!!!

Who among those mentioned as possible are familiar with and can run the read option type of offense the Bills are running? Tell me. Nobody else but maybe V. Young and he's been here before and has some issues. Its time to stop making the safe decisions and make the bold move for a change.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Young is older, more mature, more willing to be a backup when Manuel returns, and work with Manuel on making him a better QB.

Freeman is immature, more of a "me" person, still fresh off of selfish actions, and will probably want to be in a situation where he is the perminant starter. When EJ returns, he'll create problems.

Young has "been there and done that". He did well with GB during preseason, and can run the same offense.

Yes indeed, Vince Young is so hungry for an NFL restart of any kind. the guy is broke, needs the $$ and can still play. no rhodes scholar, but for a month he'd be fine

Edited by 8and8Forever

Who among those mentioned as possible are familiar with and can run the read option type of offense the Bills are running? Tell me. Nobody else but maybe V. Young and he's been here before and has some issues. Its time to stop making the safe decisions and make the bold move for a change.

The read option only works as part of an offense if the QB who's at the helm is a good enough passer to make the passing game a viable threat. It's the reason why RG3, Russell Wilson, and Kaepernick have had some success running the read option as part of their respective team's offense. Tebow and VY for that matter simply aren't good enough passers to consistently sustain offense. If you have any football acumen at all you understand this. Tebow's done as an NFL QB. There's a reason why he's not on any of the 32 NFL rosters. Again....Let it go!!! He's done!

We should have kept TJax.

I was hoping for a .500 season but with EJ out up to 8 weeks, I'm not feeling very confident about our chances when our QB options are so unspectacular.

The shame of it is, our defense will finally be healthy next week. In fact, other than EJ and Kolb, the team will be mostly healthy against Cinci.

Jinx ! You just jinxed the Bills!

Seriously though Josh Freeman can play QB in the NFL.

Jeff Tuel cannot play QB in the NFL.

There is no discussion.

Where are you getting your information from? According to Alex Van Pelt and his former OC, Greg Olson, Freeman has been nothing but exemplary, a great teammate, and great to work with. Was at every meeting on time and wanted to learn the position. Young was more of a " ME" person.

You guys are nuts. Freeman is not the answer to anything! The dude wear a feaux hawk for crying out loud. A feauxhawk! Live and die with the qbs we have this season. Give Tuel the reps and ride our running backs.

Aaron Williams wears a faux hawk too and his was colored pink!

The problem is that if it isn't just Schiano, I don't want Freeman anywhere near my young, impressionable blue chip rookie QB.

It's not worth it, even for a couple extra wins.

Kinda like Doug Flutie and Rob Johnson huh?

Riddle me this. VY looked pretty good in GB PS. And he still got cut, for the "no name backup carousel". Why? Rumor had it he just couldn't retain plays.

VY more mature - hmmmm. His past actions were certainly more egregious. VY is a cautionary tale for Freeman. Pay attention, Josh. You get one free pass for having a fuss with your coach. Then it's 100% on you to make good. No excuses accepted.

I think there's a lot to the story in Jax, it's not clear to (anyone, maybe even those in Tampa) what was going on. So I'm not ready to tab Freeman a "me guy". His OLman spoke up and said that Josh hasn't said a bad word about Schiano to the team and has continued to work with and try to help Glennon through the whole deal. His former QB coach and OC spoke up and praised him. Meanwhile Schiano seems bent on making himself look justified in everything he's done, from blitzing the victory formation to publicizing Freeman's blunders. Memo to Schiano: shut up and fix the problem, that's what good leaders do. They don't wash their organizations undies in public or point fingers at their guys. What's with Freeman missing meetings? Too much party scene? Schiano publically humiliating him in meetings and he'd rather have a root canal without surgery than attend? Teams will want answers, more than "my alarm clock was blinking due to a power glitch." Josh: Alarms with battery backup are sold at Walmart and Target. Cell phones have alarms. You have the $$ to hire a personal assistant or housekeeper to wake you up. Solutions to this problem, there are many. I do know if he isn't managing his ADD meds correctly, they can keep him up at night and lead to sleeping very heavily in the morning. That's a simple situation to straighten out.

I do agree that VY is more desperate at the moment. He needs a job due to debts, and he doesn't have one. He is guaranteed to come in and go hard, in the hopes of earning a permanent gig. Apparently VY did win "goodwill points" in the Bills organization when he was here before, but our coaches and staff are different now. And there is a reason someone with his resume' and W/L record keeps getting cut for crap QB. For 4-6 weeks? Maybe.

You're correct that Freeman, unless his answers to the "why?" queries are wholly unsatisfactory, will likely get several offers including from teams whose long-term starter situations are unclear such as Oakland and Jacksonville. If he doesn't get such offers, it is probably a red flag. If Freeman is smart, he'll look carefully at other factors such as the quality of the coaching and OL and go for the place with the best chance to showcase his talents for next year, not to the place with the worst QB situation.

Interesting questions, I guess we'll know Monday.

Edited by Hopeful

This is a challenge for Whaley and Marrone.

Dont be surprised or angry if they start Tuel. Sure they have to pick someone up , but it might just be Thaddeus .

Depends alot on how long EJ is truly expected to be out. I have read everything from 1-8 weeks.

But please no Tebow

This is a challenge for Whaley and Marrone.

Dont be surprised or angry if they start Tuel. Sure they have to pick someone up , but it might just be Thaddeus .

Depends alot on how long EJ is truly expected to be out. I have read everything from 1-8 weeks.

But please no Tebow

There is no way the Bills are considering Thaddeus Lewis! This team is full of veteran players, like Kyle Williams, that wants to win now and are sick and tired of the wait until next year approach. The way this team is comprised, it is capable of making the playoffs this year. Any type of competent QB play will get them to the post season. Lewis and Tuel aren't the answers. Let's hope for the team's sake and ours, as fans, they land Freeman. By the way, Freeman owns the Saints and Bengals two upcoming opponents.