Will Bryd, McKelvin, Jackson, and Spiller play Thursday?

Braedenstearns

Fred said he was playing, so I think he will. I agree that McK should be in based on Marrone's comments.

Byrd isn't going to play without at least a full week's practice, so he won't play even if he gets the vaginal warts removed from his heel.

I'm wondering about Aaron Williams and Gilmore as well. I can see this defense being vicious when healthy

Someone correct me if im wrong, Gilmore got injured 2nd preseason game? 6-8 weeks recovery. Theoretically He should be back this week or next week right?

Side note. Shouldn't Goodwin be back the same time as Gilmore?

Someone correct me if im wrong, Gilmore got injured 2nd preseason game? 6-8 weeks recovery. Theoretically He should be back this week or next week right?

Side note. Shouldn't Goodwin be back the same time as Gilmore?

I am over trying to hope for Byrd to play. I think everyone but him plays in the OP - I bet Gilmore & Goodwin will be back for Cincy at the earliest.

Here's what the injury report will look like:

Spiller - Probable

Jackson - Probable

McKelvin - Probable

Byrd - not playing

Hell, Carrington will be ready to play before Byrd at this rate.

Why is anyone shedding tears for Byrd at this point? I mean, the guy's shown NO desire to be in Buffalo. Shoulda franchised/traded him.

Looks like CJ will be a gametime decision:

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 44m
    ... And Spiller said that, on that sprained left ankle, it'll come down to his ability to plant and cut sharply.

Expand

a5a5973a596e9b7debd7a3f9c6e4da6a_normal.jpegAlbert Breer@AlbertBreer 44m
    Bills RB CJ Spiller was pretty direct about how he'll test his ankle Thursday. Plans to get to the stadium two hours earlier than usual. ...

Looks like CJ will be a gametime decision:

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 44m
    ... And Spiller said that, on that sprained left ankle, it'll come down to his ability to plant and cut sharply.

Expand

a5a5973a596e9b7debd7a3f9c6e4da6a_normal.jpegAlbert Breer@AlbertBreer 44m
    Bills RB CJ Spiller was pretty direct about how he'll test his ankle Thursday. Plans to get to the stadium two hours earlier than usual. ...

Oh great. If CJ doesnt play that isn't going to be good.

If anyone with a broken bone is back before Byrd I think it is ridiculous not to question his injury. Maybe its just me but Gilmore coming back before Byrd seem a little silly no? And it kills me to here CJ say if 85% I'll be out there and Byrd says I need to be 100%. No one is 100% at this point. I wonder if his teammates think less of him?

If anyone with a broken bone is back before Byrd I think it is ridiculous not to question his injury. Maybe its just me but Gilmore coming back before Byrd seem a little silly no? And it kills me to here CJ say if 85% I'll be out there and Byrd says I need to be 100%. No one is 100% at this point. I wonder if his teammates think less of him?

Broken bones are actually a lot easier to come back from than most other injuries.

Fred is any ways. Tashard can be utilized .

Will we see Frankie Summers again who was effective against the Ravens.

Byrd is a lost cause for me by now. I have moved on and glad about it. A Willams has been resurrected by D, Hendersen. The old man Jimmy L. is doing alright and Searcy is really stepping up. Duke is in the mix now and Meeks may turn up later on.

Go Bills secondary!

thats a good question at this point. not so many tweets anymore are there?

I know multiple people who have had Plantar Fasciitis. It is painful, but you can come back from it with steady treatment and care. My wife runs marathons and triathlons. She had it, was diligent about treatment, and was running again in 3 weeks. She started running before she was pain-free, but there's a point where the Dr will tell the patient that they aren't at a risk for further damage, just need to deal with pain.

Obviously, it depends on severity, but Byrd has been out for a while, and he clearly is waiting as long as he can. He basically doesn't give a **** about the team, and is milking it for all it is worth. He played on it last year when it was worse.

I partially blame his agent, who is biased because he gets to share in Byrd's payday. He also probably told him he'd be the highest paid S in the NFL, and that would not happen in any galaxy. If someone wanted to pay Byrd, they would have traded for him.

Why is anyone shedding tears for Byrd at this point? I mean, the guy's shown NO desire to be in Buffalo. Shoulda franchised/traded him.

might have been better to franchise Levitre and let Byrd walk. Sure would never pay Andy what he wanted but at least get him one year to help rookie qb. Oh well it is what it is

i was considering starting a thread on a similar not, but seems like this is a good place to opine...

we have some young men on this team who are completely "selling out" for their teammates. freddy, cj, a. williams, and all the others that have come off the field injured and gone back in. these guys seem hellbent on being their with their brothers and i am impressed with their determination. this team seems to have it's fare share of "warriors".

and as far as byrd is concerned, if he has any love for his teammates and he is truly not in any position to get on the field right now, seeing these men gut it out like this has got to be eating him up inside. and if it isn't, then he needs to find his way off this team asap!

The long and short of it is that Byrd will not be playing for this team again. Parker found a loophole and the Bills are now in a tough spot. If they pursue against Byrd then it will be tougher to sign other players. If they let him ride the fake injury bench then he steals money.

I have no doubt that Spiller and Jackson will play, I don't think they will stay off even if they are hurting. Any news on McKelvin? And does anyone think Byrd will play?

Spiller and Jackson will play;

Brett Farve has a better chance of coming out of retirement and playing Thursday than the Tin Man.

Didn't realize I was shedding a tear for him. I've said time and time again, just keep him active and don't IR him. I want him to at least participate in practices if we are going to be paying him through the season (no free ride/vacation).

He's gone at the end of the year either way because they won't franchise him for ~9mil and I don't see him wanting a contract, or the bills offering him anything better, after his cry baby antics.

And they did franchise him, hence his holdout/I'm not 100% BS.

Edited by The Wiz

I know multiple people who have had Plantar Fasciitis. It is painful, but you can come back from it with steady treatment and care. My wife runs marathons and triathlons. She had it, was diligent about treatment, and was running again in 3 weeks. She started running before she was pain-free, but there's a point where the Dr will tell the patient that they aren't at a risk for further damage, just need to deal with pain.

This post was right on. I never saw a doctor but based on WebMD I had plantar fasciitis for about 2 years and that was only because I chose to keep stress on my foot to play my sport. If I ever gave it a month or so rest (which Byrd definitely has) then I felt fine.

Freddy is more than capable. Heck 45 running backs have more TDs than CJ after 4 games.

Freddy is capable but it's always nice to have multiple options. Look what happens when EITHER Freddy or CJ take a full load - they get knocked out of the game before the 4th quarter. I don't like when people hate on Spiller (or Freddy for that matter) because the reality is that split carries is what we need right now from them. Not to mention they have different styles of running to (in theory) keep the defense having to change around their play.

I say that 3 of the 4 will start the game Byrd will fly south for the winter.

If Byrd doesn't return soon the FO should slip a note under his door. PLAY or go on season ending IR that nullifies his year of eligibility meaning he's still under contract for another year in Buffalo,.

If Byrd doesn't return soon the FO should slip a note under his door. PLAY or go on season ending IR that nullifies his year of eligibility meaning he's still under contract for another year in Buffalo,.

The Tin Man gets his year of eligibility whether he plays one down now or not. He and by extension NFLPA has no ethics no this matter.