Hey guys, Justin Rogers was our #1 CB for most of today

RuntheDamnBall

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get angry with a guy for sucking. I get angry with the team for not adjusting to help him. Pettine has said many times that he doesn't change the scheme depending on who is in there - it's the same scheme and he expects every one of his players to be able to play it. That stubbornness was rewarded today.

But I'd still rather have Pettine's stubbornness than Wanny's.

Sure. It's obviously his fault that we had a 4th CB lined up against their A1 receiver.

Well maybe not his fault but it was someone's fault that he was playing man with no help over the top on their top WR. After getting torched previously. Coaching today on both sides of the ball was atrocious.

I would have cut him during the game. What a bum.

Rogers has made some decent plays in a supporting role. He is not a star or even a regular and he was miscast today because of injuries. I am glad you're not the coach.

The point of this thread is that the Bills were in a severe deficit from the get-go due to injuries.

I do hope McK's injury is not serious, and that we can get at least one of the three guys not named Brooks back in time for next week. It was rough seeing Aaron Williams back out there at CB.

Well maybe not his fault but it was someone's fault that he was playing man with no help over the top on their top WR. After getting torched previously. Coaching today on both sides of the ball was atrocious.

Your over the top help is helping out at 2CB.

The secondary is ashambles right now.

Rogers has made some decent plays in a supporting role. He is not a star or even a regular and he was miscast today because of injuries. I am glad you're not the coach.

The point of this thread is that the Bills were in a severe deficit from the get-go due to injuries.

I do hope McK's injury is not serious, and that we can get at least one of the three guys not named Brooks back in time for next week. It was rough seeing Aaron Williams back out there at CB.

Your over the top help is helping out at 2CB.

The secondary is ashambles right now.

I realize the secondary is in shambles and that ideally Rogers is not playing a significant role but guess what it happened and he got abused. You may be glad I'm not the coach but I can promise I wouldn't have had him covering Holmes one on one after getting torched. Sorry but this is a big boy league and when your name is called and you crap your pants see ya, don't care if you made a play or two as a 5th cb 2 years ago.

I realize the secondary is in shambles and that ideally Rogers is not playing a significant role but guess what it happened and he got abused. You may be glad I'm not the coach but I can promise I wouldn't have had him covering Holmes one on one after getting torched. Sorry but this is a big boy league and when your name is called and you crap your pants see ya, don't care if you made a play or two as a 5th cb 2 years ago.

Who else could they put out there? I'm not being facetious. Who?

Who else could they put out there? I'm not being facetious. Who?

I know what you're saying. Probably no other option but it would have been a good idea to not leave him on an island with the game in the balance. Just frustrating again that it seems like our coaches will not adjust. Ok so i may have exaggerated when I said I'd cut him on the sideline but i wouldn't hesitate to do it tomorrow.

I would have cut him during the game. What a bum.

Yeah, I mean after that long Holmes TD whre he was for once in the game, in great position, only to pull a "McKelvin" and let him catch it and miss the tackle for a TD, I think I would have just told him to go to the locker room an had the equipment manager waiting for him there with a plane ticket home. If he stays on the roster past 6pm tomorrow its a miracle.

Which means you're likely leaving the middle of the field for somebody. Not to mention our safeties are no great shakes without Byrd, and that the strong safety was playing CB today.

When the outside WRs have 250 yards receiving (or whatever it was) through a little more than two quarters, it's time to take a risk with the middle of the field...

Again, anyhow, I don't really care too much about it. Pettine has proven that he knows what he's doing, so I can live with his stubbornness. It's the stubbornness on the other side of the ball that has me really worried.

I know what you're saying. Probably no other option but it would have been a good idea to not leave him on an island with the game in the balance. Just frustrating again that it seems like our coaches will not adjust. Ok so i may have exaggerated when I said I'd cut him on the sideline but i wouldn't hesitate to do it tomorrow.

What adjustment is gonna be made? I mean the Jets were smart they kept lining up with 3 and 4 WRs knowing we had nobody to cover them.

34 years of watching Bills games and I cannot remember a Bills team with a worse pass defending performance. I have seen them get lit up by Brady and other HOF QBs but seriously when have you seen a Bills defense get torched by a rookie as bad as Smith AND get multiple PI calls in the process? I know they have injuries but is the talent pool at CB is that shallow? These guys were not even turning to look for the ball, How the hell do you get to the NFL and get roasted like that?

Rogers and TJ Graham should have NEVER made it outta TC... By contrast Crez Butler looked good for the most part today... he got SHAFTED at the end of the game on a offensive P.I. No-call.... SHAFTED!

Edited by #34fan

What adjustment is gonna be made? I mean the Jets were smart they kept lining up with 3 and 4 WRs knowing we had nobody to cover them.

How about covering santonio Holmes and or Hill? They were the only ones that did any damage. Hell double cover them with the safeties and play man on the underneath guys. Letting them run free one on one obviously wasn't working try something different whether its right or wrong.

Rogers and TJ Graham should have NEVER made it outta TC... By contrast Crez Butler looked good for the most part today... he got SHAFTED at the end of the game on a offensive P.I. No-call.... SHAFTED!

Butler was awful in our 4th preseason game, but I thought he looked better than Rogers in the first couple of games. Don't know what happened.

And... The Bills still almost pull it out with no sacks on D and 9 against them!

Honestly, w/all the hype about EJ... Let Geno have this one. It was a one score game on a long azz pass... Two for them, one for us.

Stay the course.

Remember when we were top heavy w/DB's and the team was getting blown out every week? I'd take this over that.

I think Rogers is good for what he is: a 4th string CB.

Not sure you can blame him that the staff suddenly has him lining up as our no. 1 CB.

Does it hurt to be so rational?

Fact is this dumpster fire is on Whaley. No way should our secondary depth be this bad and Colin Brown be starting at LG when you're sitting on $20 mil plus cap space.

I'll be willing to bet that the Jets would not be nearly as good if down to their last two CBs and down their best safety.

Fact is this dumpster fire is on Whaley. No way should our secondary depth be this bad and Colin Brown be starting at LG when you're sitting on $20 mil plus cap space.

You can't fill every hole on a team full of holes in one off season and I don't know many teams who have enough depth in the secondary to handle losing both starting CBs, the starting nickel CB and their best safety.

You can't fill every hole on a team full of holes in one off season and I don't know many teams who have enough depth in the secondary to handle losing both starting CBs, the starting nickel CB and their best safety.

All things considered, our starters are pretty good. Developing depth takes a little more time. I'm not mad at Rogers not being able to handle himself as the #1 CB, I'm just frustrated at the situation: Everyone is getting hurt and it's costing us games that should be won.

You get more active bringing in help for the DB's before you're in this spot. And nothing can explain Brown. Legursky couldn't take the job from him in TC so that'sino excuse.

You get more active bringing in help for the DB's before you're in this spot. And nothing can explain Brown. Legursky couldn't take the job from him in TC so that'sino excuse.

I still call BS. There is simply no team whose #4 corner is good enough to never get burned by a top-20 receiver.

I don't like the guard situation and think the FO should have worked on some better options, agreed.

Who the team could have used today is a guy like Terrence McGee, were his health not an issue. He is experienced and versatile, and smart, and while he might have made some mistakes he also might have made some plays as a backup corner. It's too bad the man's body broke down on him.

All things considered, our starters are pretty good. Developing depth takes a little more time. I'm not mad at Rogers not being able to handle himself as the #1 CB, I'm just frustrated at the situation: Everyone is getting hurt and it's costing us games that should be won.

I am sweeping this one under the rug and hoping like hell that somebody, anybody, gets healthy fast enough to play next week.

Unfortunately, Brown at LG is apparently healthy as a horse but he just sucks. No remedy for that. Lets activate Casper!