"The Culture of Failure"

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know if another lazy announcer says this team hasn't been to the playoffs in 13 years, I'll puke. Come on man get some new material.

No doubt...these media people are nowhere NEAR as invested in this team as the majority of us are...if there's one thing we don't need a whole lot of info on, it's how long it's been since we've had a sniff of a winner to root for. I also get sick of this, "well, they've sucked for this long, they'll continue to suck". That's BS. Whenever an effort is made to right the ship, the new regime should have a period of time to do their thing without having every jackoff in the media hanging an anchor around their neck after the first game. There were obviously a LOT of changes that took place since week 17 of last season. Marrone and company deserve the opportunity to put us on the right path. They had nothing to do with what happened here previously, so enough with all this crap about our legacy of ineptitude. It's obvious. Move on.

Everyone always mentions the Dallas game. Even though they lost that night I still regret not going to that game

haha. Yeah. You should have been there. Best sporting experience I've ever had.

On that note, I could have went to the "no goal" game and the outdoor game at the Ralph.

I regret the "no goal" game. I only missed it because I went on a date. With someone I never went out with or even called again after that night.

As far as the outdoor game at the Ralph, I called exactly how it was going to end before the game even started. It was fixed all the way and personally hockey has turned into a joke. Glad I didn't bother going to that piece of trash.

I wish I was there. Watching it on TV, it didn't seem a loud as some other memorable games. I expected it to be louder (than what I heard in TV). No disrespect, I'm sure it was loud and you guys were going crazy. I just expected a little more than what I experienced, on TV.

He was not out of line people. It was loud. But personally, I was expecting it to be the loudest I've ever heard it when EJ was announced out of the tunnel and it just wasn't. Wasn't even close.

I've heard intros by Trent Edwards louder honestly. That's how sad it was considering what I expected.

we were. Just wasn't as loud as I expected.

I don't know if anyone commented but at the time EJ was being introduced, most people were probably waiting for the 6 security people at each gate wanding down the 10,000 people trying to enter. Don't blame it on morons waiting till 12:45 waiting to get in, i was in line well before 12:15 and I didn't get to my seat till at least about 1:10. The Bills front office and security were again grossly unprepared to handle the Home Opener. They staff for late December and don't take into account the thousands of hammered Canadians ruining a good time by actual Bills fans. I don't think it's necessary to get into line at 11:00am just to hope to get into the stadium for a 1pm game.

Oh, and I don't know where little Bucky was sitting, probably not even at the stadium, but it was pretty damn loud most of the game.

Edited by flomoe

EJ Manuel needs better weapons. Bottom line.

Marrone released Dickerson, Kaufmann, AND DaRick Rogers? Too deep, I say. At least one, maybe two of those three should have stayed to help this young big-armed signal-caller.

If DaRick was as big a head-case as everyone is indicating, his cut was understandable.

But cutting BOTH Kaufmann and Dickerson was premature... What's the point of showing up with the same offense the Pats swept last year? (minus Fitz)

Where was Easley???? What the heck was Marrone saving him for? If we're going to be successful, the big-guy will need some more reliable targets. -Git 'R done, Dougie! GO BILLS!

You want reporters to write something different? Then do something different as an organization, win more than you lose. Hire a GM who can draft guys who make the pro-bowl first team, better yet draft some HOFers. Hire a coach who can win and who hires a OC and DC who are competant(seems like we've had one or the other but not both for a long time). Manage the salary cap. Anybody care to add up what we spent on wastes like Merriman, Anderson, Kelsay, Fitz, Brad Smith, etc. As for the players, make a play a crucial time. Over these 13 years Ive never seem a team so clutch at finding ways to blow games(McKelvin fumble against the Pats, Stevie's drop against the Steelers, the on-side kicks against Dallas, and on and on). This Sunday was more of the same, drive killing penalties, a couple of key drops, finding ways to lose a game that was there for the win. If Im an employee and I'm in the bottom third of my peers, I wouldnt expect my boss to write a glowing performance review of me.

I dont think he was writing anything about not giving Marrone and Co a chance or running anybody out of town. Yes there was some positives in their performance last Sunday, there is potential. However potential just means you've havent done it yet. Reporters could write about how great the Bills are but they wouldnt be reporters, they would be fiction writers. Even for the most optimistic fans I wonder, when exactly can we expect to get to the playoffs and respectability? Next year, the year after that, exactly when?

I don't know if anyone commented but at the time EJ was being introduced, most people were probably waiting for the 6 security people at each gate wanding down the 10,000 people trying to enter. Don't blame it on morons waiting till 12:45 waiting to get in, i was in line well before 12:15 and I didn't get to my seat till at least about 1:10. The Bills front office and security were again grossly unprepared to handle the Home Opener. They staff for late December and don't take into account the thousands of hammered Canadians ruining a good time by actual Bills fans. I don't think it's necessary to get into line at 11:00am just to hope to get into the stadium for a 1pm game.

Oh, and I don't know where little Bucky was sitting, probably not even at the stadium, but it was pretty damn loud most of the game.

ive been to every home opener for the last 7-8 years. I know how it works. Most people are dumb. Too dumb to make it in on time. With that said, it didnt compare to other home openers in the last 7-8 years where it's always the same thing. There's always a big group missing because they wait to long to get into the game.

In fact, this years wasn't as bad as most recent years. I've Waited until 12:20 in the past thinking if be good, only to miss the first 2-3 series'. This year my buddy I was with stayed back at the tailgate with "huge cans girl" (anyone at the TBD tailgate knows who I'm talking about) to try and get a piece and he still made it in just for opening kickoff. He didnt start to come in until about 12:40.

I understand your argument but your wrong. This year was quicker than usual. When you go to enough games you k ow how these things work and this year was better than recent years when it comes to entering the stadium, yet it wasn't as loud as recent seasons of the past 7-8 years.

My opinion. I go to a lot of these things. I've only missed 1 game since 06'.

Edited by mrags

new acting owner, new GM, new Coaches, new QB, new season and yet after just one game Bucky's take is that we've been losers for so long that we expect to continue losing, instilled since birth "passed down for generations through years of disappointment" (I didn't realize a 13 year playoff drought was multiple generations). that our apathetic fans displayed "shallow enthusiasm" and were "reluctant to get involved", at a home opener no less. that it will continue in perpetuity as we are "fighting a losing battle with culture of failure".

this fatalistic drivel could have at least waited until after week #4.

You want reporters to write something different? Then do something different as an organization, win more than you lose. Hire a GM who can draft guys who make the pro-bowl first team, better yet draft some HOFers. Hire a coach who can win and who hires a OC and DC who are competant(seems like we've had one or the other but not both for a long time). Manage the salary cap.

Just so I know I got this straight, you're calling for firing the GM, college scouts, pro personnel staff, coaching staff, Brandon & Overdorf(sp?)?

He & I must have been at different games.

sequestration

the parachute guys dropping in on the stadium before the players even come out of the tunnel is a joke. It's nothing close to a plane or chopper flying overhead at the end of the National Anthem. It brings tears to my eyes every time. This time I said "eh"

Since the sequestration, there has been flyovers. Pretty sure I constantly see them at NASCAR events. Pretty sure they've been at many other sporting events as well.

Edited by mrags

this fatalistic drivel could have at least waited until after week #4.

I know, right? It's like they just couldn't WAIT to get their first opportunity to squat and drop all over everything.