AFC East....wide open!!

marauderswr80

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll wait until after Week 4 to say that for sure. I'd like to see Brady lose a game without Amendola or Gronk back. Of course, they're lucky because they got to start their injured and rookie filled season by playing 1) Bills 2) Jets 3) One of the few teams capable of losing to the Jets.

Still...Brady did not look good. It used to be that these kind of conditions wouldn't matter. The Pats might lose, but Brady looking shaky two weeks in a row?

New England is more vulnerable now than any point since Brady's injury.

You are correct sir. Unfortunately there is no team in the division that is capable of taking advantage of the Pats situation right now. I fully expect the Pats to beat the weak teams this year(Bills & Jets) & lose to the good teams but win the division @ 9-7 or 10-6 & get bounced in the first round. Next year will be a different story. I fully expect the Bills to win the division next year.

Lets look at the rest of their schedule. Not many definite losses with Brady behind center, but there are some definite wins I think, plus a bunch of toss ups. My guess as of now. Right now I think you can book about 6 more wins more or less in the bag giving them most likely at least 8 for the season. The get 3 games I think are a toss up and the division will rely on those IMHO. That and the Bills game at the end of the year. I marked it as a loss, but it depends on our momentum

Tampa W

@ATL L

@Cinci Toss up

Saints L

@Jets W

Fins W

Steelers Toss UP

@Panthers Toss UP

Broncos L

@Texans L

Browns W

@Fins W

@Ravens L

Bills W

The Sirius guys on the radio this morning said at least 2 maybe 3 Jets (Mangold, Ferguson?) should be suspended for the Bills game for their cheap stuff at the end of the game. Did anyone see it? That would be big for us if that's the case.

But it's not. Business as usual is the Pats grinding other teams up and spitting them out. Not eking out victories against rookie QB's playing their first games.

last year they started 1-2, eeking out a loss to kevin kolb. at 6 weeks they were 3-3 adding a loss to russel wilson.

right now they are 2-0, with both wins being division wins. they are definitely hurting but gronk is still going to return at some point and 2-0 is (albeit not impossible to mess up) very nice for a team with a hof qb, hof coach and struggling to figure out their offense. they are getting wins still while going through the struggles. Im sure they arent happy today, but i dont think they see it as the end of the road.

The Sirius guys on the radio this morning said at least 2 maybe 3 Jets (Mangold, Ferguson?) should be suspended for the Bills game for their cheap stuff at the end of the game. Did anyone see it? That would be big for us if that's the case.

the fight? unless something major i missed happened during it, im doubting suspensions. radio guys like to use that word a lot more liberally than nfl execs.

I hate to say it but the Fish may have a shot at the division title.

If they do then Buffalo does.

I am not so sure these receivers for Brady just automatically become the next Randy Moss, or Branch.

Tom Brady has very very little patience. We all saw that last night. The Pats went from being a great team to a good team.

To me know if you play a great game against the Pats, you can beat them. In years past you could play a great game and they could play a good game and they would beat most teams. Not so now. Gronk and Danny A. will help some, but i am not so sure they will fix everything. Couple that with the fact that both those guys are very injury prone, their is no guarantee how long they stay once back.

The Jets looked decent. Tough front 7, but a secondary that got beat deep multiple times. pats just ran wrong routes or could not hold on to the ball.

Geno needs to temper his disappointment when receivers drop passes. he is a rookie who will also make mistakes- and did. Long term his antics will hurt the team continuity.

The Dolphins i honestly am clueless about right now. besides the fact they beat the Browns and Mike Wallace was unhappy, i know nothing about them. I was not and still am not a big Tannihill fan.

Yes, i believe the Bills have a shot at the division, it is only week two. IF Marrone and the Cords can keep getting the players to improve, who knows what might happen.

This season can turn out to be a good one. Lets get off the sneid this weekend against the Panthers and give our young guys a taste of victory.

There are 2 spots where the pats could get on a 2-4 game skid. Granted they almost never lose 2 in a row. They could easily drop Atlanta, Cinci, and NO all in a row. Also Steelers, Panthers, Broncos, Texans is a possibility. Steelers and Panthers should be close games. We will need them to slide through one of these two sections to have any chance at all.

Edited by Mango

It's on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000243556/article/nick-mangold-bill-belichick-got-heated-after-late-hit

Pats know how to win, the Bills don't. Pats long stability leaves a core of knowledgeable players knowing the system. We change systems every three years, and nobody knows whats going on this year....no knowledgeable core that knows how to execute EVERY time. Jim Leonard comes in, and is instantly the most knowledgeable d back we have......this is the problem with our lack of stability. So......I don't think the Bills can make it this year......Pats still have it going.

But it's not. Business as usual is the Pats grinding other teams up and spitting them out. Not eking out victories against rookie QB's playing their first games.

Right now, at the beginning of the season, because it's obvious that things are changing.

You hard nuts too much. How about a prediction of the Pats final record, and place in the division? You guys all in, with a first place finish, and a12-4 record?

I predict 2nd in the division at 9-7.

That's nice you are talking predictions lol. I am talking about the Pats are 2-0 with 2 division wins.

I agree that they will improve some but they are weaker than they have been in years.

if they connect on even 2 of those seemingly 10 CLOSE plays it couldve been a 2+ TD blowout. if at their worst (and i dont know how the WRs couldve played worse) they still collect wins than they may be more inconsistent than other years but theyve gotten away with 2 of those down games already and youve got to think they will have a few where the WRs or Gronk produce SOMETHING.

that said, im getting tired of thursday games. they seem sloppier, the road teams lose at a higher rate than a normal sunday (despite the road teams typically having a better record and being the better team over the last couple years) and generally suck.

Edited by NoSaint

NE is barely 2-0. Bills, Jests and Dolfags all see blood in the water. Brady isn't dumb. He knows their lead is precarious.

I love it, barely 2-0? 2 wins is 2 wins. The thing that should actually scare you is that the pats played 2 lousy games and still won. That's called a culture of winning but you guys wouldn't know anything about that.

Rumors of the patriots demise are highly exaggerated.