(Update) Jim Leonard back in Buffalo

RayFinkle

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brings some needed experience to the backfield. He also played in Pettine's defense. Might allow them to move A. Williams to corner while Gilmore is out.

+1

I'm totally fine with this move, if its true. An experienced, well-liked secondary player who already knows the system and can also chip in on special teams? Sign him up.

Brings some needed experience to the backfield. He also played in Pettine's defense. Might allow them to move A. Williams to corner while Gilmore is out.

Coach, wasn't A Williams a disaster at corner? Honestly I don't even really see him as a good safety, but he definitely played better there.

I just can't say I'd be happy with bringing in Leonard. He played two or three seasons with the jets, one with the broncos, and now on his Wikipedia page it has him with the Saints. But he's not on their roster on NFL.com...

Coach, wasn't A Williams a disaster at corner? Honestly I don't even really see him as a good safety, but he definitely played better there.

I just can't say I'd be happy with bringing in Leonard. He played two or three seasons with the jets, one with the broncos, and now on his Wikipedia page it has him with the Saints. But he's not on their roster on NFL.com...

The Saints cut Leonhard.

The Saints cut Leonhard.

Oh ok.

I may be in the minority, but I just wouldn't be thrilled with bringing in Leonard. I guess you could say when he was here in Buffalo he was in his prime, and even then I would've considered him a marginal, modest player at best. Matter of fact, I heard more about him and his play when he was with the Jets.

+1

I'm totally fine with this move, if its true. An experienced, well-liked secondary player who already knows the system and can also chip in on special teams? Sign him up.

I'm with you, knows the system, beloved player, has always been solid, short but solid. I suggested his name in another tread...would like the move a lot

According to Matt Sabuda, he has the inside scoop from a well placed source....sorry for not linking the link, I'm on my mobile and it's a pain.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattSabuda

Well if Byrd is hurt (or playing hurt) who better knows Pettines D than Leonard & he was a very good player for him , give him a shot !!

His best season was for Ravens actually and he followed his coach to Jets.

Ya wasn't that the season we let him go B/C he wasn't good enough to make our roster ?? :wacko:

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Hardnose, smart player. No doubt lost a step but could make up for it in a system he knows well. On Ravens and Jets he always seemed to be around the ball. I don't know the circumstances of his roster cut but it might be that lost out younger, cheaper players.