Matt Leinart is a Bill - Schefter

dayman

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Kolb is very very fragile. I know he took a knee to the head causing injury, but no matter what he can't stay healthy. We carry 3 Qb's this season, it will be EJ, glassman Kolb n Tuel. Leinart wont stick with this team unless Kolb retires! He is a warm body for the moment that is all......I hope, god help us!

Possibly but i think Kolb is the odd man out. Hes too much of a liability

Although I am probably in the minority, I do not mind the Leinart signing at all under the circumstances. It cost us nothing in terms of picks. Admittedly, when I saw him play in person at the Orange Bowl (as well as other games on TV), I thought he was going to have a good NFL career. To date, he has not.

Perhaps, after being humbled and with the help of our coaching staff, he will be a capable QB in EJ's absence. We have nothing to lose, and (again) he cost us nothing.

I understand that people aren't going to pass up the chance for an easy joke, but I agree. Leinart is probably no worse than Kolb anyway, and from what people are saying, it sounds like Kolb may be on IR come week 1. Obvoiusly you need a QB on the team that has actually played in the league before in case EJ isn't ready to go or is injured again. I'm all ears if someone has a different suggestion (and please STFU Tavaris Jackson lovers), but I don't see anyone better on the unemployed list.

If EJ is healthy for week 1 and Leinart looks ok in practice I think they will cut Kolb. Tuel was awful enough to get cut and still be on the practice squad. Though trading for a QB from the Lions makes me think Tuel may not even be in their PS plans. Pretty sure Leinart has been around long enough to guarantee his salary if he is on the week one roster.