SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

Cooney has had one good game (ND) since ACC play started, and a few okay games. Cooney hits shots, and that opens up the middle for Fair, Grant, Ennis, and Christmas. These teams are packing the paint, and daring Syracuse to shoot from outside. This offense does not have a fighting chance without a legit deep-ball threat. Cooney is supposed to be that guy. He is not who we thought he was. Game by game with this putrid shooting, the air is being let out of this team. You can see it in their faces.

Bingo, at this stage of the season Cooney is who he is. A sharpshooter who can't shoot. If he was making his outside shots that would open up the whole offense. I doubt he miracously finds his shot this weekend too. If he continues to struggle it is going to be a chore to beat Western Michigan. I bet alot of MAC Basketball & these guys could fill the rim in a hurry.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At work and regretting it. Taping the game and attempting to go into a cone of silence....but realistically I know I'll make it til just before I leave at 430 and some idiot will scream the score to me in the parking lot. Oh well. GO CUSE!

At work and regretting it. Taping the game and attempting to go into a cone of silence....but realistically I know I'll make it til just before I leave at 430 and some idiot will scream the score to me in the parking lot. Oh well. GO CUSE!

headphones are your friend. Students and their I-phones are my enemy today....But I only have to make it until 3:30. If cooney isn't shooting well, and he won't, play more gbinije please. Cooney gives you nothing but missed shots... Edited by FluffHead

oh, i told my boss i was leaving at 2...he said oh you should just watch it here at work, i told him if i did i would get fired for bad language...he told me to enjoy the game :-)

When I went to SU for my MBA, I had an assistantship. It was with the independent study degree program. So, these people came in at the beginning of the semester (a week before ours started), took final exams, and then did a week of classes for the upcoming semester and studied at home.

I had to proctor an exam on the day of the Bills-Browns playoff game. I had a small TV and no sound on..........The class was silent obviously, and a few times I squirmed........When Harmon dropped the ball, I never had to stifle myself like that. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs and somehow kept it in.............Then, I said !@#$ it, cheat if you want, I had to go take a walk and yell!

Mercer Baby!!!

Great win by the Orange last night coupled with the loss by Duke made for a great first 2 days.

One of my buddies moved out of state and is a huge Duke fan. He has been talking smack all year and particularly over the last 2 weeks. Today he deleted his facebook account :lol:

Did it look like they got their legs back? To me it looked like fatigue played a factor in their swoon.

Fair got a rest in the first half which I thought was a great move and the team got its confidence back. At one point in time Boeheim yelled at Cooney to keep shooting. Not talking or directing, yelling. It was finally a game where they controlled every aspect from the tip to the whistle. Great great showing.

NC State...gone

Dukies...gone

Huckleberry Hound & the Tarheels...next

Syracuse all the way!!!

He's definitely huckleberry hound. However, Heels ain't going anywhere but final 4 land.

Time for Marcus Paige to own this tourney. What a first game, old Roy gets emotional and has to dance sometimes!

post-15917-0-29829000-1395461857_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Flying back from my cruise today, just in time to catch Dayton game. Missing just the opening game wasn't as bad as I thought (especially when I was sitting on the beach).

by the way, I predict a Pitt win over Florida, which will really open up the entire region.

Man, when Florida is on their game they are absolutely dominant. Men against boys. I'm afraid Patric Young would eat Rak's lunch.

Gimme a break. What a disappointing way to end the year. 0-10 from 3? Getting beat my a pretty average team in basically a home game.

Again, the guy that made this team go all year was cooney. When he is off, it is ugly.

Oh, well. Hopefully, Grant and ennis come back.

Sorry but Ennis blew the game at the end....needed to drive not put up shots like that....goddammit!

Down by 1, I have no idea why he pulls up for a 17-footer. He could have taken it to the rim at will.

The only teams I give a damn about are the orange and the bills. The end of the SU season means it is officially Bills season...and we know how that story ends....FML

Ha, my thoughts exactly.

Second guessing wide open shots is as bad as ripping the football coach for not punting enough. It's like a thousand times harder to get to the rim and get a borderline whistle on a game-winning possession than it is down 4 w/ a minute left, or whatever.

Can't win with zero capable shooters. I guess I talked myself into thinking they could overcome that in year with no great teams. But you know, scoring is sorta important in this game. All season long w/ this team you can just watch the first 10minutes of their games and know how it's going to end.

Looked like JB finally had enough of Cooney's clunkers there at the end. One of the ugliest games I think I have ever seen.

I will say, however, criticize Ennis' shot selection all you want. Without him we don't have a chance to win at the end. He put the team on his back. I'm gonna miss him.

i know they draft on potential but i think the back half of the season showed that neither Ennis nor Grant are ready to go just yet.

Looked like JB finally had enough of Cooney's clunkers there at the end. One of the ugliest games I think I have ever seen.

I will say, however, criticize Ennis' shot selection all you want. Without him we don't have a chance to win at the end. He put the team on his back. I'm gonna miss him.

Probably not telling you Cuse fans anything you didn't already know, but really, who is surprised by an early tourney exit? Since needing a last second layup to beat NC State on 2/15 the team went 3-6 and was pretty much unwatchable.

Probably not telling you Cuse fans anything you didn't already know, but really, who is surprised by an early tourney exit? Since needing a last second layup to beat NC State on 2/15 the team went 3-6 and was pretty much unwatchable.

I don't think anyone is surprised.

i know they draft on potential but i think the back half of the season showed that neither Ennis nor Grant are ready to go just yet.

Maybe Grant, but I'm pretty convinced Ennis is gone. Saw a mock draft on ESPN yesterday that had him going 8th overall.