SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, Syracuse made 2 jump shots the entire game. Amazing they almost won with that kind of performance.

Yup. Not their night / month. Still, I don't care what anyone says, I love that Ennis and JB went for the win at the end rather than the tie even with the way they were shooting.

Yup. Not their night / month. Still, I don't care what anyone says, I love that Ennis and JB went for the win at the end rather than the tie even with the way they were shooting.

I agree. I have no problem with that last shot. I did think Ennis could have gotten a better shot when we were den 55-54, but won't hold that against him.

I do hope Ennis comes back. He could use another year, and it would be nice to have more depth at guard.

I agree. I have no problem with that last shot. I did think Ennis could have gotten a better shot when we were den 55-54, but won't hold that against him.

I do hope Ennis comes back. He could use another year, and it would be nice to have more depth at guard.

I'm with you there. I hope he comes back too, but I doubt he will unless he feels missing that shot leaves some "unfinished business" in March -- there's always that hope. But he's a lottery pick this year, with another year he might be a top 5 pick.

This is just pure silliness here. Ennis is without a doubt the best true freshman point guard in the country with a very high ceiling at the next level.

He's put up a few clunkers. He's good but his jumper isn't. I'll buy some Ennis stock if he stays and improves a little on the offensive end. If not he will prob struggle at the next level jmo.

He's put up a few clunkers. He's good but his jumper isn't. I'll buy some Ennis stock if he stays and improves a little on the offensive end. If not he will prob struggle at the next level jmo.

I'm guessing as much as you are obviously as I'm in no way an expert talent evaluator. But what I see when I watch Ennis play is a guy who just understands the game and isn't phased by anything he sees on the court. Considering he's a true freshman, that's a rare trait and one that is usually found in guys who excell at the next level. He's big enough, great hands, sees all the angles on the floor and has the speed to beat his man off the first step. He doesn't score as much as he's capable of, mainly because he's a true PG and not a Westbrook type score first kinda guy.

I'd be willing to bet if he comes out, he's a lock for a top 10 pick. But I do agree with you and JR that another season would only help him. I hope he comes back, missing a shot like that yesterday might be enough to make him return... I can hope, right?

But hasn't the NBA moved on from true point guards? Stockton may be the last true one. The league is now geared more for the MCW style point guard...looks to score almost as much as looking to direct the floor...I don't see that in Ennis yet.

I'm guessing as much as you are obviously as I'm in no way an expert talent evaluator. But what I see when I watch Ennis play is a guy who just understands the game and isn't phased by anything he sees on the court. Considering he's a true freshman, that's a rare trait and one that is usually found in guys who excell at the next level. He's big enough, great hands, sees all the angles on the floor and has the speed to beat his man off the first step. He doesn't score as much as he's capable of, mainly because he's a true PG and not a Westbrook type score first kinda guy.

I'd be willing to bet if he comes out, he's a lock for a top 10 pick. But I do agree with you and JR that another season would only help him. I hope he comes back, missing a shot like that yesterday might be enough to make him return... I can hope, right?

But hasn't the NBA moved on from true point guards? Stockton may be the last true one. The league is now geared more for the MCW style point guard...looks to score almost as much as looking to direct the floor...I don't see that in Ennis yet.

I think Chris Paul would disagree with the belief that Stockton was the last true point guard:) But yes, you are right combo guards are becoming the norm. I think it's due to the rise in point forwards who really are the "franchise QBs" of the NBA. You don't think Ennis has shown enough scoring ability? I agree he isn't aggressive enough to be classified as a scorer -- but when he has taken the initiative he's been really lethal driving the lane or outside jumpers.

I don't follow SU all that much, because I'm too busy following my Bonnies (my undergrad trumps my grad school). But, is that white guy named something like Tony McIntyre really Tyler Ennis' father? Why would he have a different last name? He's got to be his step father, isn't he?

I don't follow SU all that much, because I'm too busy following my Bonnies (my undergrad trumps my grad school). But, is that white guy named something like Tony McIntyre really Tyler Ennis' father? Why would he have a different last name? He's got to be his step father, isn't he?

Ennis is light skinned enough to be bi-racial. Lots of kids these days have the name of one parent only. Perhaps his parents aren't married.

yeah CP3 was definitely in my mind when i typed that, but CP3 is a feared scorer as well as a floor leader. No one really 'fears' Ennis' scoring aggression....yet, he certainly has shown he can when he needs to but the NBA doesn't seem to be a league that looks for that. I think part of me is trying to convince myself he is not NBA material just yet...it's a weak argument right now, but i am trying hard to convince myself of it....

I think Chris Paul would disagree with the belief that Stockton was the last true point guard:) But yes, you are right combo guards are becoming the norm. I think it's due to the rise in point forwards who really are the "franchise QBs" of the NBA. You don't think Ennis has shown enough scoring ability? I agree he isn't aggressive enough to be classified as a scorer -- but when he has taken the initiative he's been really lethal driving the lane or outside jumpers.

Cp3 has a deadly pretty much automatic midrange jumper. Ennis has some tools for sure, but he's no rondo and only rondo can get away without having a jumper. Ricky Rubio is gonna get phased out soon over his inability to shoot, it got Kendall Marshall fired his first go round.

Whose everyone pulling for now as the Cuse and the heels are out ? Just watched a sobbing Marcus Paige interview, poor kid taking the loss as his fault.

with SU & VCU out i have lost interest

Cp3 has a deadly pretty much automatic midrange jumper. Ennis has some tools for sure, but he's no rondo and only rondo can get away without having a jumper. Ricky Rubio is gonna get phased out soon over his inability to shoot, it got Kendall Marshall fired his first go round.

Whose everyone pulling for now as the Cuse and the heels are out ? Just watched a sobbing Marcus Paige interview, poor kid taking the loss as his fault.

with SU & VCU out i have lost interest

Those are my two favorite teams to watch play. With them out, I was rooting for Wichita State to have an undefeated season. That went up in smoke. I guess I'm rooting for Stanford or Michigan State now. I like Izzo so I can get on board with them.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

their fans have quickly escalated to the annoyance level of in-state rival Tech...no thanks...they have one good season and they all of a sudden become fans...

I'm rooting for Virginia. Keep it in the ACC, and I really like their coach. The play great defense, and really sound, fundamental offense. It would be nice to see them cut down the nets IMO.

Ennis is light skinned enough to be bi-racial. Lots of kids these days have the name of one parent only. Perhaps his parents aren't married.

It seems like when the parents are together, even if not married, the kid gets the father's name. Usually.

their fans have quickly escalated to the annoyance level of in-state rival Tech...no thanks...they have one good season and they all of a sudden become fans...

Interesting. I frequent a Cuse hoops message board, and there have been a bunch of UVA goons trolling on there this year. Assumed it was just a few d-bags.

The only fans I really despise are YUKON fans.

i am all about being a good fan and good smack talk, but my beef is with those that don't say anything until after the game then start in with the smack, or fans that simply bash the opponent rather than rooting for your/their team. Every game, Syracuse & Buffalo, I am on Facebook pimping my teams game that day. If we win, I don't gloat or say anything other than what type of game it was, if we lose, I IMMEDIATELY go to any opposing team fans and congratulate them on their win, unless they are the douche-type I described above. I remember last year I was hyping Syracuse prior to the Villanova game that Nova wound up winning on a last second shot. I had some good back and forth with some Nova friends. As soon as the game ended I texted and/or put on their facebook what a great win it was for them...they hated me for it because i their words I was 'so damned "magnanimous" in defeat'....they couldn't come back at me to gloat because i beat them to the punch. :-)

Interesting. I frequent a Cuse hoops message board, and there have been a bunch of UVA goons trolling on there this year. Assumed it was just a few d-bags.

The only fans I really despise are YUKON fans.

very interesting...if true, that team could go 12=13 deep :lol: , but i am sure Boehiem would stick to 6

Haha...funny because it's true.

IF both end up staying, JB would have himself an embarrassment of riches. With McCullough and Caleb Joseph coming in...oh my!!

I'm not getting my hopes up until I hear the official word though. Been misled too many times by so-called "sports journalists" looking to get hits on their web page.

Haha...funny because it's true.

IF both end up staying, JB would have himself an embarrassment of riches. With McCullough and Caleb Joseph coming in...oh my!!

I'm not getting my hopes up until I hear the official word though. Been misled too many times by so-called "sports journalists" looking to get hits on their web page.

Gonna need em all if you wanna hang w the heels next year. 5 star recruits Theo Pinson and Joel Berry are gonna join Paige Meeks and co.

http://dystnow.com/2014/03/26/are-tyler-ennis-and-jerami-grant-staying-or-going/

I don't know anything about the credibility of the source, but interesting none the less. Regarding Grant and Ennis.

This guy's bio is pretty funny. He's like a 20-year old community college student, whose prior experience involves bleacher report!!

but you never know!!

I would be ecstatic if one of the two would come back.

does he have an outside shot? he seems to have some serious springs and a ton of quickness...also appears to dish the ball quite nicely

Kaleb is the very definition of a true combo guard from what I have seen/heard. Much better shooter than Ennis, and a very good floor general. I've seen some jaw dropping assists from him. Kid has great athleticism too...can jump out of the gym.

This looks like more recent footage. He has really filled his frame out. This one better depicts his shooting ability.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Tony Greene playing a big part in deciding another game instead of letting it play out on the court with the players....unreal...and i don't even care about either team...how does this guy get to officiate big games.

I posted something similar in the other NCAA thread. Unreal how this guy wants to play the hero. totally wrong mindset for an official.