SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dream on. ACC roots are North Carolina and Virginia. You Yankee boys ain't gonna run through anything!

Tar----heels Tar-----heeels

Looks like your boys got Zanna'd, Ryan. What a dominating performance by the big fella. 21 rebounds?! Wow.

Nice, gutsy comeback attempt at the end tho.

Looks like your boys got Zanna'd, Ryan. What a dominating performance by the big fella. 21 rebounds?! Wow.

Nice, gutsy comeback attempt at the end tho.

Yea I tuned in for the second half and saw the almost 20 pt comeback. I don't understand why Marcus Paige dominates 2nd halves and rarely scores in the first. Guy is a lights out stud, guess he has too much of a point guard dish mentality. Should have pressed a little earlier, almost stole that win away.

Good win for Pitt.

CJ Air seems to have lost the ole jumper

Just curious who your team is? I've literally never seen you say anything positive about Cuse in this thread. You only come out during bad performances.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Just curious who your team is? I've literally never seen you say anything positive about Cuse in this thread. You only come out during bad performances.

Ha, I love cuse. Just get too into the games and expect too much I guess... I expect domination with this talent

Crazy disappointing.... Whelp, hopefully it'll give em more fire going into the tourney. CJ couldn't possibly play worse. All Cooney needs is something to help him suck more. Ennis and Grant played well. Keita has gotten progressively worse this year. Butterfingers! I still love him though. Rak needs to stop getting stupid fouls. He is crucial to our success because even if he doesn't score he gives the illusion of scoring.

I'm guessing they fall to a 4 seed in the tourney and get bounced in the first two rounds. I've never seen a team miss shots for almost half a season.

I think anyone would be crazy to pick them into the second weekend, regardless of seed.

Way too inconsistent. to think, they won their first 30!!

I think anyone would be crazy to pick them into the second weekend, regardless of seed.

Way too inconsistent. to think, they won their first 30!!

Lol. I guess you're inadvertently referring to me. I'm doing 2 brackets this year in two different pools. I'm taking Cuse in one and Wichita State in the other. We've been SOOO cold from the field. Ridiculously cold. It's hard for me to believe we are just that bad. If we are clicking on all cylinders, we can beat anyone. But.... if we're still cold, my money is a just a nice donation.

Edit: Are you counting Canada in their win total?

Lol. I guess you're inadvertently referring to me. I'm doing 2 brackets this year in two different pools. I'm taking Cuse in one and Wichita State in the other. We've been SOOO cold from the field. Ridiculously cold. It's hard for me to believe we're are just that bad. If we are clicking on all cylinders, we can beat anyone. But.... if we're still cold, my money is a hist a nice donation.

Nothing wrong with a homer bracket!

if cooney plays like he did in the first half (of season), we will win it all. He is critical to the offense.

But I am done holding out hope for him.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

I'm just befuddled. This is not the same team I watched play against Nova and Duke. Embarrassing.

if cooney plays like he did in the first half, we will win it all. He is critical to the offense.

Yeah, I've quit waiting on Cooney to climb out of his slump too. He's just not a good shooter.

if cooney plays like he did in the first half (of season), we will win it all. He is critical to the offense.

I agree on all points logically. But my heart still hopes Cooney can at least stop being terrible.

Cooney kills me. I wonder if he's playing with broken ribs or some injury. I don't get how a sharp shooter can be so off. he can't even hit wide open, unguarded looks now.

He really single handedly has sunk this team.

Hard to say that when their best player shoots 2-50 or whatever it was.

Its not cooney...he's a shooter that is supposed to enhance the team with his shooting not carry it.

Fair has been unreal for 3.75 years...he seems to have forgotten how to shoot.

And while he didn't cost us the game. Grant has ALWAYS been more interested in the highlight reel than making baskets. I've said this all year and he proves my point almost every game.

I love boeheim but I could have done an exponentially better job of coaching those last 10 seconds.

Palm currently has Syracuse as the #4 seed in the west (San Antonio pod). I believe Lunardi had them as the 3 seed in Florida's bracket. My oh my, how the mighty Orange have fallen.

Never, ever watched a Syracuse team decline like this. Usually they get better as the season goes on, and peaks around tourney time. Serious question here...who slept with whose girlfriend? Doesn't look like a team to me right now. No cohesiveness, no intensity, and no leadership. Ugly.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Palm currently has Syracuse as the #4 seed in the west (San Antonio pod). I believe Lunardi had them as the 3 seed in Florida's bracket. My oh my, how the mighty Orange have fallen.

Never, ever watched a Syracuse team decline like this. Usually they get better as the season goes on, and peaks around tourney time. Serious question here...who slept with whose girlfriend? Doesn't look like a team to me right now. No cohesiveness, no intensity, and no leadership. Ugly.

I've seen intensity, it's just tough to keep intensity and cohesiveness when you can't hit shots. Every additional brick just sucks more air out of the teams' morale. As much as Ennis can lead, CJ is their leader. If he struggles the team loses some of its mojo. I still believe all of their problems are solved by making shots. They couldn't have shot worse against NC State, but they were still in it at the end. That shouldn't be possible when you shoot that bad.

Admittedly, I might be more optimistic about them than most. It ain't over till the fat lady gets kicked out of the buffet! Go Cuse!

That's exactly it. CJ needs to get his accuracy. He got his shots friday. He makes half of his misses SU wins going away. He makes half of the misses the pressure comes off Cooney. CJ makes his shots this is a team that can string together some wins.

I've seen intensity, it's just tough to keep intensity and cohesiveness when you can't hit shots. Every additional brick just sucks more air out of the teams' morale. As much as Ennis can lead, CJ is their leader. If he struggles the team loses some of its mojo. I still believe all of their problems are solved by making shots. They couldn't have shot worse against NC State, but they were still in it at the end. That shouldn't be possible when you shoot that bad.

Admittedly, I might be more optimistic about them than most. It ain't over till the fat lady gets kicked out of the buffet! Go Cuse!

That's exactly it. CJ needs to get his accuracy. He got his shots friday. He makes half of his misses SU wins going away. He makes half of the misses the pressure comes off Cooney. CJ makes his shots this is a team that can string together some wins.

Cooney has had one good game (ND) since ACC play started, and a few okay games. Cooney hits shots, and that opens up the middle for Fair, Grant, Ennis, and Christmas. These teams are packing the paint, and daring Syracuse to shoot from outside. This offense does not have a fighting chance without a legit deep-ball threat. Cooney is supposed to be that guy. He is not who we thought he was. Game by game with this putrid shooting, the air is being let out of this team. You can see it in their faces.

Agree totally. Go back & watch our big wins earlier. There's just more made shots, not more intensity. After the 1st Duke game our offensive efficiency was ranked higher than our defense as hard as they may be to believe. The offense has fallen off the cliff since.

A crapload of stuff went against us in the NC St game. Their botched alley-oop goes off the backboard & right to their guy, they bank in a 3, we pick up 2 charging fouls in the closing minute...

The bad news is it was NC freaking St and we should be able to overcome that stuff vs a bubble squad. But our margin for error is razor thin as we all know.

Re: seeding - There's basically no difference between 4-13 overall on the S curve in terms of resumes. It's possible though unlikely that we get bypassed by all of those 4-12 teams; so my $ is on a 3seed.

ESPN 30 for 30 requiem for the big east was AWESOME!! Couldn't stop smiling through most of it taking a trip down memory lane!

Yea I just watched it too. Boeheim throwing chairs! Carnesecca and Massamino were awesome.

Can't believe Nike paid Boeheim 175,000 while Cuse paid him 125,000.

tough bracket for syracuse...lets see if they can right the ship, if they get through the region they will have earned it big time

I'm just glad they're not in the Midwest! Wichita, Michigan, Duke...Louisville as the 4 seed? Kentucky as the 8 seed? Wow! Talk about a tough road to the final 4.

If Syracuse can break out of their shooting slump, I actually like their chances to advance to the elite 8.