SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

My prediction for tomorrow is a narrow Cuse victory. If their hitting a high 3pt % it'll be tough, but if we kill the boards like we have been we'll be okay.

X Factor - The best freshman on the court tomorrow will be Ennis. Don't get me wrong, if it was the NBA Draft, I'd still take Parker on ability and size alone, but Ennis is essentially a senior in my mind. Clutch kills.

GO CUSE!

I will take that!

This is probably the worst comparison, but Ennis reminds me of Lazarus Sims during our 96 run. Just really steady. (Ennis obviously brings a lot more to the table).

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take that!

This is probably the worst comparison, but Ennis reminds me of Lazarus Sims during our 96 run. Just really steady. (Ennis obviously brings a lot more to the table).

I can't remember much of Sims personally but I heard a comparison today that I really liked. It was Tony Parker. Ennis isn't as quick but I'd say that he plays just as smooth as Parker. And both have a tremendous ability to finish at the rim amongst the trees.

Talked to a bunch of people at the gym today. All consensus. Don't like Cuse to flat out win. Even UNC fans want Duke to win. That's like the ...that just doesn't happen. That's like a Pats fan wanting the Bills to beat the Pats then get their balls ripped off. People here think Cuse can win but Duke is too good at the threes. UNC fans were more doubtful Syracuse wins then Duke fans. Duke fans say there is a good chance and didn't disrespect them just gave it more as doubtful then optimistic.

Either way, hard spot for me because I like Duke and Cuse. Only because UNC fans want Duke to win I am going to cheer Orange. And Duke I my favorite team.

Talked to a bunch of people at the gym today. All consensus. Don't like Cuse to flat out win. Even UNC fans want Duke to win. That's like the ...that just doesn't happen. That's like a Pats fan wanting the Bills to beat the Pats then get their balls ripped off. People here think Cuse can win but Duke is too good at the threes. UNC fans were more doubtful Syracuse wins then Duke fans. Duke fans say there is a good chance and didn't disrespect them just gave it more as doubtful then optimistic.

Either way, hard spot for me because I like Duke and Cuse. Only because UNC fans want Duke to win I am going to cheer Orange. And Duke I my favorite team.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Sounds like UNC fans really want Cuse to lose because of how it would look if the ex Big East teams came in and just dominated the conference from the jump.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Sounds like UNC fans really want Cuse to lose because of how it would look if the ex Big East teams came in and just dominated the conference from the jump.

I understand the sentiment. Let's say the shoe was on the other foot...Duke joins the Big East and is just tearing apart the league. As a Cuse fan I would be cheering for any and all BE teams to beat Duke. Also would probably be making excuses as to why Duke is overrated. Jealousy. Will be a good game tonight. Expect JB to extend the zone and really get after their shooters.

Damn right.....hate having to root for Duke. Old ACC stand up!

Can't let you big Easters walk around like you own the place.

Duke is beatable, just don't let Rodney Hood get started though. Cuse should win with better size, duke has no center of worth iirc.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I understand the sentiment. Let's say the shoe was on the other foot...Duke joins the Big East and is just tearing apart the league. As a Cuse fan I would be cheering for any and all BE teams to beat Duke. Also would probably be making excuses as to why Duke is overrated. Jealousy. Will be a good game tonight. Expect JB to extend the zone and really get after their shooters.

If Cooney is struggling, Gbinije's length at the top of the zone could be a big factor if he sees extra minutes.

Damn right.....hate having to root for Duke. Old ACC stand up!

Can't let you big Easters walk around like you own the place.

Duke is beatable, just don't let Rodney Hood get started though. Cuse should win with better size, duke has no center of worth iirc.

If their 3 point % is hovering around 45-50% it could be a long frustrating day for the Cuse. Personally, I get more worried about Dawkins heating up like he did against Pitt . I expect Parker and Hood to get theirs, it's stopping the other guys from doubling their usual production that is the key in my mind.

I don't think SU matches up well with Duke, they shoot too well.

Cuse played about as good as they could in the first half and they're only up 3. I don't feel good about the second half, don't think they can score enough. Hopefully cooney can get hot and Duke gets cold

Wow, so this is just wowwww

I mean wow. some of these fouls are a little soft on Duke, but it'd probably not matter that much. But, jeez these guys are not backing down. Syracuse is really bringing it offensively tonight, Duke just loads up those 3's.

Wow.

wow. They called an offensive foul on Parker... wow. thats 5!

Wow.

what an ending

WOW

Edited by jboyst62

Wow, so this is just wowwww

I mean wow. some of these fouls are a little soft on Duke, but it'd probably not matter that much. But, jeez these guys are not backing down. Syracuse is really bringing it offensively tonight, Duke just loads up those 3's.

Wow.

wow. They called an offensive foul on Parker... wow. thats 5!

Wow.

what an ending

WOW

This

Needs more "wow"

i'll spell it backward.

wuw!

No joke, this might be the most intense game I have seen in a very long time. The suspense and the drama with what is playing out like a story line. strange calls on penalties. key players coming out. last minute tie ups. sharp shooting 3's bringing the game back from no where.

any time the ball goes up - it literally could go in. that may sound stupid but if you're really watching the game then you will understand.

welcome to the ACC Syracuse these folks down South are going to have to get used to this.

...i think i shoudl say wow right hear because that dunk and call... wow? or how about woah.

NoSaint, woah or wow?

The worst part of games like this is that now Duke will fall in rankings, probably out of the top 20, maybe even off top 25 because the polls are ****. If anything Duke should move up. Syracuse is a whole other level in NCAAB this year, that Duke hung in there with them is a!@#$ingmazwowing

I've been on Cooney's case for the past couple games but this, in my mind, was his best game of the year. Even better than the 27 pt game because this game meant more to everyone involved. He proved that the moment isn't too big for him, which I was thinking was the case. Great team game. I can't say a bad word about anyone.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Hahahaha

My goodness... Best game ever. Could you really be upset if SU lost??? What a f***ing game!!!!

Yeah I would have been mad bc I would have had to listen to a lot of stojan talking lol.

What a game though. Dukes ability from 3 is incredible but as usual a cold game will more than likely cost them when it counts. Great win for cuse and I know I saw it with homer glasses but that wasn't a foul on the dunk attempt at the end.

Great game by grant and fair. Ennis continues to be awesome when it matters. What a freaking game!

Wow wow wow wow wow wow.

If you can find a better start to finish game, let me know. No hyperbole at all

I dont mean to use any hyperbole when I say that was the best college basketball game Ive ever seen. Instant classic either way, but even better that Cuse won!!

He went straight up and the shot was off by the time the arms hit...I know that's usually called a foul but don't we really want that kind of play to be allowed as opposed to the calls that don't impact the scoring?

So close. I thought Rak got ball first though

Parker's 5th was bogus IMO. But that's basketball refs make mistakes.

Congrats on the big win. Hood gets that foul call 8 outta 10 times though IMO.

That call against Parker was a puzzler.

Those types of calls are so rare in the ACC, at least in years past. Haynesborough, Reddick, the big names in the ACC don't get those types of calls.