SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting game tonight. I guess playing at Va Tech is like playing Rutgers at the RAC--supposed to be a dog fight.

Stands are all sorts of empty in the upper corners. Kind of surprising for what is traditionally a tough place for teams to play.

frigging blacked out on espn3 and watch espn again here in philly :censored:

I thought I was blacked out too but it is on nbc of all channels. I wonder why you keep getting blacked out there. Pitt has to be the closest acc school to you and even still I don't get why that would black you out.

Really nice win. A bit frustrated in the first half, because Va Tech was staying in the game with 20-foot bank shots and just a lot of lucky shots. But the luck ran out.

I was really encouraged by gbinije's minutes. He actually can score! And ennis hitting 3's too--really opened the offense. Also nice to see Roberson get some good early minutes; thought he showed some nice flashes on offense.

CJ had one if his best games. Just killed them on the mid-range J's.

Interesting game tonight. I guess playing at Va Tech is like playing Rutgers at the RAC--supposed to be a dog fight.

I guess not. Although, to their credit, VA Tech was missing some important players. Great game by everyone. Nice to see Roberson, Patterson, and BJ Johnson get some minutes. The defense was very good tonight.

Does anyone know the nickname given to the trio of Roberson, Patterson, and Johnson? They've said it in like five different games but I can't remember what it was. It's killing me because Google is giving me nothing.

I thought so too but it looked & sounded more like Seton Hall, ha.

frigging blacked out on espn3 and watch espn again here in philly :censored:

Wtf? I got it on espn3 in Philly just fine.

Really nice win. A bit frustrated in the first half, because Va Tech was staying in the game with 20-foot bank shots and just a lot of lucky shots. But the luck ran out.

I was really encouraged by gbinije's minutes. He actually can score! And ennis hitting 3's too--really opened the offense. Also nice to see Roberson get some good early minutes; thought he showed some nice flashes on offense.

CJ had one if his best games. Just killed them on the mid-range J's.

Was never worried even a little bit.

I would like to see Ennis take more of those 3s if people are going to guard him out there like he's Keita or someone; he's obviously not an inept shooter so why the heck not.

It may have been on espn3. I saw (subject to blackout) in the guide and figured it was blacked out like the Miami game was for me...wound up going to champps in king of prussia who has the full court package.

I was more frustrated than worried last night. First half we should have been up big...but they stayed in it.

CJ & Grant were awesome. Ennis Rak keita & Cooney played very well. Lobe seeing gbinije & roberson getting some valuable playing time. Also very happy dajuan got in at the end.

Does anyone know the nickname given to the trio of Roberson, Patterson, and Johnson? They've said it in like five different games but I can't remember what it was. It's killing me because Google is giving me nothing.

I believe it is my three sons.

It may have been on espn3. I saw (subject to blackout) in the guide and figured it was blacked out like the Miami game was for me...wound up going to champps in king of prussia who has the full court package.

I was more frustrated than worried last night. First half we should have been up big...but they stayed in it.

CJ & Grant were awesome. Ennis Rak keita & Cooney played very well. Lobe seeing gbinije & roberson getting some valuable playing time. Also very happy dajuan got in at the end.

DirecTV has the full court package for free this week.

this is a really funny guide to understanding syracuse for the new acc crowd...well done Brent Axe!!

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2014/01/syracuse_basketball_guide_for.html

That was very funny. Thanks for posting Pooj.

BTW...anyone hear Bilas praising Syracuse during the Ok State game tonight? Said he thinks SU is the best team in the country right now. Also said that Ennis should be in the same conversation as Wiggins, Parker, and Gordon for freshman of the year. High praise coming from Bilas.

its a popeyes clone, or vice versa, it's every bit as awesome as popeyes

Great article by Axe!

I was pretty confused about this "bojangles"-- never heard of it.

born and raised and its always been seer-acuse

I lived there my first 22yrs & always said "Sarah". Never heard it pronounced any other way.

born and raised and its always been seer-acuse

I've been in the area almost 10 years now. When I first moved from Buffalo I was in the "sarah" crowd. Eventually some friends corrected me on it and I then trained myself to be in the "seer" group so that I didn't sound like a tourist. :devil:

Everyone getting out to the big UNC game this Saturday? I lucked into a couple just last night.

I've been in the area almost 10 years now. When I first moved from Buffalo I was in the "sarah" crowd. Eventually some friends corrected me on it and I then trained myself to be in the "seer" group so that I didn't sound like a tourist. :devil:

Everyone getting out to the big UNC game this Saturday? I lucked into a couple just last night.

Nah I sold mine. My season ticket cost $485 and I sold duke and unc. I'm now in only $295 for the rest of the games. It was too good of a deal to pass up.

That said ill never buy seasons again. Early season games are rapid fire and against weak competition. I also saw tickets for the Indiana game going for $5 right at tip off. I think I'm going to try it for Duke and if I can't get them just drive home and watch in on dvr.

The Sarah vs seera debate has me split. I've heard it both ways and dot even know that I say one over the other. Certainly not something I've heard people ever talk about and not nearly the lightning rod that pop vs soda is!

Nah I sold mine. My season ticket cost $485 and I sold duke and unc. I'm now in only $295 for the rest of the games. It was too good of a deal to pass up.

That said ill never buy seasons again. Early season games are rapid fire and against weak competition. I also saw tickets for the Indiana game going for $5 right at tip off. I think I'm going to try it for Duke and if I can't get them just drive home and watch in on dvr.

A couple of my friends sold their twp Duke tickets for 1000$ total. They sit one over from the student section. Seems insane to me someone would pay that much. I get the excitement for a new big ACC opponent but they will be playing them plenty of more times at the dome.

I talked myself out of seasons for a similar reason. Just seemed a waste for all of those non-conference games in November and December that were mostly laughers. And for the bigger conference games tickets are occasionally floating around so I end up going to some of them anyway. For this Saturday I was able to get two tickets for only 15$ from friends of friends. They are decent too, 311.

If not for that I'd be just as happy at home or a local watering hole with some junk food. Definitely my plan for the Duke game. It is going to be chaos up on the hill.