SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

coleman looks better each game. i had to laugh when one of the announcers was commenting on how disappointed he was in CJ's lack of energy the first few games...i talked back to him asking when has CJ EVER displayed any energy or enthusiasm...he simply quietly goes about his business...hell even when his face got busted open, he barely flinched, he got up, walked over to the sideline and that was it....

Nice win against a scrappy Minnesota team. First time I was actually able to see the team live.

The defense can be and will get a lot better.

Coleman showing some potential.

Hopefully we can develop another complement to cooney on the outside.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grant is an absolute beast...needs to chill out on the fouls. Cooney needs to have more ball awareness, those back to back turnovers were horrible. Nice to see Ennis hitting his stride. Meanwhile Dajuan, Rak and Keita just keep plugging along adding solid support. Would love to see Gbinje be more active, but I guess he'll get there. Tough test against Baylor tonight.

Another very solid win. Cal seems legit. Cuse offense was really ticking. And when you have another guy hitting some outside shots, the whole offense opens up.

Great night at the line too.

Ennis is much better than I thought he would be at this stage. He has grown a lot just during this tournament. When Jay Bilas compared him to Doc Rivers, I thought that was pretty spot on. He's probably gone after this season. Love what I'm seeing from Jerami Grant. It's amazing that he is our 6th or 7th guy right now. Fair is the heart and soul of this team, but it's nice to see that we have other scorers. This team appears to be ready for another good tournament run.

Only saw the second half but they do look very good in the early going. These aren't cupcakes that they are beating. Cooney & Ennis make a very nice guard tandem. The bigs fill their roles nicely and will only get stinger as the season goes on.

Great win against Baylor!

If we play on offense like this every night, we will never lose. Guard play was outstanding again. Ennis is looking like the real deal-- very controlled but deceptively quick game.

Can't say enough about fair or grant.

Man, the Maui Tourney was fun!

Ennis looks so poised and in control on the floor, and Grant really stepped up in these last 2 games.

I will say that Gbinije scares the **** out of me when he handles the ball.

Also, good FT shooting? What is that all about???

Ennis looks so poised and in control on the floor, and Grant really stepped up in these last 2 games.

Yeah, it is strange watching Syracuse hit foul shots. Just curious, what scares you about Gbinije bringing the ball up the court? I suppose I will have to re-watch, but I thought he had a good handle, moved the ball well, and looked confident. His offensive game really needs some work though. It looks like he is afraid to shoot. Boeheim probably told him not to...lol.

did you go to the tourney?

Was thinking that it would be a cool trip this time of year.

Hah, no...I wish - after re-reading my post, it does kinda sound like I was there. That definitely would've been a great trip to take.

Going to the IU game on Tuesday, though.

Yeah, it is strange watching Syracuse hit foul shots. Just curious, what scares you about Gbinije bringing the ball up the court? I suppose I will have to re-watch, but I thought he had a good handle, moved the ball well, and looked confident. His offensive game really needs some work though. It looks like he is afraid to shoot. Boeheim probably told him not to...lol.

He just looks unsure of himself, IMO. After he was picked clean in the Cal game, it looked like he wanted nothing to do with bringing the ball up.

Has Cuse been a bad FT shooting team since the 90's? Since then I feel they have been at least average. There have been a couple of duds, Fab Melo comes to mind but its not like they are rolling out Herman Harried or Stevie Thompson.

nice to hear some old names...i think i read recently that herm harried has gone into the coaching arena, maybe just high school, but if i recall, he is having a successful run at whatever level he is at. always liked the Helicopter

found the article about him

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/09/where_are_they_now_wednesday_s_2.html

Has Cuse been a bad FT shooting team since the 90's? Since then I feel they have been at least average. There have been a couple of duds, Fab Melo comes to mind but its not like they are rolling out Herman Harried or Stevie Thompson.

Edited by The Poojer

i'd like to see more offense from our bigs...dajuan and keita missed at least 3-4 shots underneath. rak played pretty well, jerami grant is an absolute beast but sometimes he tries to go more for the sizzle. Ennis & Cooney are incredible up top in that zone defense...it looks stingier than it did with MCW and Triche...who'da thunk it

i'd like to see more offense from our bigs...dajuan and keita missed at least 3-4 shots underneath. rak played pretty well, jerami grant is an absolute beast but sometimes he tries to go more for the sizzle. Ennis & Cooney are incredible up top in that zone defense...it looks stingier than it did with MCW and Triche...who'da thunk it

I am at the point where I am not expecting anything ever on offense from the bigs. These guys (coleman and rak) remind me of mookie and t rob a few years back. Oodles of potential, but never could figure it out on offense.

Grant is going to be like this all year. Some good offensive outputs, and then not so much. When he is down though he still is great on the boards.