SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

game is f***ing blacked out on espn3...wtf??? georgetown/st johns, cornell/st. bona are all being televised, but the #2 team in the country??? NOPE!!! :censored:

Weird. I am getting it, but am obviously out of market. I thought the game wasn't on any local tv.

Miami is hitting a bunch of 25-foot 3s. Kinda a joke.

i'm in philly...its blacked out on line, on the xbox espn app, not on regular tv, can get it on a ppv channel, i am settling for listening to it on sirius channel 85

Weird. I am getting it, but am obviously out of market. I thought the game wasn't on any local tv.

Ugly win, but I will take it. I thought Miami actually had a pretty good game plan and played well. They have some size.

But if cooney weren't ice cold from 3, this would have been an easy 10-12 point win.

By the way, thought the officiating was weird. Lot of physical play and barely any fouls called on either team.

Missed the game. Had to go to a kids birthday party. What the heck happened? I read the above posts, but was Syracuse just off today? Saw we got the usual pretty good offensive contributions from Fair and Ennis, did no one else step up? Did we get beat up on the glass? Lots of turnovers? What's the scoop?

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

I would say that we played poorly based on a combination of just our own funk on offense (exacerbated by them playing some zone and us missing a lot of open looks), and getting beat some on the glass.

Without cooney and grant hitting some outside shots, there isn't enough offense to beat a zone.

Absolutely pathetic offensive output. Luckily the zone was strong today. A loss is coming bc they just don't show up to play and thus far haven't had to pay for it. Every time they pull one of these games out it just reinforces their own belief. They are going to get smoked one of these games.

I will give Rak some credit today he played very well down the stretch after a few bad turnovers early. The zone is absolutely fantastic this year. The rotations are so good and clean there are very few holes in it.

Absolutely pathetic offensive output. Luckily the zone was strong today. A loss is coming bc they just don't show up to play and thus far haven't had to pay for it. Every time they pull one of these games out it just reinforces their own belief. They are going to get smoked one of these games.

I will give Rak some credit today he played very well down the stretch after a few bad turnovers early. The zone is absolutely fantastic this year. The rotations are so good and clean there are very few holes in it.

Agreed that this team tends to start slow. Seems as though, for many games this season, they don't wake up until about 10 minutes into the game. They have rebounded well thus far, but it won't be as easy to pull things together versus Duke and UNC.

I actually think JB needs to tell ennis to be more assertive, at least on days like this. On offense, we are really only going to go as far as our guards and CJ take us. Today, we could have really used ennis just looking to create his own shot, since no one else could hit anything.

Re the defense, you are right. We do a great job on the rotations, esp the guards. They work really well in tandem.

Agreed that this team tends to start slow. Seems as though, for many games this season, they don't wake up until about 10 minutes into the game. They have rebounded well thus far, but it won't be as easy to pull things together versus Duke and UNC.

I was surprised when I got home from the game today to watch Duke lose to notre dame. I agree completely though one of these teams won't go ice cold after jumping on them early. Hopefully one of these games serves as a wake up call but having coached in the past myself teams are who they are and it would surprise me if they changed. I'm just glad they finish strong!

I actually think JB needs to tell ennis to be more assertive, at least on days like this. On offense, we are really only going to go as far as our guards and CJ take us. Today, we could have really used ennis just looking to create his own shot, since no one else could hit anything.

Re the defense, you are right. We do a great job on the rotations, esp the guards. They work really well in tandem.

He started out aggressive and I thought he was trying to make up for last game and then he just kind of stopped. His drive towards the end when the lane opened up was huge though.

Agree about the guards and Cj. This team just needs 2 of the 3 to have a good game in order to stay competitive. Today they didn't get that but still pulled it out. I'm more discouraged then encouraged but hey it's still a w!