SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://zagsblog.com/articles/saying-hes-ready-richardson-set-to-announce/#more-107108

Zagsblog says Malachi is headed to Cuse. Reading through the article, it sounds like merely speculation. I have heard "rumblings," however, that it is accurate. Apparently, MR saw all he needed to see during his recent visit to the hill.

So happy for dvr... Can watch this game and cut out some commercials for the Bills game. Will prob still get done at 4 with all the tv timeouts!

I tivo'd both, and started watching at about 2 pm. Caught up to Bills game at halftime, went to Cuse game and watched that in its entirety, and then went back and finished the Bills game. I was done with both games by 4 pm!

Scary game, by the way. CJ seemed out of sorts, and I have never seen the Cuse defense get beat down the floor on fastbreaks so often.

I tivo'd both, and started watching at about 2 pm. Caught up to Bills game at halftime, went to Cuse game and watched that in its entirety, and then went back and finished the Bills game. I was done with both games by 4 pm!

Scary game, by the way. CJ seemed out of sorts, and I have never seen the Cuse defense get beat down the floor on fastbreaks so often.

Sju was certainly running up and down at will. I had a few takeaways from this game.

1. Ennis is an absolute stud. He could carry this team in March.

2. I hate te new hand check rule. It drags out the ends of games, teams are in the bonus quickly, and makes many games free throw shooting contests.

3. Fair on the baseline is just money. This might not have been his best game but it wasn't a terrible one either.

4. There you are rak!!!! Nice to see inspire ball from him.

5. What else can be said about Jerami grant? He is certainly there energy guy. That dunk and at the end that block! Wow.

6. Nice to see Cuse hang on close games for 1 & 2 this weekend. I wish michigan could have finished the game better yesterday.

Sju was certainly running up and down at will. I had a few takeaways from this game.

1. Ennis is an absolute stud. He could carry this team in March.

2. I hate te new hand check rule. It drags out the ends of games, teams are in the bonus quickly, and makes many games free throw shooting contests.

3. Fair on the baseline is just money. This might not have been his best game but it wasn't a terrible one either.

4. There you are rak!!!! Nice to see inspire ball from him.

5. What else can be said about Jerami grant? He is certainly there energy guy. That dunk and at the end that block! Wow.

6. Nice to see Cuse hang on close games for 1 & 2 this weekend. I wish michigan could have finished the game better yesterday.

Good observations.

Re Rak, he flashes such huge potential. Imagine if those bigs could put together a consistent offensive performance. The offense would open up--and we wouldn't have to try so hard to run a million screens to get Fair and Cooney open.

Good observations.

Re Rak, he flashes such huge potential. Imagine if those bigs could put together a consistent offensive performance. The offense would open up--and we wouldn't have to try so hard to run a million screens to get Fair and Cooney open.

I thought that as I watched the game too. The offense is a lot of dribbling and screens waiting for a big to get position. Somehow it works though.

It was really good to see them get the w on a day where they were ice cold from outside. Luckily sju was as well.

Rough game at MSG yesterday. Careless with the ball, Cooney stayed home, and the defense looked slow. Good teams find a way to win games like this on the road though. If you can call MSG the road. Thank goodness for CJ Fair stepping up late in the game.

Villanova will be a very good test for this team.

Rough game at MSG yesterday. Careless with the ball, Cooney stayed home, and the defense looked slow. Good teams find a way to win games like this on the road though. If you can call MSG the road. Thank goodness for CJ Fair stepping up late in the game.

Villanova will be a very good test for this team.

very uncharactersitic with the turnovers. I think we had more turnovers than St. John's, which did a pretty good job not turning the ball over.

Cooney was absolutely blanketed on those screens. I think they need to let him handle the ball and pick and roll sometimes to get open. game would have been totally different if we could have hit a couple 3s.

they just looked off, especially in the first half...they were short arming alot of shots, just seemed out of synch, cooney had a shadow everywhere he went. still happy to see coleman improving each game, still a ways to go, but he is becoming a beast in there. 'Nova will be a very tough game, I am very glad it is in the Dome, in Philly would be a very tough game, just like it was last year.

Bump! High Point University tonight. Most likely a cake-walk for the Orange, but keep an eye on HPU Sophomore SF John Brown. Apparently, the guy is a "highlight reel" type of player who can score in bunches (leads the team with 20 ppg). Known for his electrifying dunks. It will be interesting to see how Syracuse handles him.

Wow...explosive second half...the announcers thought this second half may have been the best full half the orange has played this year...grant with an ankle sprain... Hopefully 8 days rest will have him ready for Nova... That game scares the stojan out of me

Wow...explosive second half...the announcers thought this second half may have been the best full half the orange has played this year...grant with an ankle sprain... Hopefully 8 days rest will have him ready for Nova... That game scares the stojan out of me

Yikes. Missed the game for a Christmas party. Glad they picked it up. Next week will be huge. Jay wright does a great job dissecting the zone.

Yikes. Missed the game for a Christmas party. Glad they picked it up. Next week will be huge. Jay wright does a great job dissecting the zone.

Yeah this game scares the hell out of me. Jay Wright is a hell of a coach, IMO, and he will have his team ready. Bringing my son to the game. He's turning 4 next Saturday, and this will be his first SU game. Hopefully some good "ju-ju" for the guys in orange.

I felt terrible for the girl that wipes the floor up when players fall. The court didn't get wiped and grant went down. It looked bad. It's a relief that it's only a high ankle sprain.

They played well in the second half. The first half wasn't even that bad high point was just incredibly lucky first half. Lots of end of the shot clock prayers and banked 3s. In the second half they stopped getting lucky and Cuse showed their talent.

Again I have to mention that Ennis is an absolute stud. He just continues to impress and improve. Keita was a big part of this game as well. He does all the little things and does them well.

Game day!!!! I'm watching the game with and amongst several villanova grads & fans. This is gonna be a whale of a game. Jay Wright knows how to coach against Syracuse as well as anyone. Hopefully the week off has given Grants ankle time to heal. Ennis vs. Ennis should be interesting.

LET'S GO 'CUSE!!!!

JH: great game to take your son to!

I thought cuse did a great job gutting out an awful start.

I actually predicted that the worst thing for nova was hitting all those early 3's. they fell in love with the 3 and went away from what could have been a more effective midrange game. Remember how Dante Cunningham used to carve us up with those 15 footers? That's what they needed to do, instead of jacking 30 3's.

Great game by the guards again. CJ and Grant played well for the most part. Wish they would have fed Christmas more-- he was working hard for the ball.

James Bell is a baller.

What a sac by the 'Cuse team...fell behind by 17 then dominated the other 50 minutes! When did we become a free throw shooting team? CJ...lights out! Ennis impressed the Nova crowd I was with. Cooney is a keeper. Great frigging game against a very tough team to beat

What a sac by the 'Cuse team...fell behind by 17 then dominated the other 50 minutes! When did we become a free throw shooting team? CJ...lights out! Ennis impressed the Nova crowd I was with. Cooney is a keeper. Great frigging game against a very tough team to beat

How bad was their trash talk early?

JH: great game to take your son to!

I thought cuse did a great job gutting out an awful start.

I actually predicted that the worst thing for nova was hitting all those early 3's. they fell in love with the 3 and went away from what could have been a more effective midrange game. Remember how Dante Cunningham used to carve us up with those 15 footers? That's what they needed to do, instead of jacking 30 3's.

Great game by the guards again. CJ and Grant played well for the most part. Wish they would have fed Christmas more-- he was working hard for the ball.

James Bell is a baller.

Oh my! We had so much fun. What a gutsy game by Syracuse. Ennis and Cooney did well to dig us out of our early hole, and then Ennis and Grant both played really well to close out the game. When we were down early, I told my wife to remain confident because there was no way Nova could sustain their perimeter shooting. Sure enough, they started missing some and Syracuse capitalized. Great game by Grant. He is just such a beast. Interesting that Roberson saw the floor for 3-4 minutes. Ennis is just incredible. I really can't see him sticking around for another year.

Anyone else think the officiating in this game was horrible? A lot of no calls on blatant fouls IMO.

A side story...given that the students were on break Otto was not at the game. My son was very disappointed. We asked one of the ushers if Otto was going to make an appearance, and he said no, but asked where our seats were. Well, with about 8 minutes left in the game a guy from guest services came to our seats with a birthday gift bag for my son. There was a mini helmet, a t shirt, a team photo, and a bunch of other little nick knacks and toys. I was really impressed and grateful.

Great win for our boys over a very solid and well-coached team. Will prove to be important as we work toward the #1 seed in the east.

Oh my! We had so much fun. What a gutsy game by Syracuse. Ennis and Cooney did well to dig us out of our early hole, and then Ennis and Grant both played really well to close out the game. When we were down early, I told my wife to remain confident because there was no way Nova could sustain their perimeter shooting. Sure enough, they started missing some and Syracuse capitalized. Great game by Grant. He is just such a beast. Interesting that Roberson saw the floor for 3-4 minutes. Ennis is just incredible. I really can't see him sticking around for another year.

Anyone else think the officiating in this game was horrible? A lot of no calls on blatant fouls IMO.

A side story...given that the students were on break Otto was not at the game. My son was very disappointed. We asked one of the ushers if Otto was going to make an appearance, and he said no, but asked where our seats were. Well, with about 8 minutes left in the game a guy from guest services came to our seats with a birthday gift bag for my son. There was a mini helmet, a t shirt, a team photo, and a bunch of other little nick knacks and toys. I was really impressed and grateful.

Great win for our boys over a very solid and well-coached team. Will prove to be important as we work toward the #1 seed in the east.

Very nice for your son! A great game, then someone takes a few minutes to make the day extra special for him. You can't beat that.

that's a great story but the students not in session is no excuse for the lack of otto...i wondered if otto would be there with the bowl game the night before, i assumed they would have 2 otto's in such cases. i guess not

that's a great story but the students not in session is no excuse for the lack of otto...i wondered if otto would be there with the bowl game the night before, i assumed they would have 2 otto's in such cases. i guess not

The gentleman explained to me that Otto is a student, and was home on holiday break. I didn't ask, but I got the impression that there was not an alternate.

Very nice for your son! A great game, then someone takes a few minutes to make the day extra special for him. You can't beat that.

Very classy move, yes. I will admit, however, for a few minutes there I thought my boy's first game was going to be a Nova beat down of Syracuse.

The gentleman explained to me that Otto is a student, and was home on holiday break. I didn't ask, but I got the impression that there was not an alternate.

Very classy move, yes. I will admit, however, for a few minutes there I thought my boy's first game was going to be a Nova beat down of Syracuse.

It was a beautiful day here and my daughter wanted to go for a bike ride. Those days are rare this time of year so we loaded up the bikes when the score was around 15-5. My wife, the Cuse grad in the family had me turn off the TV. I got back to catch the final 1:30.

It was a beautiful day here and my daughter wanted to go for a bike ride. Those days are rare this time of year so we loaded up the bikes when the score was around 15-5. My wife, the Cuse grad in the family had me turn off the TV. I got back to catch the final 1:30.

Misses one hell of a game. Taking your daughter for a bike ride on a beautiful day usually takes precedence though. That's why they invented DVR, and the thingy you turn on to silence your phone.

Did your wife turn off the TV out of frustration? Is she even a sports fan?

Misses one hell of a game. Taking your daughter for a bike ride on a beautiful day usually takes precedence though. That's why they invented DVR, and the thingy you turn on to silence your phone.

Did your wife turn off the TV out of frustration? Is she even a sports fan?

She is a big sports fan, but she also assumes that if she doesn't watch they (Cuse, Red Sox etc.) will win.

EMU today. Former SU assistant Rob Murphy has recruited to emulate Boeheim's 2-3 zone. Former Cuse player Dashonte Riley (sp?) still plays for them. Should be interesting. EMU has played a strong schedule this year, but has been toasted by ranked opponents.

I noticed that about EMU's schedule-- it's about as tough as you can get. Syracuse, Kentucky, Duke, and a good UMass team.

I have got to wonder if JB helps Murphy land some of these non-conference games.