• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician" apparently found out who the guy is

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-selden/45/ab0/65b

haha; awesome.

and then there is this IU fan at the dome last night

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2013/12/4/5174582/indianas-zone-inefficiency-wasnt-the-only-thing-that-got-exposed-last

Looks like syracuse won the battle of NY!

I didn't see the game, but looks like they did what they were supposed to do--demolish a far inferior opponent.

Binghamton came out firing early. Had an early 8 point lead if I recall correctly. Boeheim brought the press and Syracuse dominated the rest of the game. Cooney shot well, and a few of the freshmen were able to get some solid minutes. Good game for the orange.

Ennis got into early foul trouble. Patterson came in and looked 'very good'. If he can give the team that kind of support he will solidify this team that much more. Coleman keeps looking better each game. It was definitely inferior talent but they looked strong. Our walkons really suck though! :-)

Binghamton came out firing early. Had an early 8 point lead if I recall correctly. Boeheim brought the press and Syracuse dominated the rest of the game. Cooney shot well, and a few of the freshmen were able to get some solid minutes. Good game for the orange.

These guys are pulling me in! I had tempered my expectations before the year bc of the youth on this squad. Cooney has been a huge surprise to me. Watching them this summer I felt like Ennis belonged but he is playing above my expectations as well.

i started rooting for UNLV yesterday over Arizona, then realized that i didn't want SU at #1 this early...they don't need that 'distraction' right now.

With Kentucky and Michigan St. losing, it looks like Syracuse will be ranked #2 behind Arizona on Monday.

i started rooting for UNLV yesterday over Arizona, then realized that i didn't want SU at #1 this early...they don't need that 'distraction' right now.

Agreed. I don't even feel like Cuse is a top 3 team right now after watching some other teams (i.e., Duke, Louisville). Could they be? Yes, I think they could get there, especially with a little more of an offensive contribution from the bigs.

to your and hammersticks posts...i am not sure if they aren't a top 3-5 team...i wouldn't have thought so earlier, but they have really stepped up and shaken some rust/dust off...the 2-3 zone is more dominant now than it has been in a long time, cooney & ennis are nails up at the top of the zone, add in their offensive threat. CJ is money, Rak & Dajuan cause fits underneath, all of a sudden you bring in keita and grant, gbinije and the 'hopeful' emergence of patterson...my goodness this team is awfully strong...young yes, but strong as hell...really looking forward to how they handle Nova in a couple weeks...even boeheim is giving his team some praise.

The reality is that even though this team is probably not a top 5 team, I want to see us up there as much as possible this year. It's the way to get a high seed, and I am now spoiled with no. 1 seeding.

to your and hammersticks posts...i am not sure if they aren't a top 3-5 team...i wouldn't have thought so earlier, but they have really stepped up and shaken some rust/dust off...the 2-3 zone is more dominant now than it has been in a long time, cooney & ennis are nails up at the top of the zone, add in their offensive threat. CJ is money, Rak & Dajuan cause fits underneath, all of a sudden you bring in keita and grant, gbinije and the 'hopeful' emergence of patterson...my goodness this team is awfully strong...young yes, but strong as hell...really looking forward to how they handle Nova in a couple weeks...even boeheim is giving his team some praise.

They're actually a more balanced team than last year. We had a great d last year, but suspect o. This year it seems like we are solid all around.

The key between a final four run and a sweet 16 one will be: (1) depth at guard; (2) contributions from the bigs. As you basically said.

Rumor has it, 2015 5 star SG Malachi Richardson (ranked 12th overall) is going to make a verbal commitment some time this week or next. Reported to be an Indiana lean, but seems to be down to Indiana, UCONN, and Cuse (although some reports say he is still considering 6 schools). Oh yeah, and he was in attendance at the Syracuse - Indiana game. Would be a HUGE commit for Syracuse. Keep your fingers crossed!!