SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

Nah I sold mine. My season ticket cost $485 and I sold duke and unc. I'm now in only $295 for the rest of the games. It was too good of a deal to pass up.

That said ill never buy seasons again. Early season games are rapid fire and against weak competition. I also saw tickets for the Indiana game going for $5 right at tip off. I think I'm going to try it for Duke and if I can't get them just drive home and watch in on dvr.

The Sarah vs seera debate has me split. I've heard it both ways and dot even know that I say one over the other. Certainly not something I've heard people ever talk about and not nearly the lightning rod that pop vs soda is!

The problem with reselling Cuse tickets is they play in to big of a place. If they had an 16-20K seat arena you would be able to name your price for teams like Duke/UNC/Indiana & probably still get a decent buck for some of the mid level home games. Now factor in that your also losing games against storied rivalries like Gtown, Villanova, Uconn etc... & replacing them with teams like G Tech, V Tech, & Wake Forest & those tickets are pretty much worthless. I was playing around with getting season tickets this year especially with Duke/UNC/Indiana coming in but decided not to. Just to tough for me to get out there during the week(I live in Lancaster) & on the Saturday games I was not really willing to spend a whole day revolving around a 2 hour basketball game(although this time of year I usually watch college basketball all day on Saturdays). I kind of wish I got them now since it looks like Cuse has a real chance to cut down the nets this year but oh well.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off game on offense, but we just wanted it more. Just awesome effort on the boards. I thought grant, Christmas, and Keita just were bullies.

Carolina has a ton of talent and size, but seemed to just have no heart.

Surprised that gbinije didn't get any second half minutes. He played great in the first half.

Oh, the refs were awful. Our guys were getting mugged all day.

yeah this game was a defensive display of power. the defense made UNC look foolish. We had more turnovers than we are used to. CJ & Jerami from 15-18 out are just deadly and Ennis is masterful running the offense. Cooney is a stud at the top of that zone. Rak is so important to this team and i honestly think that having Coleman out is contributing to our sluggish starts.

Kinda wish we were still in the Big East where we would face some good teams! :devil:

By the way, I think Roy Williams is a very overrated coach. He recruits well. But if he doesn't get all the blue chip players, he struggles. Doesn't seem to coach these guys up, like Boeheim and his staff do. Today was a good example of that; lots of just undisciplined mistakes by his team. Then on offense, they basically went away from the only thing that was working-- macadoo at the top of the key.

This has to explain some of the inconsistency you see with UNC.

Might be the best 2-3 zone I have ever seen. So quick and long at every single position. Jerami Grant is quickly becoming my favorite player. The guy is just a beast on the glass, and his offensive game is getting there. Ennis has to be one of the best players in the country in terms of importance to his team. Without Ennis, dare I say...this team is in trouble.

Might be the best 2-3 zone I have ever seen. So quick and long at every single position. Jerami Grant is quickly becoming my favorite player. The guy is just a beast on the glass, and his offensive game is getting there. Ennis has to be one of the best players in the country in terms of importance to his team. Without Ennis, dare I say...this team is in trouble.

Yup I keep saying this. They satarted out slow to the tune of 10-2 and then it was off to the races. I believe I saw that only 2 UNC players scored more than 4 points. Grant is starting to come into his own but this team has so many weapons. On any given night it may be Ennis, Cooney, Fair, or Grant that goes off for 20. Add in the presence of Keita to make the hustle plays and I'm really liking this team.

To pile on the ACC I have had to listen for years from my friends that are Dunke and UNC fans how bad the Big East is and how over rated all of their teams were. I heard all about how UNC was going to beat Cuse this week because they show up against good teams. After the game Duke fans started in about how they will take down Cuse and then they lost by 13. I am really enjoying all of the crow they are eating!

Not sure about that game. BC (and their lame 5000 fans and cheap rattly rims) is horrible. A little disappointing that we didn't play better, especially on the inside. I also think the crappy officiating didn't help us.

But gotta love cooney. Getting to the rim really got him comfortable out there and opened some stuff on the outside.

Not sure about that game. BC (and their lame 5000 fans and cheap rattly rims) is horrible. A little disappointing that we didn't play better, especially on the inside. I also think the crappy officiating didn't help us.

But gotta love cooney. Getting to the rim really got him comfortable out there and opened some stuff on the outside.

I think Rak's foul trouble was a big part of the problem on the inside. He's been real good lately. Completely agree on Cooney. Ennis continues to impress. Only gripe with him is that he could be a little more selfish. Love his pass first game, but he can take over if he wants too. He's got the game.

I think Rak's foul trouble was a big part of the problem on the inside. He's been real good lately. Completely agree on Cooney. Ennis continues to impress. Only gripe with him is that he could be a little more selfish. Love his pass first game, but he can take over if he wants too. He's got the game.

Agree re ennis. I feel like Boeheim needs to basically order him to look for his shot more. He gets a lot of mismatches on the switches, which he could exploit.

By the way, what's up with Coleman? He basically bumped his knee 3 weeks ago. Wonder if he's in the dog house.

Agree re ennis. I feel like Boeheim needs to basically order him to look for his shot more. He gets a lot of mismatches on the switches, which he could exploit.

By the way, what's up with Coleman? He basically bumped his knee 3 weeks ago. Wonder if he's in the dog house.

The announcers said it was a bone bruise. It is weird though. He also had a shiner tonight when they showed him.

I know I'm always the next day guy but anyways my thoughts:

1. The 3s BC was hoisting and making! This was almost the game where the other team stayed hot throughout. Then they went ice cold at about the 10 minute mark. I knew it was a good thing when Cuse was still hanging close even though they had started slowly in the second half.

2. The fouls in the ACC are out of control. I won't yell conspiracy against Big East teams because I don't think that is it. ACC identity has always been finesse and Big East rough and tumble. Cuse, Pitt, and ND are beating these teams up. Having the depth Cuse does is allowing that.

3. Grant, my man! Boeheim even trusted enough to stick with him when he had 4 fouls and wow what a payoff. When he is on and motivated he is scary good.

4. Fair needs to take control more. He, not Ennis, is who I wish was more demanding of the ball. I know it isn't him but sometimes it gets frustrating. He disappeared for long stretches last night.

5. Cooney. Do I need to say anything about him? Dunks?!? Thank god for his first half yesterday. It also looks like he may have finally shot his way out of his slump.

6. Ennis, Mr. Calm Cool and Collected. Baskets when needed and great at slicing through defenses.

7. The bone bruise sidelining Coleman may actually be good for all involved. IT is getting Grant more time, Rak has stepped his game up, Keita gets more time, and hopefully Coleman is soaking up some of the in game coaching. That said bone bruises hurt like h*ll and especially when they are on joints.

8. C'mon announcers. Read the Brent Axe article. These aren't even ACC announcers they were ESPN announcers last night. It is pathetic. This isn't some bottom of the barrel team it is the #2 team in the country. Shouldn't you know the name of their best shooter TREVOR Cooney?