SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

Haha. So true.

I am still a little bitter about onaku's injury in 2010. IMO, that was as close as we have come to a sure-fire championship team.

Yah that was the worst. Especially when Kansas & Kentucky lost (we could've beaten then with AO but they were the only teams on our level). Unbelievable how lucky Duke got that year.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I think Roy Williams is a very overrated coach. He recruits well. But if he doesn't get all the blue chip players, he struggles. Doesn't seem to coach these guys up, like Boeheim and his staff do. Today was a good example of that; lots of just undisciplined mistakes by his team. Then on offense, they basically went away from the only thing that was working-- macadoo at the top of the key.

This has to explain some of the inconsistency you see with UNC.

Old Roy really needed Harrison back & once he was dismissed I knew it was going to be a struggle for them. Yeah they had some nice early season wins but this team can't shoot. That is not a good aspect of your game to be lacking in when your playing Syracuse. They are going to struggle to even make the tournament although they got 3 pretty big wins on their resume.

Old Roy really needed Harrison back & once he was dismissed I knew it was going to be a struggle for them. Yeah they had some nice early season wins but this team can't shoot. That is not a good aspect of your game to be lacking in when your playing Syracuse. They are going to struggle to even make the tournament although they got 3 pretty big wins on their resume.

Agreed about Harrison. Big loss for UNC. I think they will make the NCAA's, however, as they should be able to accumulate enough ACC wins to bolster their resume. The ACC seems to be just a few steps up from division II quality play this year.

Agreed about Harrison. Big loss for UNC. I think they will make the NCAA's, however, as they should be able to accumulate enough ACC wins to bolster their resume. The ACC seems to be just a few steps up from division II quality play this year.

It is a down year for the ACC for sure. This is the worst I could remember Duke/Carolina being as a combination & the other thing is in years past you usually had 1 or 2 other teams stepping up also, like Miami did last year. This year it does not seem like you have that although Clemson & FSU are not bad. If it wasn't for Cuse/Pitt joining the league this year, the ACC could of been in real trouble in the amount of bids they receive.

It is a down year for the ACC for sure. This is the worst I could remember Duke/Carolina being as a combination & the other thing is in years past you usually had 1 or 2 other teams stepping up also, like Miami did last year. This year it does not seem like you have that although Clemson & FSU are not bad. If it wasn't for Cuse/Pitt joining the league this year, the ACC could of been in real trouble in the amount of bids they receive.

The new Big East is overall a better bball conference this year. Taking out Marquette, Butler, and St. John's--who have started off relatively poorly but could all get a lot better-- you have likely tourney teams in Nova, Creighton, Georgetown, and Xavier.

Nice to see how that conference re-invented itself and is poised to do well.

Its really just the big Carolina teams being down. FSU & Virginia I don't think are any worse than the 3rd/4th teams in a typical year. Miami last year was a big outlier - '02 Maryland was the last time they had a non tobacco team that good (maybe Wake one of those Chris Paul years)..

I don't know what happened to NC St - they were the consensus preseason favorite last yr with supposedly all this talent.

Its really just the big Carolina teams being down. FSU & Virginia I don't think are any worse than the 3rd/4th teams in a typical year. Miami last year was a big outlier - '02 Maryland was the last time they had a non tobacco team that good (maybe Wake one of those Chris Paul years)..

I don't know what happened to NC St - they were the consensus preseason favorite last yr with supposedly all this talent.

NC State lost a lot of talent from last years team, who actually underperformed. This year, with less talent, the pieces have not come together. Your right about FSU/Virginia, both those teams are lined up to get bids. Duke will get a bid but I think Carolina is on the bubble come selection Sunday. Although, no bubble team is going to be able to match wins against Kentucky, Louisville & @ Mich St. They better be carefull with the bad losses. They already have too many.

NC State lost a lot of talent from last years team, who actually underperformed. This year, with less talent, the pieces have not come together. Your right about FSU/Virginia, both those teams are lined up to get bids. Duke will get a bid but I think Carolina is on the bubble come selection Sunday. Although, no bubble team is going to be able to match wins against Kentucky, Louisville & @ Mich St. They better be carefull with the bad losses. They already have too many.

Remember when Syracuse was on the bubble every year? Boy, I am glad those days are over (knock on wood). We are on the bubble now only for a No. 1 seed.

Pitt Panthers, Jamie Dixon...this game has me concerned. Dixon always seems to have JB figured out. Go CUSE!

Honestly, I think we are the underdog here. Pitt could very easily just put a beat down on us. I am expecting a bruising game, and syracuse's only chance is to punch these guys in the mouth. We did that last year in the BET-- probably the only time we have in the past 15 years out-physicaled those guys.

Honestly, I think we are the underdog here. Pitt could very easily just put a beat down on us. I am expecting a bruising game, and syracuse's only chance is to punch these guys in the mouth. We did that last year in the BET-- probably the only time we have in the past 15 years out-physicaled those guys.

I don't know if I would go so far as to say we're underdogs. I think Syracuse is clearly the more talented team here. The key for Syracuse is shooting. Syracuse and Pitt are actually pretty similar teams. Both play good defense, both are good on the glass, and both are very good passing teams. One of the keys to this game is getting Zanna in foul trouble. Feed the low post, and drive to the hoop in his direction early and often. Hopefully, Jerami Grant will be utilized early and often. Christmas needs to get involved offensively too. Hopefully Ennis gets him the rock down low when he is open.

jamie dixon is like jay wright...both know how to coach very well against syracuse. really hope dajuan can play today, he provides minutes and a big body inside that disrupts things, plus it helps keep Rak and Baye out of foul trouble. Would really like to see Ennis & CJ become more aggressive on offense.

I don't know if I would go so far as to say we're underdogs. I think Syracuse is clearly the more talented team here. The key for Syracuse is shooting. Syracuse and Pitt are actually pretty similar teams. Both play good defense, both are good on the glass, and both are very good passing teams. One of the keys to this game is getting Zanna in foul trouble. Feed the low post, and drive to the hoop in his direction early and often. Hopefully, Jerami Grant will be utilized early and often. Christmas needs to get involved offensively too. Hopefully Ennis gets him the rock down low when he is open.

jamie dixon is like jay wright...both know how to coach very well against syracuse. really hope dajuan can play today, he provides minutes and a big body inside that disrupts things, plus it helps keep Rak and Baye out of foul trouble. Would really like to see Ennis & CJ become more aggressive on offense.

I hope I'm wrong here because I really have high hopes for DC2, but I think he is in JB's dog house right now. He was healthy enough to play garbage time versus VT, but not healthy enough to assume his starting role? His injury is bruising...not a sprain or something more severe.

I think it's Rak, Grant, Fair, Cooney and Ennis from now on.

not a glamorous first half, but it looks like Pitt was struggling big time...missing easy shots, coupled with damned good defense it's been a battle. 'Cuse has had some opportunities(CJ missing 2 T free throws????) but it's a typical big east acc game