SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

That's what shocked me too. I think he really put in some work on his jumper-- good for him. It's about time a Syracuse player didn't bust out of the NBA. (Wonder where Fab Melo is these days....)

The Fabulous One was released by the Mavs in their final cutdown earlier this week. I do have a feeling that he'll have a non-descript NBA career, though. On another note, I'm really happy for Southerland and Onuaku, both of whom made NBA final rosters.

I know most of you aren't local but I got season tickets this year. Let me know of there are games your interested in and I may be willing to part with them. Duke unc and Indiana aren't available though.

I also bought seasons. Since I live in Buffalo, other than the IU game, I doubt that I'll be hitting many of the weekday games, so if anyone is interested, let me know. I will beat Section 122's prices by at least $1.00. :nana:

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20/4 assists in the second half...they were down by 17 or 19 midway thru 3.

Going to see them Friday against Cleveland.

Wow. 26/10....

So the Sixers have now basically beaten the two best teams in the east. Looks like MCWs game was made for the NBA.

Edited by The Poojer

A friend of mine called the exact minute single game tickets went on sale. By the time got through, the only seats remaining (for Duke) were in the upper deck....way past where the blue curtain used to hang. He decided to watch the game at home. I believe some records will be set.

Any chance you want to part with Pitt tickets...Saturday, 1/28/14? If so, PM me.

I read they are going to lift the curtain for the Duke game.

Syracuse receives first verbal commit for the clas of 2015. Highly recruited four star forward from New Hampshire, Tyler Lydon. Although he is still growing into his body (185 pounds), he looks like a solid prospect who will only get better and better. Very athletic and good outside shooter. Check out the between-the-legs dunk!!

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/10/syracuse_gets_commitment_from_1.html

Boeheim decided to get cute and press for much of the 1st half. Cornell figured this out quickly and hit a bunch of wide open 3's. Shot 43% from behind the arc in the 1st. Syracuse settled back into the zone in the 2nd, and played pretty good defense. Held Cornell to 19% 3 point shooting in the 2nd. Baye and Rak were a force in the middle, Ennis played well as a floor general IMO, Fair played well offensively but turned the ball over a bunch, and Cooney obviously was impressive. This team really missed Grant's presence, especially on the defensive side.

Edit: Ennis distributed the ball well, but that is easy when you have a 2 that is shooting the lights out. From what I saw he rebounded well, but did next to nothing to create offense, and was terrible on defense. He has some work to do on the defensive end, but I have no doubt that he will be coached up well. He looked tentative out there on offense. Hopefully just jitters.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Boeheim decided to get cute and press for much of the 1st half. Cornell figured this out quickly and hit a bunch of wide open 3's. Shot 43% from behind the arc in the 1st. Syracuse settled back into the zone in the 2nd, and played pretty good defense. Held Cornell to 19% 3 point shooting in the 2nd. Baye and Rak were a force in the middle, Ennis played well as a floor general IMO, Fair played well offensively but turned the ball over a bunch, and Cooney obviously was impressive. This team really missed Grant's presence, especially on the defensive side.

Edit: Ennis distributed the ball well, but that is easy when you have a 2 that is shooting the lights out. From what I saw he rebounded well, but did next to nothing to create offense, and was terrible on defense. He has some work to do on the defensive end, but I have no doubt that he will be coached up well. He looked tentative out there on offense. Hopefully just jitters.

I'm actually going to disagree with this but I was there so my thoughts may be skewed.

Cuse came out lazy. Cornell didn't. Cj hit a basket quick and the team seemed to wait for someone to step up. Luckily coney and fair did. They were down early bc cornell was making shots and out hustling them. Cuse was also cold. The press was what brought them back in it at the end of the first half and then they dominated the second half from tip.

Coney was very impressive last night. Kid was on fire and dunked it with 2 hands on a breakaway! Su is very tall and long if he can space the floor they will do well this year.

Coleman tried to assert himself which was nice to see but Christmas plays a very non chalant style. You could say calm cool and collected or you could say indifferent and lazy. I couldn't argue either way because I'm not sure.

Ennis didn't look out of place on the floor but had some jitters. I think he's going to be alright though.

One thing that stood out to me was that this team is slow. They aren't going to fast breaking much this year IMO. The other thing that stood out was Boeheim. He's a teller and screamer but not tonight. He was very cool throughout and doing a lot of teaching throughout the game. His demeanor was much nicer. It will be interesting to see if that sticks throughout the year or if it is just last night as he knew they were the superior team.

Nice game last night...CJ was really the only dominant player, but everyone else played great! Boeheim played 12 players in the first half giving everyone some valuable PT. Dajuan Coleman was a beast. He has lost weight, he looks a lot more agile out on the floor. Ennis really looked good out there, granted they let Fordham back in late in the game, but they were pretty much cruising and I think Boeheim took note and kept his starters on the floor to send a message that no matter who they play, they need to play a full 40 minutes. This team is going to be exciting to watch. Incredible depth and early on it looks like Boeheim is willing to use the depth.

How did Gbinge look?

He is looking ok so far. One of the first off the bench, 2-2 from 3 and 3-4 from 2 pt. He is the only college player I personally know because my boys played bball with him in HS and I have sat next to his parents at some of their games. He and McAdoo going against each other may be the best HS game I ever saw. He is a good kid and things did not work out for him at Duke but I hope it does at SU.

Nice game last night...CJ was really the only dominant player, but everyone else played great! Boeheim played 12 players in the first half giving everyone some valuable PT. Dajuan Coleman was a beast. He has lost weight, he looks a lot more agile out on the floor. Ennis really looked good out there, granted they let Fordham back in late in the game, but they were pretty much cruising and I think Boeheim took note and kept his starters on the floor to send a message that no matter who they play, they need to play a full 40 minutes. This team is going to be exciting to watch. Incredible depth and early on it looks like Boeheim is willing to use the depth.

I was only able to see about the last 10 minutes of the second half, and Coleman really wasn't on the floor, except for maybe a minute. That's great that he's looking better.

From the part I saw, I thought the defense looked kind of ragged. But I think it's always ragged early in the year with a lot of new players.

It also looks like Cooney is going to just be hot and cold all year.

everytime cooney touched the ball, 2-3 defenders raced out to him...he rarely had any really good shots, he did have a very nice driving lay-up in the first half. his scoring 3 point prowess wasn't needed last night. CJ was hitting almost everything from mid range. I am not gonna worry about Cooney, he'll be just fine with the amount of talent on this team

I was only able to see about the last 10 minutes of the second half, and Coleman really wasn't on the floor, except for maybe a minute. That's great that he's looking better.

From the part I saw, I thought the defense looked kind of ragged. But I think it's always ragged early in the year with a lot of new players.

It also looks like Cooney is going to just be hot and cold all year.

i did. CJ was the man tonight. Ennis hit a few 3's. Colgate stayed in due to a lot of 3's. SU free throws were pretty bad. Uneventful game...thankfully The basketball team scored more than florida state.

Anyone catch the colgate game? Once again, I was unable to watch it. I might try to catch it on replay on watch espn.

i did. CJ was the man tonight. Ennis hit a few 3's. Colgate stayed in due to a lot of 3's. SU free throws were pretty bad. Uneventful game...thankfully The basketball team scored more than florida state.

Thanks for recap. My sense is that this team is going to rise and fall on CJ being able to carry them on offense.

I'll tell you for as many Cuse fans are, season tickets are impossible to unload for these early games. There are so many of them at home right off the bat against crappy competition. I can't even sell my seats for below face value!

Not a surprise. I looked at the schedule today, and there are a couple of schools I have never heard of. Like "High Point". Is that even a school?

wow...that was ugly...cuse go on a 10-0 run to win by 6...cj doesn't score in over 30 minutes until 2 ft's with 15 seconds...dajuan had 10 of the first 18 points. st francis was very scrappy and wouldn't go away...an ugly win, but a win nonetheless

and piss poor free throw shooting again....15- 24 or something to that effect

Edited by The Poojer