Glad we took EJ and not Smith look at this report

:wallbash:

EJ has had bad days too. Let's not be taking victory laps just yet.

No, no victory laps. But Marrone hasn't had to resort to benching EJ for a preseason game yet, either.

http://www.cbssports...-preseason-game

The next time the tape's rolling might not even include Geno -- Ryan said it "could be a possibility" that Smith sits for Saturday's preseason game against the Jaguars with Mark Sanchez getting the nod at starter.

Nor has anyone described any of EJ's practices as "brutal."

Edited by l< j

I think this:

1. Rex knows he is going to start Geno

2. Rex is lowering expectations wrt to Geno.

3. This way, if Rex is right, and Geno stinks, then it isn't his fault. The Bills screwed them out of Austin, and took EJ ahead of them. They planned to take EJ in the 2nd. And, if he is wrong, the lowered expectations mean: Geno is the hero, for overcoming the adversity, and Rex is the "great coach" for coaching him up and motivating him to do better.

The very last thing Ryan wants is the story to be: Geno is a mediocre QB on a bad football team, EDIT: or, this is just an injured QB trying to play his way back, whatever he does going forward is due to his ability, and Ryan's coaching was never going to help him.

Consider: if Cleveland is the "factory of sadness" of the NFL, then, the Jets are the "factory of melodrama".

Melodrama. As in: how does a crappy, 6-10 team with every indication of being worse this season, get all this attention?

Ryan has been drawing attention to himself and his team since day 1. He has gotten great at manipulating the media. Now, that his ass is on the line, why wouldn't he immediately turn to that tactic, and create a no lose situation for himself?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I think Sexy Rexy is trying to light a fire under Geno. He desperately wants him to outplay Sanchez and take the job but so far he hasn't done enough. I think they will end up starting Sanchez and as soon as he throws his first pick the boo birds are going to go nuts and they will be forced to turn to Geno

OMG Yes. It is still early, but once he calmed down last week, he looked sharp. It's a process, but very happy with his maturity and approach to the game. He acts like he's been there.

Geno will be there next Rob Johnson like us many years ago, or is it JP Loseman, or Todd Collins, Trent Edwards, and so on. Two bad QB choices in a row should keep them behind for years.

I can't stand the Jets and 100% agree with EJ over Geno. I really don't see anything about Geno that I like. But there is a reason this kid fell to the 2nd round and had bad pre-draft reports. And, I am sure many first year QBs have had brutal training camp practices, preseason games and regular season games, and turn out fine. I know this is coming for EJ as well and it will be tough for us because we want him to succeed so bad and he is so likeable. But, it is coming. Just remember that Peyton Manning threw like 5 INTs in a Monday night game last season - very brutal.

Perhaps the Bills did their homework...

But they took Kolb and this board thinks he was wrong !! LOL !

Seriously though, I agree with OP. Very glad we didnt take Geno. Never liked his demeanor when the bullets flew hard in College.

Edited by jaybee

I won't pretend not to have a little smirk come to my face when reading about the Jets struggling, but I am glad we picked EJ because of what I have seen and heard from him, irrespective of what happens to Geno.

It's "irregardless", you dolt.

(Okay, before the torches and pitchforks appear at the front door...I'm kidding,)

It's "irregardless", you dolt.

(Okay, before the torches and pitchforks appear at the front door...I'm kidding,)

Irregardless contains a double negative - ”ir” and “less” – which renders its meaning hard to understand.

Regardless (an adjective) means “without consideration.” For example: Regardless of the cost, we are going to the stadium to watch the Bills slay the Patriots on opening day.

Word nerd out.....