T McGee

beerme1

So, how highly do you think he was rated by most Bills fans? I never heard much stronger than "very good" or "best on the team", which I think were both true when he was healthy.

I wouldn't know about most, but many times I heard "very good" (as you say) and "pro bowl caliber" mentioned in reference to McGee, which I didn't (and still don't) agree with. As I said, average corner, unbelievable kick returner, great person (like I said, I loved the guy and had his jersey). As for best on the team, not while Clements was here, and not after Greer hit his stride in 2007, so I suppose I'd agree that in early 2007 that was the case.

Again, I'm not bashing the guy or trying to argue his merits, I simply feel that many Bills' fans overestimated or overstated his ability at CB. Saying he wasn't as good as Clements in his Pro Bowl years or Greer once he came into his own isn't dissing the guy; those 2 were excellent CBs (Greer still is; Clements fell off considerably after getting his big deal).

It's entirely possible that you disagree, which is fine...we all value players differently I'm sure.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"one of the all time great Bills players" is your opinion.

I personally think he was extremely overrated for his entire career (except a few seasons as a kick returner).

But that's besides the point. The point of your thread is that he's ridiculously old and battered and probably wouldn't make it past 2 hours of practice without getting a career injury.

Rags.... "You make it sound like.." Terrance McGee "..stole your wife, ran over your dog, and adopted your first born. "

=)

His legs were shot. That said I might still prefer to see him out there more than Justin Rogers.

Seems like he looked better at coverage than Mckballskills for the past 5 or whatever years and I would have preferred any DB, a few linebackers and maybe a DE in coverage over A Williams at corner last year.

I am not saying bring him back, but after Gilmore, there is a mighty drop off that needs to be addressed.

He was a really good Bills CB---injuries took him just like what happened with Nate Odemes. Of course because the Bills havent been doing all that well he didnt get as much fame and respect as teams CBs who regularly made the playoffs.

I wouldn't know about most, but many times I heard "very good" (as you say) and "pro bowl caliber" mentioned in reference to McGee, which I didn't (and still don't) agree with. As I said, average corner, unbelievable kick returner, great person (like I said, I loved the guy and had his jersey). As for best on the team, not while Clements was here, and not after Greer hit his stride in 2007, so I suppose I'd agree that in early 2007 that was the case.

Again, I'm not bashing the guy or trying to argue his merits, I simply feel that many Bills' fans overestimated or overstated his ability at CB. Saying he wasn't as good as Clements in his Pro Bowl years or Greer once he came into his own isn't dissing the guy; those 2 were excellent CBs (Greer still is; Clements fell off considerably after getting his big deal).

It's entirely possible that you disagree, which is fine...we all value players differently I'm sure.

Top 50 All-Time Bills, No. 49: CB/KR Terrence McGee

"Very good" and "pro-bowl caliber" were the comments that made you think he was dramatically over-rated by most Bills fans?

From the link:

Career Stats

357 solo tackles (No. 9 in franchise history - tackles weren't an official stat until 2001)

16 Interceptions (No. 16)

86 passes defended (No. 2)

106 fumble return yards (No. 1)

206 kick returns (No. 1)

5,420 kick return yards (No. 1)

5 kick return TD (No. 1)

7 total return TD: 5 kickoff, 1 INT, 1 fumble (tied for most in franchise history)

I know we're debating his CB play and the last 5 are for returns, but still, I thought I'd leave those in, since he deserves recognition.

jeepers, please read before ripping into my credibility. how easy is that to do in kneejerkville these days (and no, i'm not calling you a jerk, just simply over-reactionary). seems like anyone disagreeing with me these days goes off and questions my credibility. god, it's a discussion. i provided an opinion. and i didn't write simply "better." i wrote: "he's no better or worse."

sonofa-something. it's nearly impossible to have a discussion these days with some Bills fans who are so far dug in, that they can't see the horizon of perspective,

can't we just tap the brakes just a little.

jw

easy there John. Your getting defensive there. Is it really that crazy of a thing to say that a 30+ year old CB with multiple injury riddled seasons is far worse than any 23-25 year old CB that is lightning fast and healthy?

Just think about it for a minute. I know you were making light of the situation. And I know I have a tendency to go off the handle here. I get worked up most when I argue about overrated players. Not saying you overrated him. He just gets a ton of love on this board. Considering he hasn't done anything in this league in about 5 years, I don't think I'm out of my mind here.

As far as anyone else calling me crazy for thinking he wasn't good. Fine. You provide stats of his returns for 4 years. That's fantastic. If we're talking about returns and how "great" McGee was, then I guess Devin Heater is a 1st ballot HOFer considering his returns were out of this world for 4 years or more.

I'm arguing about his ability to play his actual position. He was average at CB. That's all. He was pretty good in many eyes because we had nobody else. If he was a CB on this team, in his prime right now he'd be our 2nd CB behind Gilmore.

In 10 seasons, McGee has 17 interceptions (1 for a TD), and 440 tackles, 3 Forced Fumbles, and 4 Fumble Recoveries.

That's really not that good. I did some searching and found that interceptions were better than Winfield despite the fact that Wilnfield has played 14 seasons. However Winfield has many more Tackles. Almost double in fact.

Personally I'd rather have Winfield in a heartbeat over McGee.

Sorry to make it sound personal JW. Didnt mean to offend. I do respect and appreciate your presence here on this board.

very well said.

Rags.... "You make it sound like.." Terrance McGee "..stole your wife, ran over your dog, and adopted your first born. "

=)

His legs were shot. That said I might still prefer to see him out there more than Justin Rogers.

Seems like he looked better at coverage than Mckballskills for the past 5 or whatever years and I would have preferred any DB, a few linebackers and maybe a DE in coverage over A Williams at corner last year.

I am not saying bring him back, but after Gilmore, there is a mighty drop off that needs to be addressed.

as stated in my post to JW. I get extrely worked up over fan favorites and overrated players. IMO he's one of the most overrated to don a Bills uniform. That's just my opinion. I'm perfectly fine with anyone and everyone disagreeing with me. Not only do I accept it, I understand that because he's a fan favorite I know it will happen. That's fine. I have my opinions and you all have yours.

Where ever McGee is, I hope he is doing well. That guy got everything he possibly could out of that body. He was fun to watch for a long time. It's too bad he got stuck playing that god awful cover-2 for so long playing 8 to 10 yards off. I felt that his press cover skills weren't used nearly enough. He simply played his heart out.

McGee a better cover man than Winfield?

I find that laughable.

Other than not getting many interceptions as a Bill, Winfield was a better cover man than McGee.

Cornerbacks don't go to the Pro Bowl (or get voted All Pro) because of their tackling ability.

Winfield excelled in coverage.

Top 50 All-Time Bills, No. 49: CB/KR Terrence McGee

"Very good" and "pro-bowl caliber" were the comments that made you think he was dramatically over-rated by most Bills fans?

From the link:

I know we're debating his CB play and the last 5 are for returns, but still, I thought I'd leave those in, since he deserves recognition.

Once again I point out that I didn't say "most", I said "many". And yes, those comments lead me to believe that the many folks I've heard make them are over-rating the player.

As I've said: average CB, phenomenal returner, great guy.

Nothing wrong with that.

McGee a better cover man than Winfield?

I find that laughable.

Other than not getting many interceptions as a Bill, Winfield was a better cover man than McGee.

Cornerbacks don't go to the Pro Bowl (or get voted All Pro) because of their tackling ability.

Winfield excelled in coverage.

Agree 100%

Generally speaking, I think much of the board would be happier if they could deal with accepting players simply as "good" instead of one of the greatest or worst ever being the only two options.

Mcgee was a good player. I think you slightly underrate him as a corner (average bills corner generally is better than average nfl corner the last decade or so in my opinion).... But nothing too crazy to argue over on him.

In his prime he was one of the great Bills. His returns were a thing of beauty. A Total team player.

I like Terrence Mcgee but one of the great Bills????? That's funny.

He was a middle of the pack NFL Starting CB in his prime and a Top 3 or 5 return man in the league. Doesn't make him A Bills great.

He's much closer to Leodis Mckelvin than say a Nate Clements and Nate Clements wasn't a Bills great.

And who ever said that McGee had better cover skills than Winfield ought to have their posting privileges taken away.

Edited by NoName

I'll repeat -- he had an AV of 15 in 2004, primarily because of his cb play. No bill has had an AV that high since. (See www.pro-football-reference.com.)

For some bizarre reason, people want to avoid these stats.

McGee was such a solid CB for us for quite a stretch, and yet a few people on here with no real evidence apparently think he stinks. I find it to be bizarre.

by the way, in terms of ball skills, he was probably right there with Clements. (Winfield, also by the way, had hands like stone when he was here. The guy had like 4 picks in all his years here).

McGee was such a solid CB for us for quite a stretch, and yet a few people on here with no real evidence apparently think he stinks. I find it to be bizarre.

by the way, in terms of ball skills, he was probably right there with Clements. (Winfield, also by the way, had hands like stone when he was here. The guy had like 4 picks in all his years here).

o don't think anyone is saying he "stinks" just simply stating that he's extremely overrated by Bills homers, especially on this site.

Honestly, it's no different than Parrish, Evans. Good players at their positions, but calling them "great" is a nothing short of a joke.

Just seems people really fall in love with the return guys much more than any other position.

as stated in my post to JW. I get extrely worked up over fan favorites and overrated players. IMO he's one of the most overrated to don a Bills uniform.

so are you talking about SJ or McGee here? im confused after you spent a week defending another extremely overrated bills player and then preach about opinions being opinions.

but calling them "great" is a nothing short of a joke.

ok so you are talking about SJ, got it.

^^^

No one was more overrated as a Bill than Lil Antoine, especially by the homers who were also vertically challenged.He was never elite in Buffalo, unlike McGee who had an exceptionally good couple years as documented above.

Rags something you are overlooking in the conversation is the guys commitment to the team. Did Clements have that? No. All about me. I sure as hell wish they Jabari too but keeping T was also the right thing to do by a player that had done the right thing by you. Maybe you can use Schobel as a comparison. You can question his high level of talent but never his commitment to the Buffalo Bills.I will always hold a player in higher regard that treated the organization with respect over someone who was just chasing the paycheck or never really wanted to be here. Hello Jarius?

I like Terrence Mcgee but one of the great Bills????? That's funny.

He was a middle of the pack NFL Starting CB in his prime and a Top 3 or 5 return man in the league. Doesn't make him A Bills great.

He's much closer to Leodis Mckelvin than say a Nate Clements and Nate Clements wasn't a Bills great.

And who ever said that McGee had better cover skills than Winfield ought to have their posting privileges taken away.

That's your opinion. I called him a Bills great because truthfully in the past 19 years there aren't very many. If I called him a NFL great that's a different tune. He's a Bills great and next to Moorman was one of the bright spots for years. He kept his mouth shut played the tampon 2 among other pathetic schemes and did his best. We had a good punter, and a good returner. And it pretty much ended there. Nice spin though. When you compare my comments to some on this board right now saying Tuel could be the next Tom Brady then I feel pretty safe.

Well, you have your opinion..

By your own account, you just named 4 seasons of high level NFL play. That's not your every day 'extremely overrated, nothing special' kind of rhetoric, in MY opinion.

yes in mr rags opinion, you only need three years of good play to be one of the greatest in bills history, see his posts on SJ having 3 years (consecutive mind you) of barely squeaking out 1000 yards. this is definitive proof in his mind of being a great bills starter. Mcgee had 4 years of top level play so Mr Rags thinks he is a great Bill....no matter what he says.

o don't think anyone is saying he "stinks" just simply stating that he's extremely overrated by Bills homers, especially on this site.

Honestly, it's no different than Parrish, Evans. Good players at their positions, but calling them "great" is a nothing short of a joke.

But the stats bear out that McGee was great, no?

Just seems people really fall in love with the return guys much more than any other position.

Simply stated, the fact that you think a 4th Round draft pick is "overrated" is asinine. He wasn't a top 10 pick, he was a freaking 4 Rounder. Sign me up for that kind of production from all of the Bills 4th Round picks. Get a grip, dude.

Simply stated, the fact that you think a 4th Round draft pick is "overrated" is asinine. He wasn't a top 10 pick, he was a freaking 4 Rounder. Sign me up for that kind of production from all of the Bills 4th Round picks. Get a grip, dude.

ugh.

I give up. Terrance McGee is the best freaking CB in Bills history. Hope everyone is happy. Now lets put him on the WOF, in the HOF and leave the team to him after Ralph's dead.

End of story.

A good read for McGee haters. Statistically he's atop the bills record books in multiple categories. Including passes defended...not a kr stat.

http://www.buffaloru...lls-no-49-cb-kr

Fair enough but for the first 4-5 years of his career he was the second best cornerback on the team meaning that other teams were throwing at him and away from Winfield and Clements.

Without knowing how many times McGee was targeted, passes defensed is not a compelling argument for me.

I have stated in this thread and numerous times over the years that I loved McGee.

I just disagree that he was a better cover corner than Winfield.

ugh.

I give up. Terrance McGee is the best freaking CB in Bills history. Hope everyone is happy. Now lets put him on the WOF, in the HOF and leave the team to him after Ralph's dead.

End of story.

Who said he was the greatest CB in Bills history??? Good God, your irrational hate of him is over the top. I don't think one person in this thread stated that he was the best. Again, he was a 4th Round pick. You have an ax to grind. End of story.

Who said he was the greatest CB in Bills history??? Good God, your irrational hate of him is over the top. I don't think one person in this thread stated that he was the best. Again, he was a 4th Round pick. You have an ax to grind. End of story.

draft selection has nothing to do with his fan love. Ive already conceded. He's the best CB ever. No more arguing about it. As a 30+ year old CB with serious injury concerns, I say we sign him and make sure he has the responsibility of guarding opposing teams WRs.

Fair enough but for the first 4-5 years of his career he was the second best cornerback on the team meaning that other teams were throwing at him and away from Winfield and Clements.

Without knowing how many times McGee was targeted, passes defensed is not a compelling argument for me.

I have stated in this thread and numerous times over the years that I loved McGee.

Yeah I don't really know how one proves such things. I always though the best part of Winfield's game was his run support. None the less I think we could probably all agree the bills right now have a question mark at #2 CB.

I'd add Gilmore might end up being the best cover corner the franchise has ever seen.

McGee conducted himself properly, as a player and as a Bill. Stand-up guy.

Even when one of our coaches Jerry Gray scammed and defrauded him and he had to sue Jerry, he was civil and correct about it.

We should be so lucky as to have a roster full of T McGees.

Nope.

All 3 spent one season together in Buff (03). Winfield had the most PDs that year (and fewest ints) of the 3 of them.

Over the next 3 seasons the total PD and ints for Clements and McGee were 52/14 and 46/9. "Shut down corner" Clements is now on his 3rd team.

You can't claim teams were "throwing away" from Clements and Winfield and then say passes defended is meaningless without knowing the target numbers.

If you want to believe Winfield was?/is? a better pass defender, you are free to do so--but simply saying so isn't a convincing argument to others.

Some of you guys are so obsessed with stats. Stats don't often give you the whole picture. Yes McGee was a good corner back. No doubt about that. But he would have never been anything close to a pro bowl at the corner back position. Never. He was a good player and very good returner.

Winfield was the best Bills corner I've seen in a Bills uniform in my over 20 years of being a fan. Clements a close second and I don't remember enough of Odoms play to say if he or Thomas Smith is 3rd but my instinct would say Odoms. Winfield was an all around corner. He did not get the picks but that dude was probably the best tackling CB I"ve seen. Especially for his size.

Terrence Mcgee as far as CB ability to me was much more on par with Jeff Burris.

McGee was never going to lock down a side of the field for you or anything like that. He was a good solid nfl corner back.

Get your heads out of the stats boys. It doesn't give you the whole picture. Use your eyes.

And I forgot to mention. McGee was a nickle corner for a good chunk of his career. Who were the two corners ahead of him??????? Exactly

Edited by NoName

Some of you guys are so obsessed with stats. Stats don't often give you the whole picture. Yes McGee was a good corner back. No doubt about that. But he would have never been anything close to a pro bowl at the corner back position. Never. He was a good player and very good returner.

Winfield was the best Bills corner I've seen in a Bills uniform in my over 20 years of being a fan. Clements a close second and I don't remember enough of Odoms play to say if he or Thomas Smith is 3rd but my instinct would say Odoms. Winfield was an all around corner. He did not get the picks but that dude was probably the best tackling CB I"ve seen. Especially for his size.

Terrence Mcgee as far as CB ability to me was much more on par with Jeff Burris.

McGee was never going to lock down a side of the field for you or anything like that. He was a good solid nfl corner back.

Get your heads out of the stats boys. It doesn't give you the whole picture. Use your eyes.

And I forgot to mention. McGee was a nickle corner for a good chunk of his career. Who were the two corners ahead of him??????? Exactly

Huh? Exactly who then?

And I've already conceded that Winfield is a great tackler, which is nice, but doens't equate to good coverage (of passes anyway).

Nope.

All 3 spent one season together in Buff (03). Winfield had the most PDs that year (and fewest ints) of the 3 of them.

Over the next 3 seasons the total PD and ints for Clements and McGee were 52/14 and 46/9. "Shut down corner" Clements is now on his 3rd team.

You can't claim teams were "throwing away" from Clements and Winfield and then say passes defended is meaningless without knowing the target numbers.

If you want to believe Winfield was?/is? a better pass defender, you are free to do so--but simply saying so isn't a convincing argument to others.

Winfield and Clements had more passes defensed than McGee when they were teammates?

Well certainly you disproved my point that a team's best cornerback will have fewer passes defensed because he's thrown at less. Maybe Winfield had more passes defensed because he's more often matched up against the other team's best receiver? Just a thought.

So if Winfield and Clements had more passes defensed than McGee, how does that fit into your upthread assertion that McGee was a better cover cornerback than Winfield or your snide insinuation that McGee is a better cover man than "third team" Clements?

Also you stray from the argument when mentioning that Clements is on his third team.

Is this fact more or less relevant than the fact that Terrence McGee is out of the league and hasn't had a decent season since 2008?

http://www.pro-footb.../M/McGeTe99.htm

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Huh? Exactly who then?

And I've already conceded that Winfield is a great tackler, which is nice, but doens't equate to good coverage (of passes anyway).

I guess we should define "coverage." Winfield could cover a lot of people, as in, stay with them. But his ball skills-- making a play on the ball-- were far inferior to McGee.

I guess we should define "coverage." Winfield could cover a lot of people, as in, stay with them. But his ball skills-- making a play on the ball-- were far inferior to McGee.

Exactly!

How would one characterize a cornerback that gets his hands on more balls but catches less of them?

Obviously he's a better cover man but has poorer hands.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

That's what I remember. There was always more space between Clements and his man that between Winfield and his. Clements was always higher risk/high reward for the INTs. I sometimes thought he was baiting QBs to throw to his guy. From my memory, McGee was as good at making a play on the ball as Clements, but would showboat less. Winfield would often choose to just bat down passes when I thought he had a chance to catch them (or drop an attempt to catch).

And, though I'm defending McGee in this thread (from people saying "very good" CB was drastically over-rating him), Winfield was a much better CB. I think Clements was also a better CB than McGee, but not by that much. That said, I'd rather a handful of "McGees" on my team.

Show me one person that said he stinks. I'll wait. And as for the "stats" you think people are avoiding, right from PFR's website:

AV - approximate value. This is our attempt to put a single number on each player-season since 1950 so that we can (very approximately) compare across years and across positions.

This isn't a stat, it's one website's opinion.

A good read for McGee haters. Statistically he's atop the bills record books in multiple categories. Including passes defended...not a kr stat.

http://www.buffaloru...lls-no-49-cb-kr

Once again, these posts about people "hating" McGee and thinking he "stinks" are beyond confusing. I've stated multiple times that I loved the guy (and had his jersey to boot). I just didn't think he was a very good player, but rather an average CB with incredible return skills. Again, right from the article you linked to:

His defensive play has always been steady, if unspectacular.

Steady, unspectacular. I agree.

I'll repeat -- he had an AV of 15 in 2004, primarily because of his cb play. No bill has had an AV that high since. (See www.pro-football-reference.com.)

See above for AV description from PFR...it's not a stat. It's also worth noting that McGee didn't have the highest AV on the team in 2004 according to that site, as Takeo Spikes had a 17. That said, PFR doesn't list AV for each player on a yearly basis, so to confirm your statement one would have to go through each season, one defensive player at a time, and look at their AV's...too time consuming for me...is that what you did?

^ Hitting the nail right between the eyes.

Edited by thebandit27

That's what I remember. There was always more space between Clements and his man that between Winfield and his. Clements was always higher risk/high reward for the INTs. I sometimes thought he was baiting QBs to throw to his guy. From my memory, McGee was as good at making a play on the ball as Clements, but would showboat less. Winfield would often choose to just bat down passes when I thought he had a chance to catch them (or drop an attempt to catch).

And, though I'm defending McGee in this thread (from people saying "very good" CB was drastically over-rating him), Winfield was a much better CB. I think Clements was also a better CB than McGee, but not by that much. That said, I'd rather a handful of "McGees" on my team.l

Agree totally on how Winfield played his man and Clements. Very good analysis. I thought McGee pressed his man a little more than Clements.

Heck, when Winfield and Clements left, McGee was without a doubt the best CB on our roster for a few years. But he is just not as good as those guys. Winfield went signed a big contract and made a pro bowl or two. Clements at one point was the highest paid corner or defesnive player in the league and he might have made a pro bowl as well. "Because of their CB Skills". Those guys were in pro bowls for CB play McGee would never have been considered for CB play. What did McGee's big contract look like compared to theirs? Also, as long as Winfield and Clements were in Bills uniform, McGee was NEVER a starter unless someone was injured. Heck Troy Vincent was brought in to start over McGee. From reading his post, JR seems to misinformed and doesn't seem to have an understanding of CB play.

Edited by NoName

Agree totally on how Winfield played his man and Clements. Very good analysis. I thought McGee pressed his man a little more than Clements.

Heck, when Winfield and Clements left, McGee was without a doubt the best CB on our roster for a few years. But he is just not as good as those guys. Winfield went signed a big contract and made a pro bowl or two. Clements at one point was the highest paid corner or defesnive player in the league and he might have made a pro bowl as well. "Because of their CB Skills". Those guys were in pro bowls for CB play McGee would never have been considered for CB play. What did McGee's big contract look like compared to theirs? Also, as long as Winfield and Clements were in Bills uniform, McGee was NEVER a starter unless someone was injured. Heck Troy Vincent was brought in to start over McGee. From reading his post, JR seems to misinformed and doesn't seem to have an understanding of CB play.

How am I misinformed? I said McGee was a very good corner. I also said that while Winfield was probably a better cover guy, McGee had better ball skills.

If I had to rank them--which is sort of on a tangent from the original claim that "McGee was overrated by us homers"-- this is how I would do it:

1) Coverage: (a) Winfield; (b) McGee; and then © Clements.

2) Ball Skills: (a) Clements; (b) McGee; and then © Winfield

3) Tackling: (a) Winfield; (b) McGee; and © Clements

But, again, the point of this debate,. or so I thought, was to determine whether McGee was overrated. He wasn't. Just about everyone considers--or should consider-- him to be a very solid CB, an all-time great kick returner, a draft steal, and an overall good guy.

How am I misinformed? I said McGee was a very good corner. I also said that while Winfield was probably a better cover guy, McGee had better ball skills.

If I had to rank them--which is sort of on a tangent from the original claim that "McGee was overrated by us homers"-- this is how I would do it:

But, again, the point of this debate,. or so I thought, was to determine whether McGee was overrated. He wasn't. Just about everyone considers--or should consider-- him to be a very solid CB, an all-time great kick returner, a draft steal, and an overall good guy.

See, this is why we have an issue; your statement seems to imply that it's appropriate to push your opinion on others. Nobody "should" think what you believe, otherwise nobody else would be allowed to have an opinion.

As for the original statement, what I said was that I felt his CB play was over-rated by many Bills' fans, but that his KR skills were incredible. You cannot determine, via debate, if a person's opinion is correct...thinking you can--as you seem to be implying above--is a fallacy.

I loved the guy, and I watched his entire Bills' career with excitement, so my opinion is as valid as anyone else's. Telling me, or anyone else, what we should think about the guy, is over-stepping.

For my part, one of the stretches that, to me, eptimoized his limitations as a CB was during the 2006 season, when he gave up TD receptions on double moves in 4 consecutive weeks, and went the entire season without an interception. Now, that sample size is entirely representative of his career, as he had notably good stretches in 2004 and early 2007, but my point remains the same.

I've done some digging, and it appears that McGee's AV of 15 is directly the result of KRs, not CB play, as Pro Football Reference lists it only under kick returns:

http://www.pro-footb.../M/McGeTe99.htm

Strangely, they don't list an AV for his defensive performance.

Edited by thebandit27

I concur on all of these points, including your rankings.

See, this is why we have an issue; your statement seems to imply that it's appropriate to push your opinion on others. Nobody "should" think what you believe, otherwise nobody else would be allowed to have an opinion.

As for the original statement, what I said was that I felt his CB play was over-rated by many Bills' fans, but that his KR skills were incredible. You cannot determine, via debate, if a person's opinion is correct...thinking you can--as you seem to be implying above--is a fallacy.<snip>

What do you think of JR in Pittsburgh's content in his previous post, including his rankings? (Arguing about how to argue on the board isn't really fun for anyone. Take the high road and turn the convo back to the content.)