If (as advertised) it's a fair fight, then Tuel is winning.

alias

It may not be just trolling, some people really truly believe as of 8/13 @ 12:30PM that Tuel is the lead horse.... or that he won't win the spot because the competition wasn't "fair".... at least 2 screen names will somehat indicate that very notion... lol

No it's got to be trolling.

Nobody really thinks that the Bills, barring catastrophic injury between now and then, are NOT going to be starting the first QB taken in the 2013 NFL draft on opening day.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Chroise has returned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can not be serious. no way now how. you should seek help

LOL..I was just going to post the same thing. I think its about time we anointed a new Chroise. Though I don't see Tuel as dapper as Chroise the first.

The coaches have to assess each QB's entire body of work, not just how they play in one preseason game.

EJ obviously has the highest upside of the three QBs in camp, and therefore, will garner the most reps and opportunity to prove himself as the starter.

Kolb is a lot better than many people on this board give him credit for..........but he has to find a way to stay healthy so that he can get the reps that he needs to properly show what he can do.

I've seen Tuel play in college and now in the pros. He was a stud in college and broke a lot of D. Bledsoe's records at Wash. St. He is legit. it was surprising that he went undrafted.

But now you're putting him up against a guy like Manuel who has a lot of things going for him. I'm not ready to say that Tuel should be taking reps away from Manuel and Kolb just yet based upon his play vs 3rd and 4th stringers and a Colts defense that was vanilla by design and not generating much pressure. I am very happy though that we have him on our side and have time to develop him.

Manuel is the guy you should be rooting for because he can make all of the throws and he can be a serious running threat as well. He also appears to have the leadership and charismatic skills to not only lead the offense, but the entire team. In order to speed up his progress though he needs to take as many reps as possible.

I will root for all three QBs, but I think Manuel gives us the best chance to be an elite level team. Think Cam Newton, but much better leadership/charisma.

Good post. I'm glad that you got a chance to watch Tuel in college. To a much greater extent than in the NFL, college QBs' stats don't always indicate the quality of their play. If a QB's supporting cast dominates the defense, a QB can get great stats without necessarily playing at a great level. The reverse is also true.

If I was going to quibble about something in your post, it would be your use of the word "potential." A lot of people use the word "potential" as shorthand for physical potential. A guy like Losman had a ton of physical potential. A rocket for an arm, fast legs. Everything you could want. But he didn't have much potential as an NFL quarterback, due to his lack of accuracy or information processing capability.

Between Tuel and Manuel, which is more accurate? Which has greater information processing ability? I don't claim to have the answer to that. Without knowing that, I don't know which of those QBs has more potential.

At some point, I think people need to realize we're not coaches and talent scouts for a reason.

Speak for yourself. I say, cut EJ and Kolb right now and let Tuel fight it out with the other longshot saviours of training camps past, Levi Brown and Brian Brohm.

The coaches have to assess each QB's entire body of work, not just how they play in one preseason game.

EJ obviously has the highest upside of the three QBs in camp, and therefore, will garner the most reps and opportunity to prove himself as the starter.

Kolb is a lot better than many people on this board give him credit for..........but he has to find a way to stay healthy so that he can get the reps that he needs to properly show what he can do.

I've seen Tuel play in college and now in the pros. He was a stud in college and broke a lot of D. Bledsoe's records at Wash. St. He is legit. it was surprising that he went undrafted.

But now you're putting him up against a guy like Manuel who has a lot of things going for him. I'm not ready to say that Tuel should be taking reps away from Manuel and Kolb just yet based upon his play vs 3rd and 4th stringers and a Colts defense that was vanilla by design and not generating much pressure. I am very happy though that we have him on our side and have time to develop him.

Manuel is the guy you should be rooting for because he can make all of the throws and he can be a serious running threat as well. He also appears to have the leadership and charismatic skills to not only lead the offense, but the entire team. In order to speed up his progress though he needs to take as many reps as possible.

I will root for all three QBs, but I think Manuel gives us the best chance to be an elite level team. Think Cam Newton, but much better leadership/charisma.

Thanks. Its posts like this that will always keep me coming back here. My thoughts exactly but I dont have the skill to put it into words like you have done here. eusa_clap.gif

LOL..I was just going to post the same thing. I think its about time we anointed a new Chroise. Though I don't see Tuel as dapper as Chroise the first.

I mentioned the Chroise in the other thread Tuel was a steal..... since he went undrafted..... how is that a steal? a find sure ..... not a steal

its pretty much the same thing, what has EJ not shown Bills fans they they want the other guy? I could see an argument with Kolb if he was # 1 but Tuel was playing against guys that will be unemployed in 4 weeks.

It's threads like this (and I only read the first four posts) is why I pretty much avoid this place like the plague. Lots of nimrods around here.

no, you entered the stadium wall and not the PPP where the lunatics rule the assylum

I mentioned the Chroise in the other thread Tuel was a steal..... since he went undrafted..... how is that a steal? a find sure ..... not a steal

its pretty much the same thing, what has EJ not shown Bills fans they they want the other guy? I could see an argument with Kolb if he was # 1 but Tuel was playing against guys that will be unemployed in 4 weeks.

no, you entered the stadium wall and not the PPP where the lunatics rule the assylum

Yes, but at PPP we're intelligent lunatics, not complete and utter dumb!@#$ lunatics that think Lyndon Larouche is a viable candidate, which is roughly what this idiotic topic equates to.

Looking at this in a different light, calling for Tuel over EJ could be a subconscious acknowlegment by that contingent of fans who always wants the backup to play that Manuel is, or should be, the undisputed starter (at least in their mind... you know, as they're calling for the backup to play... did I just walk in a circle?).

Pre-game#1- EJ (1st half), Tuel (2nd half), Kolb (out).

Pre-game#2- Kolb (1st half), EJ (3rd qtr), Tuel (4th qtr).

Pre-game#3- EJ(1st half), Kolb(2nd half), Tuel(out).

Pre-game#4- EJ (1st qtr), Kolb (2nd qtr), Tuel(2nd half).

Reg-game#1- EJ

I smell fear amongst the EJ apologists. Wouldn't it benefit EJ (and, more importantly, the Buffalo Bills) if the starting QB emerged from a fair fight?

I'm not for or against either EJ or Kolb or Tuel. I'm for identifying the best QB of the Buffalo Bills.

Doubts are lingering, and they won't be dispelled without a truly fair competition.

Looking at this in a different light, calling for Tuel over EJ could be a subconscious acknowlegment by that contingent of fans who always wants the backup to play that Manuel is, or should be, the undisputed starter (at least in their mind... you know, as they're calling for the backup to play... did I just walk in a circle?).

Can you tell me what language this is so I can pop it in my google translator?

Yes, but at PPP we're intelligent lunatics, not complete and utter dumb!@#$ lunatics that think Lyndon Larouche is a viable candidate, which is roughly what this idiotic topic equates to.

We all know of the good old boy club over there

I'm not saying that there are no lunatics here .... I'm saying that they don't RUN the assylum.

Coach Marrone was emphatic about letting the results determine who starts. Right now, if we knew nothing about draft position, veteran experience, and all that blah-blah, then Tuel is ahead in this fight.

If the argument against Tuel is, "But he's playing against third stringers," then let him start against the first stringers and let us see what we shall see...

"Fair" should be fair.

Please...give me a break. There is NO comparison whatsoever between EJ and Tuel. It is not even a fair fight. Yes Tuel had a nice 2nd half. kudos to him. Regardless of what Coach said this is a one man fight period. EJ simply has to go out and execute the offense proficiently and that's all their asking him to do right now. Neither Kolb or Tuel has a snowballs chance in hell of winning the job. EJ has everything that Buffalo has been looking for in a QB for the past 20 years. Size, strength, arm talent, escapeability, and most important the ability to be the FACE of the franchise. Choosing either of the other two should do nothing but get someone fired.

This is hilarious. A lot of fans wanted to get right of Fitz. In his first game as a rookie in the REGULAR season, Fitz came off the bench to throw for 310 yards & 3 tds. http://www.nfl.com/p...s?season=2005

Now folks want our starter to be an undrafted guy who has no real track record of success because he played good in a half of a preseason game against guys who probably won't be in the NFL?

I liked what I say out of Tuel but man, so of you overreact to everything. It's Manuel's job.

Im not saying tuel should get a shot at the starter.....

Because he went undrfted is irrelevent in who is the starter.

In terms of track record on Tuel---Im much more familiar than many on this board by my living in the same state as Washington State Univ where he started. Had he gone to a bigger school in football he likely would have gotten more exposure and thus he likely wouldnt have fallen out of somehting like the 3rd-5th round.

Many draft experts preseason last year had him as a 3rd-5th round pick. His draft stock fell in part because his skill set doesnt quite fit in with Mike Leach and he had is top WR kicked off the team mid season.

Edited by djp14150

I smell fear amongst the EJ apologists. Wouldn't it benefit EJ (and, more importantly, the Buffalo Bills) if the starting QB emerged from a fair fight?

I'm not for or against either EJ or Kolb or Tuel. I'm for identifying the best QB of the Buffalo Bills.

Doubts are lingering, and they won't be dispelled without a truly fair competition.

Cool story, bro.