Does anybody else think that Kolb could be a surprise cut

bufffan031

Average? :lol:

He is not even average by Bills standards for the last 13 years. I mean, Fitz was maybe the 25th-27th best QB in the NFL last year and he is miles ahead of Kolb. Kolb has no merits.......he's done nothing. The guy hasn't even registered 10 TD passes in a season in his career and he has merits?

Foolish preseason fans think that having a veteran backup is some sort of guarantee that the QB will keep the team in games. Kolb is guaranteed alright, a guaranteed POS. :thumbsup:

:lol: Exactly.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Average? :lol:

He is not even average by Bills standards for the last 13 years. I mean, Fitz was maybe the 25th-27th best QB in the NFL last year and he is miles ahead of Kolb. Kolb has no merits.......he's done nothing. The guy hasn't even registered 10 TD passes in a season in his career and he has merits?

Foolish preseason fans think that having a veteran backup is some sort of guarantee that the QB will keep the team in games. Kolb is guaranteed alright, a guaranteed POS. :thumbsup:

Like it or not hes who the bills signed to do the job. Unless there is some surprise cut on another team Kolb is the lone vet th Bills have at the QB position this year. And despite what some fans wan to believe Kolb is, right now, the best healthy QB on the roster. Unless Manuel comes back lickity split Kolb will be in the starting lineup opening day. Tuel simply isnt ready. Im not a fan of Kolb either and think Fitz is a much better QB but we have what we have and at this point its just cross your fingers and hope EJ comes back quickly or that Kolb has one of his no-so-bad games on opening day and the D plays light out.

Like it or not hes who the bills signed to do the job. Unless there is some surprise cut on another team Kolb is the lone vet th Bills have at the QB position this year. And despite what some fans wan to believe Kolb is, right now, the best healthy QB on the roster. Unless Manuel comes back lickity split Kolb will be in the starting lineup opening day. Tuel simply isnt ready. Im not a fan of Kolb either and think Fitz is a much better QB but we have what we have and at this point its just cross your fingers and hope EJ comes back quickly or that Kolb has one of his no-so-bad games on opening day and the D plays light out.

This question came up on the John Murphy show a while back and Murphy hasn't been wow'd as much as some of the fans have been by Tuel. He doesn't understand where all the hype is coming from and said he looks like an average QB, but not better than Kolb at this point and time. I am paraphrasing what Murphy stated, but that's the bottom line. Would Tuel be picked off the practice squad? I'd like to see him develop, but I don't believe he should be the lone backup to EJ.

yeah. go with the two kids . kolb is 3rd string, maybe, since he knows the offense, or actually who cares if he knows the offense

I'd say cut Kolb right away. With previous concussion history he needs to hang up the cleets.

I don't think cutting Kolb at this point would shock anyone. He will exit the preseason having shown absolutely nothing except that he is among the most injury-prone QB's in recent league history.

Seriously, what exactly does he bring to the team at this point, even as a backup?

They were so fast signing Leinart and Beck I am very suspicious they were looking for alternatives BEFORE Kolb got hurt today.

Why did we cut Vince young? He is now backup on the packers. Guess they figured out how to use him. Young mentoring ej would have been nice

Because he looked awful in camp and preseason games last year??

I don't think cutting Kolb at this point would shock anyone. He will exit the preseason having shown absolutely nothing except that he is among the most injury-prone QB's in recent league history.

Seriously, what exactly does he bring to the team at this point, even as a backup?

They were so fast signing Leinart and Beck I am very suspicious they were looking for alternatives BEFORE Kolb got hurt today.

Because he looked awful in camp and preseason games last year??

i also think they were already entertaining Kolbs replacement.

Look at it this way guys. It's almost a certainty that EJ starts the season now.

It seems you might not actually understand what's going on.

Neither are signed. Every team has a list of guys on standby and as a team that's consistently had atleast one guy out all preseason of course they've looked at qbs before today- every team in the league could move just as fast. That's what your pro personnel guys do as a job - have this list ready at all times