Does anybody else think that Kolb could be a surprise cut

bufffan031

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think the bills will cut Kolb, I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. Unless they pick up another veteran qb, I would count Kolb on the team. He may not be the starter but he will be there. No one in the league keeps two rookie qbs with no other option.

Kolb knows the offense. He's been studying it for over 4 months.

Marrone and Hackett have been complimentary of Kolb's performance so far.

We should cut Kolb and pickup a veteran who doesn't know the offense?

C'mon Bado.

Yep- no team goes into the year with two rookie QBs, including an UDFA.

There's a minuscule chance that Tuel gets cut in favor of a veteran like Troy Smith if, say, Kolb is out for a few weeks, but I don't see that happening.

If you think the bills will cut Kolb, I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. Unless they pick up another veteran qb, I would count Kolb on the team. He may not be the starter but he will be there. No one in the league keeps two rookie qbs with no other option.

Hey wait a minute there's no ocean in Arizona.

I agree with you. Kolb stays, because of what you pointed out and because there is no viable option available.

The Redskins went with RGIII and Kirk Cousins last year who were both rookies and Grossman was a 3rd stringer who they didn't even need so I think its entirely possible we can two rookies for the season

Except they didn't know they wouldn't need Grossman. Who was going to play QB if Cousins got hurt?

I 2nd the "no way in hell does he get cut" comment by SJBF. I also 2nd OldTimer1960 saying (paraphrase) "Lets see what these guys got in pre-season....most sensible thought in the thread.

Nearly half the players currently on this roster will be cut in the weeks ahead. 37 out of 90 players unfortunately will get cut.

You really think a veteran QB that pretty much knows the offense is gonna be on that list? It'd be up there in the top 10 silly moves of this franchise IMO.

NO WAY IN HELL does Colb get cut. Frankly theres a better chance of Kolb being our starting QB week one than getting cut.

Hey I'm routing for both of these guys in a large way. Could care less which one starts if he's playing well. It is entirely possible that EJ will look horrible when the bullets fly. I suspect and hope not. But what if he does? You really want Tuel to come in if EJ started and got hurt? I certainly dont and there arent any free agents available that are better than Kolb.

The whole subject is actually kind of silly.

The Redskins went with RGIII and Kirk Cousins last year who were both rookies and Grossman was a 3rd stringer who they didn't even need so I think its entirely possible we can two rookies for the season

Except they didn't know they wouldn't need Grossman. Who was going to play QB if Cousins got hurt?

Yep.

Regardless of the fact that he didn't play, the very existence of Grossman on the roster casts doubt on the idea that a coach would feel comfortable going into the season with only two rookie QBs.

I'm trying to recall if any team ever went into a season with just two rookie QBs.

Kolb has fell far behind over the last week and when he has been in practice he has not played well. Ej and Tuel have been doing very well in practice and Ej has pulled ahead of Kolb so far for the starting roll. With Ej starting this week and Tuel being the second qb out, they both have a chance to take the top two qb jobs and run with them if they play very well. If Kolb comes out with the third stringers and doesn't play well and is continually bad in practice, I think its a possibility he could be among the final cuts that doesn't make the roster. I don't think its to likely that we go into the season with two rookie qb's but I wouldn't rule it out either.

no!