EJ starts Sunday

Bangarang

Saw this as well via text. Agree with Sudzy and PTR. EJs job to lose at this point now. With a strong night he could really plant himself. Also, with a very good showing by Tuel, Kolb could find himself unemployed. I don't think it'll happen just yet, but if the play continues it might.

Saw this as well via text. Agree with Sudzy and PTR. EJs job to lose at this point now. With a strong night he could really plant himself. Also, with a very good showing by Tuel, Kolb could find himself unemployed. I don't think it'll happen just yet, but if the play continues it might.

We will see some good things out of EJ and some rookie stuff i bet.

I do not think he is as polished as Luck was last year, but he has just as high cieling.

As far as Kolb, i do not think you can go into the season with out a vet. To me he would be a great insurance policy if something happened to EJ.

We will see some good things out of EJ and some rookie stuff i bet.

I do not think he is as polished as Luck was last year, but he has just as high cieling.

As far as Kolb, i do not think you can go into the season with out a vet. To me he would be a great insurance policy if something happened to EJ.

i agree but if Kolb looks horrible throughout and Tuel continues to impress, I can see it being a realistic thought.

Didn't the Redskins go into last season with two rookies? Not saying it works all the time, but if the Bills feel they are better than Kolb, then maybe having a vet is overrated?

They still had Rex grossman. Personally I don't see any reason to release Kolb. Give EJ someone with experience in the room

Didn't the Redskins go into last season with two rookies? Not saying it works all the time, but if the Bills feel they are better than Kolb, then maybe having a vet is overrated?

To be fair, the Skins other rookie was a 3rd round pick. Not that I don't think Tuel has some potential, but Cousins was definitely more ready to step in should he be needed than Tuel is.

To be fair, the Skins other rookie was a 3rd round pick. Not that I don't think Tuel has some potential, but Cousins was definitely more ready to step in should he be needed than Tuel is.

Well, 4th round pick. But agreed, I don't see tuel as a legit backup, and I still think he will end up on the ps.

Haaaaaaaa....can't even wait til week 6 to drop this zany prediction?

Here's to you being dead wrong, for everyone's sake.

Zany? It's been 30 years since the Bills guessed right on a QB. I hope I'm dead wrong but EJ couldn't will FSU to a win over NCST so I'm supposed to think he's supposed be better in the NFL? I doubt it.

Buffalo Bills....rebuilding since 1997! :bag:

Zany? It's been 30 years since the Bills guessed right on a QB. I hope I'm dead wrong but EJ couldn't will FSU to a win over NCST so I'm supposed to think he's supposed be better in the NFL? I doubt it.

Buffalo Bills....rebuilding since 1997! :bag:

Now how can you argue with impeccable logic like that? :rolleyes:

Byron Leftwich>Kolb

toss Kolb, get in someone who has legit STARTING experience to be the backup. Kolb has always been a back-up.

The real question is this; is EJ Manuel exempt from the rookie hazing haircut? I certainly hope not

There's a lot of different stuff done to rookies. I'm sure he's been getting something.

I'm hoping this isn't the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if coaches instruct the team to limit the way they mess with rookie QBs in a QB competition. Less distractions.

Edited by DStebb716

Good point. Under this regime I do not think Rookie hazing is that big.

edit:

Not only because they are serious, but because everyone is new to each other. New players, rookies, new feel, new attitude, new GM/FO, new coach.

Edited by jboyst62

Good point. Under this regime I do not think Rookie hazing is that big.

edit:

Not only because they are serious, but because everyone is new to each other. New players, rookies, new feel, new attitude, new GM/FO, new coach.

Did you see what they did to kip Edwards tonight?

Or the haircuts that Aaron Williams is posting on Instagram?

I'm all for it and think its hilarious

Or you could've just watched him implode in the biggest game of his career. But I'm sure he'll fare better against NFL defenses.

The biggest game of his career? Quit it. It was week six in the college football season. Not even in his top ten most important games.

Edited by DStebb716

It's as simple as this EJ has his interview Sunday night. If he has a good enough showing and shows a grasp of the offense, this competition is done. It's almost as if Kolb is cursed with all the crap happening to him. Or it's Ej's destiny? We got a front row seat and I'm stoked about it.

LV

It's as simple as this EJ has his interview Sunday night. If he has a good enough showing and shows a grasp of the offense, this competition is done. It's almost as if Kolb is cursed with all the crap happening to him. Or it's Ej's destiny? We got a front row seat and I'm stoked about it.

LV

I think it was going to take Kevin Kolb looking like a whole new QB for him to win the job. The days of stopgap starters to get your young guns ready are DEAD.

This should be fun. Jacked to see what this kid can do in an NFL game.

I wouldn't be surprised though even if he does well if Kolb starts the next game. Often in the QB competitions they give each guy a start to see how they do with the 1st unit against the other team's first unit. It's what they did in Seattle last year between Flynn and Wilson. It's what we did 3 years ago when we had our Trent/Fitz/Brohm/Levi shootout.

I hope the speculation that Kolb will be cut and we ride with Tuel Time as our backup doesn't happen. Wait to see what he does in pre season. But I saw a lot of WSU games when he was there. He's really not very good and he is injury riddled. If EJ were to get hurt and we had to ride with Tuel, it could get ugly. We'd be picking up Brady Quinn off the street to start. We'd have to.

Well, 4th round pick. But agreed, I don't see tuel as a legit backup, and I still think he will end up on the ps.

Its tough to sneak qbs (Tuel) onto the practice squad. I dont think they'll gamble like that. There are too many qb needy teams. And too many teams in our division who'd love to pick the brain of a guy who was in every qb meeting under our new coach/staff.

Byron Leftwich>Kolb

toss Kolb, get in someone who has legit STARTING experience to be the backup. Kolb has always been a back-up.

Charlie B(izz)atch > Leftwich > Kolb. At least B(izz)atch makes plays. Leftwich just runs plays. Kolb just prays to god he doesnt get killed on most plays.

Edited by maddenboy