EJ starts Sunday

Bangarang

Its tough to sneak qbs (Tuel) onto the practice squad.

We didn't have any trouble sneaking Levi Brown on the practice squad a couple of times. And he was a 7th round pick AND had an illustrious college career. None of which describes Tuel Time. Just wait and see what he does in a game before giving him a roster spot. Maybe we should just sign Tyler Wilson or Pryor when one of them gets cut by the Raiders.

Didn't the Redskins go into last season with two rookies? Not saying it works all the time, but if the Bills feel they are better than Kolb, then maybe having a vet is overrated?

I agree, and Leftwich is out in the market. He can be the insurance policy and he can throw the ball.

Well, I guessed wrong. Of course, that was before Kolb had missed multiple practices and EJ was thrown to the wolves on defense.

Or you could've just watched him implode in the biggest game of his career. But I'm sure he'll fare better against NFL defenses.

Wow...I forgot how big a troll you can be.

Zany? It's been 30 years since the Bills guessed right on a QB. I hope I'm dead wrong but EJ couldn't will FSU to a win over NCST so I'm supposed to think he's supposed be better in the NFL? I doubt it.

Buffalo Bills....rebuilding since 1997! :bag:

No you don't.

To be fair, the Skins other rookie was a 3rd round pick. Not that I don't think Tuel has some potential, but Cousins was definitely more ready to step in should he be needed than Tuel is.

He was also a QB that was a long time Starter at MSU and played in a lot of big games in his college career. Probably as many as EJ did! Tuel on the other did not... If we snagged Barkley or Nassib in 3rd-4th, i think that would make Kolb expendable if he hasnt showed much. But to go in with 2 rookie QB, and having Tuel as our primary backup without a vet on the team, that would be we are 1 play away from Clowney sweepstakes! Unless we brought in another QB ASAP cuz this is complex offense and whomever we brought we NEED training camp starts cuz once reg season rolls around, even the back up QB gets limited reps.

EJ #1, Kolb #2 and Tuel P.S. rather have extra roster spot for an extra WR or DB

Ha. Just watched EJ's post practice interview from last night. Some reporter asks "Do you plan on picking Lucks brain or anything like that?"

What a dumb ass question. I don't want to start another media bashing trend but damn.

To EJ's credit he answered "Um no I will be concentrating on the game"

Ha. Just watched EJ's post practice interview from last night. Some reporter asks "Do you plan on picking Lucks brain or anything like that?"

What a dumb ass question. I don't want to start another media bashing trend but damn.

Is it me, or have their particularly stupid questions being asked this offseason?

"Do you know how Mario's foot is?"

"Did he have permission to leave?"

"Would you rather have Byrd be here, rather than not being here?"

"Have you learned anything new about Mario's foot since I last asked?"

"Have you hit F5 to update?"

"No, I don't have a legitimate journalist whose credentials I stole ground up and in the freezer, why do you ask?"

Yeesh. But I am excited to see how things shake out, especially with EJ against a defense that isn't our own. Have we simply been extremely rigorous and EJ is better for it, or does he still have a long way to go before facing the Patriot's defense?

Did the same reporter ask seven follow up questions pertaining to how ready he thought Luck's brain was to be picked, what did he expect to find upon picking Luck's brain and oh yeah, did he plan on picking Luck's brain? And then go get bitchy about it on Twitter?

Edited by jimmyo

Did the same reporter ask seven follow up questions pertaining to how ready he thought Luck's brain was to be picked, what did he expect to find upon picking Luck's brain and oh yeah, did he plan on picking Luck's brain? And then go get bitchy about it on Twitter?

So you dont plan on picking Lucks brain? Why do you think you are too good to pick Lucks brain? What is your beef against Luck that you refuse to get inside his head and start picking?

Zany? It's been 30 years since the Bills guessed right on a QB. I hope I'm dead wrong but EJ couldn't will FSU to a win over NCST so I'm supposed to think he's supposed be better in the NFL? I doubt it.

Buffalo Bills....rebuilding since 1997! :bag:

Did you by any chance call into the John Murphy show this past week? The one who was talking about the "garbage" they are talking about with EJ? Basically the caller espoused that the Bills were hyping up EJ and he was going to suck. The caller talked about how he watched EJ all year at FSU and did not believe he had what it takes. Sound eerily like you...

Edited by HamSandwhich

Did you by any chance call into the John Murphy show this past week? The one who was talking about the "garbage" they are talking about with EJ? Basically the caller espoused that the Bills were hyping up EJ and he was going to suck. The caller talked about how he watched EJ all year at FSU and did not believe he had what it takes. Sound eerily like you...

I heard that on murph it was pretty obvious he was an idiot.

I can't wait to see ej do something we haven't seen... Scramble. It will be awesome picking up some easy third and threes for a change.

I heard that on murph it was pretty obvious he was an idiot.

I can't wait to see ej do something we haven't seen... Scramble. It will be awesome picking up some easy third and threes for a change.

Lol, your avatar is a classic, makes me chuckle every time I see that picture!

Fitzy wasn't too bad at scrambling and getting some tough yards, but EJ certainly is on another level when it comes to scrambling. I just hope he's a passer that runs when in trouble, rather than the reverse, in the NFL.

Fitzy wasn't too bad at scrambling and getting some tough yards, but EJ certainly is on another level when it comes to scrambling. I just hope he's a passer that runs when in trouble, rather than the reverse, in the NFL.

Fitzy fell under that category of QBs that stopped scanning the field when he flushed the pocket.

Once he pulled the ball down it was off to the races.

Hopefully that is something that the Bills new starting QB excels at.

Fitzy fell under that category of QBs that stopped scanning the field when he flushed the pocket.

Once he pulled the ball down it was off to the races.

Hopefully that is something that the Bills new starting QB excels at.

I was listening to Colin Cowherd I think around April 26th, just before the draft. He interviewed EJ and one thing EJ said made me happy. It was a long time ago so I am just remembering, He talked about how he bases his game closely to Big Ben. He says he would watch film of Big Ben studying how he was able to escape pressure but all while always looking down field to make the play. That is the QB type he said he is striving to be. He also went into why he took sacks but I can't remember what he said about that.

If this is the right one it was April 23rd, only problem I guess you need insider to listen now.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9203431

Edited by Meatloaf Sandwich

I'm happy that EJ is starting, although I think I would've preferred to see Kolb run about 10-15 plays then EJ get the bulk of the game with second and third stringers. Perhaps that would build his confidence more than just running a few scripted plays and then getting on the bus ASAP.

Obviously the positives are we get to see him mostly with the ones against most of Indy's first team, and that starting usually means he'll be out of there quickly and limit the opportunities to be injured.

With Kolb playing an emergency role, I don't think there is as much pressure on EJ, since whatever he does won't be compared to whatever Kolb would've done.

I do expect that if Tuel makes any positive plays and no major boneheaded ones, that there will be a handful of posters and whiner line callers advocating for Tuel as the #1. :D

Edited by uncle flap

I'm happy that EJ is starting, although I think I would've preferred to see Kolb run about 10-15 plays then EJ get the bulk of the game with second and third stringers. Perhaps that would build his confidence more than just running a few scripted plays and then getting on the bus ASAP.

Obviously the positives are we get to see him mostly with the ones against most of Indy's first team, and that starting usually means he'll be out of there quickly and limit the opportunities to be injured.

With Kolb playing an emergency role, I don't think there is as much pressure on EJ, since whatever he does won't be compared to whatever Kolb would've done.

I do expect that if Tuel makes any positive plays and no major boneheaded ones, that there will be a handful of posters and whiner line callers advocating for Tuel as the #1. :D

I think EJ needs to start getting real reps in with the starters. He needs to get chemistry going with his receivers (Stevie notwithstanding) and his O-Line, particularly Wood. Plus, Indy's defense isn't great so I don't anticipate him being overwhelmed.

Edited by Big C

I was listening to Colin Cowherd I think around April 26th, just before the draft. He interviewed EJ and one thing EJ said made me happy. It was a long time ago so I am just remembering, He talked about how he bases his game closely to Big Ben. He says he would watch film of Big Ben studying how he was able to escape pressure but all while always looking down field to make the play. That is the QB type he said he is striving to be. He also went into why he took sacks but I can't remember what he said about that.

If this is the right one it was April 23rd, only problem I guess you need insider to listen now.

http://insider.espn....play?id=9203431

Thanks Meatloaf.

Music to my ears.

It seems that there are lots of QBs who can run for yardage but very few who can make plays in the passing game when they are flushed and forced to throw on the run.

On the other hand I hope he doesn't absorb the punishment that Big Ben and Rodgers do. Both of those guys take unnecessary hits while trying to extend plays and would do better to run and slide IMO.

I wouldn't know where to even find the John Murphy show. Do you think that I'm the only one out there that has this opinion about EJ? I know a lot of people who actually watch college football that think the same thing. Hell, FSU fans are saying that the guy who is replacing EJ, Jaemis Winston, can do everything that EJ couldn't do. Meaning win games by himself.

I wouldn't know where to even find the John Murphy show. Do you think that I'm the only one out there that has this opinion about EJ? I know a lot of people who actually watch college football that think the same thing. Hell, FSU fans are saying that the guy who is replacing EJ, Jaemis Winston, can do everything that EJ couldn't do. Meaning win games by himself.

And they'll be sorely disappointed. But hey, at least they'll have another scapegoat.

Excited to see how the up-tempo offense looks today (and the new defense too for that matter). As stated, it's EJ's job to lose at this point. I think as long as he doesn't have any mark sanchez butt fumble moments and can show that he can move the ball down the field he will be our day 1 starter. What I want to see out of him is footwork (no happy feet) and making good decisions with the football (don't force the ball and checking down if someone is covered). Also hopefully they told him to just throw the ball away if it's not there. I know he can run but that's the last thing you want your franchise qb doing in the pre-season. Can't wait to see how it goes today!

So how much is EJ going to play today?

Is Kolb ready to cobble? If not, we're mickle thin at QB for playing "real" games.

This is how I see it playing out:

Today:

1st Quarter - EJ

2nd Quarter - Kolb (but what if he can't go.. give Tuel his quarter?):unsure:

3rd Quarter - Tuel

4th Quarter - Scott

Game 2:

EJ - 1st Half

Kolb - 3rd Qtr

Tuel - 4th Qtr

Game 3:

EJ - 1st Half and 1st series in 3rd Qtr

Kolb - balance of the game

Game 4:

EJ - 1st series

Kolb - balance of 1st half

Tuel - 2nd half and maybe Scott the last 10 minutes of the 4th Qtr

It was probably Joe B. from GR calling Murph, using a disguised name and voice. He doesn't like EJ and sounds very Sullivanesque when he talks about him. He will say something positive and then immediately follow it with a drawn out negative comment on anything he can come up with on EJ.

I think he's just trying to back his draft day rant, and every day since, that he thought EJ was nothing better than a 4th round pick and that the bills should have taken Barkley or Nassib in the 1st.