Eagles' WR Riley Cooper: Whoops!

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah...Let him run lots of slant routes. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Pennsylvania? Not much they can do about that...

:beer::lol:

Funny - I agree to a point. But then there are guys like Tebow and David Nelson... complete opposite. Everything is on video now, so we see it more.

There are always a few guys who get around the Gator's official Recruit Future Felon mandate. No team is perfect after all.

So 30 minutes ago I tweeted "@rileycooper_14 good luck with your new career as a roadie for @kennychesney" and included the deadspin link.

21 minutes ago Cooper tweeted a lengthy apology to his teammates, owner, and coach.

Man, this Twitter stuff is powerful!

So 30 minutes ago I tweeted "@rileycooper_14 good luck with your new career as a roadie for @kennychesney" and included the deadspin link.

21 minutes ago Cooper tweeted a lengthy apology to his teammates, owner, and coach.

Man, this Twitter stuff is powerful!

Good work, E! Way to stick it to the man!

Best comment: That's like threatening to fight every heterosexual at a Melissa Etheridge concert.

Hilarious you brought up Etheridge. She came to Durham last year and I went with my wife and another couple. Sold out show and the scene was exactly as you'd expect. Before the show started I went to the mens room and it was completely empty; I had 20 urinals and 7 or 8 stalls to myself. Still used the one next to the wall, though -- I follow proper mens room etiquette.

@Deadspin

VIDEO: Eagles wide receiver Riley Cooper at Kenny Chesney concert: "I will fight every !@#$ here" http://deadsp.in/0moBZaB

I don't know what the big deal is. Its not like he said it at an NWA or Wu Tang concert. That would be reckless. A Chesney concert seems like just about the only appropriate place to say something like that. Maybe Taylor Swift. He was just moved by the music.

@RileyCooper_14

I am so ashamed and disgusted with myself. I want to apologize. I have been offensive. I have apologized to my coach, Jeffrey Lurie, and

Howie roseman and to my teammates. I owe an apology to the fans and to this community. I am so ashamed, but there are no excuses. What I did

You shouldn't take it so hard 26CornerBlitz. We forgive you.

Oh. Oh, it wasn't YOU that said that. That's what HE said. Oh.

Oh, never mind.

@AdamSchefter

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie announced his team fined WR Riley Cooper for his racist remarks.

Now players can be fined for saying stupid things that are secretly recorded. I mean it was idiotic but this sets an interesting precedent.

That said what a dolt. He used a stupid highly charged racial slur that might offend and anger 80% of his coworkers.

Talk about awkward in the locker room...

Stupid crack me up... He should have pulled a shaggy "say it wasn't you"