So Much For Worrying About Donald Jones

H2o

http://www.rotoworld...all-player-news

Patriots waived WR Donald Jones.

According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the Patriots "want to get their young guys reps." Jones signed a three-year contract with New England in March, but the deal contained no guaranteed money. This move would seem to improve veteran Molasses Michael Jenkins' chances of making the final 53-man roster.

Edited by H2o

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the super fans distraught when he signed with the pats*. Then, claiming the hoody would turn him into the next Welker, would you please stand up and eat crow.

Jones is just one One of 3 completely pathetic NFL receivers carried by Gailey last year. Then when those scrubs were cut the love for them here by some was crazy. Easley who is still on the squad (for now) is the last of the bunch.

Edited by Best Player Available

It's just a ploy! They will bring him back right before the game against the Bills! He will Score 14 touchdowns and have 784 yards in the game. All the people who believe the Bills can do wrong after 13 years of losing will have eat crow!

For all the super fans distraught when he signed with the pats*. Then, claiming the hoody would turn him into the next Welker, would you please stand up and eat crow.

Jones is just one One of 3 completely pathetic NFL receivers carried by Gailey last year. Then when those scrubs were cut the love for them here by some was crazy. Easley who is still on the squad (for now) is the last of the bunch.

I usually try to stay positive on here but I totally agree. That receiving core was pathetic outside of Stevie (Chandler is decent). I would have to imagine that those were the only guys that teams worried about in the passing game. It is yet to be seen but Stevie may actually do better without these stiffs around him. The talent level has certainly increased and it is exciting.

I'm a little shocked, considering the Patriot's situation at receiver. After losing Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez and Woodhead, and with Gronk possibly on PUP would have figured there were desperate. Hell, I would even say that the Bills have more talent in their receiving corps.

Generally agree, tho I always liked David Nelson (and loved his ex-GF Kelce!! :worthy: ). He certainly had good chemistry with Fitz and ran good routes - got open - showed good hands. I figured they let him go due to his speed (lack of). BUT - I was surprised they let him go. I also thought maybe they let him go because they want to move Shifty Stevie inside and knew he'd never see the field with Stevie ahead of him and 2 burners (TBD) on the outside. Sounds reasonable, but doesn't account for Woods. What do I know?!?!?!

That's why I work in a bank!!!

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up

Donald Jones may not have all the talent of his colleagues but the guy was a serious player. He played with heart and played for the team. I appreciate the effort he gave in Buffalo.

i think thats fair. just because a guy might not be in our 53 best players doesnt mean he has to be hated.

i think thats fair. just because a guy might not be in our 53 best players doesnt mean he has to be hated.

I don't hate the guy I just don't think that he was any good. That guy was the Bills #2 last year and may be out of the league. There was a SERIOUS lack of talent at the position. There were people on here that actually thought that he was a serviceable #2. The fact is he wasn't any good and the upgrade in talent is something that we should be excited about.

I don't hate the guy I just don't think that he was any good. That guy was the Bills #2 last year and may be out of the league. There was a SERIOUS lack of talent at the position. There were people on here that actually thought that he was a serviceable #2. The fact is he wasn't any good and the upgrade in talent is something that we should be excited about.

fully agreed.

If we had Andre Reed as our #2 last year it would not have made a difference. I could make an argument that Donald Jones contributed as much last year as Andre Reed would have with Fitzpatrick at QB. Jones was a great blocker for CJ and FJ. That's about all we could do last year.