• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

belinda

Ok, I was not around when this became a TBDism, but tell me if I'm right. Is this when a person wants to talk about themselves? Or when a person becomes overly dramatic? Or am I completely off the trail? I need to know "all intensive purposes" for this word. Thanks.

I had a friend give me **** when I told her I've been know to consume two bottles of wine myself in a evening. Well former friend to be exact.

Is this on purpose? Lol

who's per?

I think the question would be, who's "say", amirite?

Perhaps a TBDism that I am displaying...I did not realize I was responding to posts from 2013 until my third post today. LOL

Edited by HamSandwhich

"Belinda"

Ok, I was not around when this became a TBDism, but tell me if I'm right. Is this when a person wants to talk about themselves? Or when a person becomes overly dramatic? Or am I completely off the trail? I need to know "all intensive purposes" for this word. Thanks.

Belinda was a poster who was famous for creating threads where the title was the only message. I think a new version of board software outlawed that practice, so other posters starting putting "Belinda" as the message in that case, just to satisfy that validation. It's a synonym for "eom" or "n/m" or "this post intentionally left blank".

Belinda was a poster who was famous for creating threads where the title was the only message. I think a new version of board software outlawed that practice, so other posters starting putting "Belinda" as the message in that case, just to satisfy that validation. It's a synonym for "eom" or "n/m" or "this post intentionally left blank".

Ahhh, it all makes sense now. Thanks :thumbsup:

I thought Belinda was the poster that complained about threads where the title was the only message...thereby leading people to, instead of "Blah blah blah (nm)," posting titles of "Blah blah blah (belinda)."

Similar to when stevestojan complained that "****" was filtered to "poop," leading SDS to change the filter to "stevestojan." You'll still occasionally see people say "stojan" instead of "****" to this day.

I thought Belinda was the poster that complained about threads where the title was the only message...thereby leading people to, instead of "Blah blah blah (nm)," posting titles of "Blah blah blah (belinda)."

Similar to when stevestojan complained that "****" was filtered to "poop," leading SDS to change the filter to "stevestojan." You'll still occasionally see people say "stojan" instead of "****" to this day.

I've caught myself using "stojan" in my regular non-TBD life. And when people ask what I'm talking about, I just sort of play it like it's something they should know and I'm not going to explain it.

Awesome! lol. Love the stories!

It's time to precede with the mockery of that poster.

ROFL!!! :thumbsup:

Wow I suck at this then.

• 2 weeks later...

Could this qualify as a TBDism?

When I was young I would say that I wanted to do it "another gin"

instead of saying that I wanted to "do it again"

Gugny and Jauronimo are the judges so we'll need to wait for them to make a ruling.

A TBDism must happen within the confines of twobillsdrive.com; either in a thread or in the shoutbox and it cannot be forced. It has to be an actual display of idiocy.

A TBDism must happen within the confines of twobillsdrive.com; either in a thread or in the shoutbox and it cannot be forced. It has to be an actual display of idiocy.

Oh, like this:

As much as this hurts ... I agree, Beerball.

Not only is "escape goat" an instant classic, but the whole sentence is a mixed metaphor masterpiece. You have the image of a train going off the rails while you're trying to get away frantically riding a goat. Well done all around.

Edited by Cugalabanza

On the old Union Pacific line, they used to keep a goat in every passenger car, just in case the train derailed.

True story.

Did they smell bad, Tom?

Escape goat.

This could be a game changer.

Years ago my wife and I heard Mark Langston, while pitching for the Angels, said he was the escape goat. That was probably 20-25 years ago and we still laugh about it today.