Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/27/cops-impound-suv-that-may-connect-hernandez-to-2012-killings/

PFT reporting that police believe Odin killing was linked to 2012 double homicide.

From that article - big development:

"According to CNN, the Boston Police Department has located and impounded a silver SUV with Rhode Island registration that police have been trying to find for almost a year in connection with the shooting deaths of two people in 2012. Investigators believe that Hernandez was renting the SUV at the time of those killings."

More details from the CNN-

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/27/us/nfl-hernandez/index.html?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

"Lloyd was shot five times, he said.

The first bullet went through his forearm and into his abdomen, suggesting that he tried to raise his arm to defend himself, McCauley said. Lloyd was then shot twice in the back, and once he was down, shot two more times in the chest, the prosecutor said."

Edited by NoSaint

Just saw this. This is unreal.

im sure it still hand casings, his social security card, and an old iphone with texts about killing the guys under the seat....

evidence and stuff is just so hard to keep track of sometimes.

From that article - big development:

"According to CNN, the Boston Police Department has located and impounded a silver SUV with Rhode Island registration that police have been trying to find for almost a year in connection with the shooting deaths of two people in 2012. Investigators believe that Hernandez was renting the SUV at the time of those killings."

More details from the CNN-

http://www.cnn.com/2...S: Top Stories)

"Lloyd was shot five times, he said.

The first bullet went through his forearm and into his abdomen, suggesting that he tried to raise his arm to defend himself, McCauley said. Lloyd was then shot twice in the back, and once he was down, shot two more times in the chest, the prosecutor said."

So much for keeping the evidence sealed until trial....I tell ya the media are a bunch of whores.

well, the second quote i believe is from the bail hearing today. so its not a leak or anything.

I know, but I still like calling the media whores. They will continue to hound the defense and prosecutors for more and more info in this 24 hour a day news cycle of ours.

So much for keeping the evidence sealed until trial....I tell ya the media are a bunch of whores.

so is the public who have a feeding frenzy on these reports. Being right is not important, being 1st to report is. it's all about the webpage hits and how it relates to advertisement revenue. Better to be 1st to report and wrong then last to report but correct.

Edited by Snorom

so is the public who have a feeding frenzy on these reports. Being right is not important, being 1st to report is. it's all about the webpage hits and how it relates to advertisement revenue. Better to be 1st to report and wrong then last to report but correct.

Agreed

So Jerry Sullivan spends a lot of newspaper space in his column today to let us know that when it comes to the Hernandez matter, we should all feel sorry for the victim, not the NFL. Gee Jerry, in your next column you should tell us that we should all oppose hurricanes and famines. I mean, I know you referenced one caller to a talk show who stated he felt sorry for the NFL, but one moron in a country of 300 million people does not a consensus make. Take note, Captain Obvious, that I seriously doubt that there was even one person in your Western New York readership population that woke up this morning and thought to himself (herself) "gosh I really feel sorry for the NFL today".

But I am glad that Jerry let us know that he feels bad for the victim and not the NFL. In next weeks column, I understand that he is going to let us all know that he opposes cancer, and we should too.

I really don't like Sullivan. Glad I haven't read him in years.

I wish I could say I felt bad for the NFL but I don't. This isn't just one bad egg. The NFL continually over looks suspect personalities and gives them opportunities of great power and influence. As much as I love the NFL I hope it pays the price one day. Football will live on.

As a friend of mine said long ago, for over half of the players in the league, "If not for the NFL, jail." 50 percent plus may be too high, but anyone who thinks that the league isn't populated by a very large of violent sociopaths is completely and utterly delusional. Anyone who derives joy from hitting people that hard and with such speed has some issues.