I can't in good conscience bring my family to a game

I've been to several stadiums in my life & I can easily say that showing up anymore to the stadium has become a hassle. We are witnessing the beginning of the end for the family experience & an ease of living. The NFL has actually determined that US stadiums are becoming a target of terrorists & that anyone could bring in items that could harbor explosives. Why would anyone in good conscience subject their families a potential target & risk their well-being based on having seats that could protect them from the elements? It seems like a formula for disaster to me, large crowds & a potential bomb threat.

I'm not completely paranoid but if I can die to see a NFL game, maybe I should spend my time in a more controlled environment. 10 times the police presence in the stadium seems like a militant deal & knowing that my spouse is going to be searched worse than boarding a flight seems extreme. I think we eliminate the fans in house & just bend-over for any chance of a risk to our families. It's the only prudent thing to do separate of random strip searches, like your entering another country (like Canada).

Yes sir, deem me out until we can determine the terrorists from the fans. It's just too much for me to bare.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to several stadiums in my life & I can easily say that showing up anymore to the stadium has become a hassle. We are witnessing the beginning of the end for the family experience & an ease of living. The NFL has actually determined that US stadiums are becoming a target of terrorists & that anyone could bring in items that could harbor explosives. Why would anyone in good conscience subject their families a potential target & risk their well-being based on having seats that could protect them from the elements? It seems like a formula for disaster to me, large crowds & a potential bomb threat.

I'm not completely paranoid but if I can die to see a NFL game, maybe I should spend my time in a more controlled environment. 10 times the police presence in the stadium seems like a militant deal & knowing that my spouse is going to be searched worse than boarding a flight seems extreme. I think we eliminate the fans in house & just bend-over for any chance of a risk to our families. It's the only prudent thing to do separate of random strip searches, like your entering another country (like Canada).

Yes sir, deem me out until we can determine the terrorists from the fans. It's just too much for me to bare.

You know, breathing the outside air is risky. And the sun causes cancer. Best keep inside your bunker.

Spam! :rolleyes:

No, you are paranoid. If you want to live your life in fear that is your choice but to not go to a game because someone may bring a bomb is ridiculous. My sister lives in Boston close to marathon bombing. Should she stay in her home forever for fear of another incident?

There are an infinite number of opinions along the continuum of concern when going to an NFL game. OP's is one of them and deserves a hearing and consideration...then choose whether or not to make a decision based on it. OP deserves a hearing, not ridicule.

Bulletin board material for Al Qaeda

There are an infinite number of opinions along the continuum of concern when going to an NFL game. OP's is one of them and deserves a hearing and consideration...then choose whether or not to make a decision based on it. OP deserves a hearing, not ridicule.

I agree, and hearings do usually happen before they put you in the state hospital. Living in fear is when they win (depending on who you think they are, I guess) Americans are getting paraniod.

I think y'all are missing the point. The nfl is overreacting.

Or possibly they're being proactive.

You're right.

IMO he's being paranoid.

You have a better chance of being struck by lightning than being killed in a terrorist attack. For all the drama now about this threat, there simply aren't that many terrorists out there running around regardless of what the government wants you to believe and the one's that might be here are only here because the government has decided to let them in the country for some reason. After all, not one of these guys that every blew up anything here, or plotted to blow up anything was in the country illegally. They all received legitimate visas and permission to enter the country. Something to think about the next time we're told we need to surrender some freedoms for safely. Maybe not letting these nutjobs into the US might be a good place to start rather tham snooping on everybody. If 'you' (the NSA) are monitoring my post here please take this suggestion under consideration as a good first step.

While its hard to get an accurate force assessment because of the nature of their activities I suspect we're talking about a few thousand hardcore members here worldwide. And I don't know about you but to me these guys would stick out like a 'sore thumb' at the stadium. I can't invision a group of al Queda guys tailgating in the stadium lot before the game not attracting some attention..

All the actions stated make an nfl stadium less of a target, not more. If your concerns are about privacy violations, certainly avoid communicating with anyone.

Are we really not reading the OP as a parody and just angry at the new nfl measures.... Making jokes about if its so risky that all THAT is required then something absolutely TERRIFYING just MUST be right around the corner, so count him out - tongue firmly in cheek.

That said, certainly not the direction I thought was coming when clicking the thread. I would've bet heavy on it being about drunks, especially with the dead fan potential lawsuit popping up this week.

So are y'all saying its OK for me to go to Yankee stadium today? Is this only an NFL concern? Please let me know soon before I get in the car and put my kids and I at risk

Which inning are you planning on streaking so I can divert my son's attention from the TV?