Enough dodging: who is the QB for this team/why?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you have stroke or something?

If EJ shows he can be competent that opening day against the Patriots, in my opinion,......but I htink gettin gout there and getting a feel for the game is essential-

If EJ is ready, he plays

Gout?? Ohhh geez, How did our Doctors and trainers overlook the fact that EJ has gout??..with this in mind, I vote Kolb.

Gibran Hamden is my dark horse, wait actually he is my knight in shining armor... but i digress

Like everyone esle just a guess at this point, but I think Kolb will be the starter. The one stat that worries me about E.J. is the number of times he was sacked over the last two years (59 I think) that seems like a lot to me. to me it speaks to poor pocket awareness (but I didn't watch any FSU games mb it was something else e.g. bad O-line or Designed QB run/pass options etc), I think until he has that part of his game figured out they will go with Kevin Kolb (who also gets sacked a lot). Who knows though really.

EJ got sacked too much - so the answer is Kevin Kolb? I'm not 100% sold on your reasoning there.

Without going into too much detail, my position is that unless EJ stinks it up in camp or during preseason the job is his to lose, not win. I can't imagine EJ and Kolb performing similarly and them giving the job to Kolb -- that's not why you draft a QB in the first round.

If Kolb clearly outperforms EJ in August then you have to determine if that's because EJ just needs some time to develop, or if you've made an error in your talent evaluation. Personally, I believe playing QB for a D-1 powerhouse for 2+ seasons qualifies as sufficient preparation to start in the NFL, and that's why I strongly believe EJ will be the opening day starter.

My thoughts exactly. The only way Kolb starts is if he performs very well in TC/preseason. While EJ has all the talent in the world, if, for whatever reason/s, he has issues running the O and reading defenses, I can't envision him starting the season opener. I think it's his job to lose, but kolb has a chance to win it if he plays lights out. I'm praying its Ej. On the bright side of kolb starting, if he plays well given the opportunity, he could be worthy a couple nice draft picks when Ej is ready to start. Kolbs contract is awesome if he turns out to be better than expected. Maybe Marrone and Hackett can get the most of his talents and make him look like a stud.

It'll be Manuel. A run\pass dual threat who excels when throwing outside of the pocket, like him, will make the read option far more dangerous. Play to his strengths, simplify things a bit if necessary and run the ball a lot, and unless Manuel is a total bust I can't see him failing to match the mediocrity of Kevin Kolb.

Kolb. He is the Alex Smith to EJM's Kaep. Even if he is able to resurrect his career, he will set the bar low enough for the QB of the future to exceed it when he's ready. He may even surprise us and put us in a position to win a few games in the process.

If EJ is close or even with Kolb, EJ has to start. If EJ is green behind the ears, and not picking up the offense as well as would be expected, cannot make reads on time, etc, then he should sit and learn behind Kolb. It's EJ's job to win in my opinion. He is the future afterall!

That said, I think EJ is raw and will need to sit a few games to begin the season, so Kolb will start the season.

OK that's just gross. But to answer the question (after flipping a coin), I think EJ is the day 1 starter. I like how he's not taking any time off - he's obviously all in and working to be the #1 right away.

Without going into too much detail, my position is that unless EJ stinks it up in camp or during preseason the job is his to lose, not win. I can't imagine EJ and Kolb performing similarly and them giving the job to Kolb -- that's not why you draft a QB in the first round.

If Kolb clearly outperforms EJ in August then you have to determine if that's because EJ just needs some time to develop, or if you've made an error in your talent evaluation. Personally, I believe playing QB for a D-1 powerhouse for 2+ seasons qualifies as sufficient preparation to start in the NFL, and that's why I strongly believe EJ will be the opening day starter.

I agree.

My instinct tells me Kolb.

My intellect says it should be Manuel.

Which means I'm naming Tuel as the starter.

GO BILLS!!!

i'm exactly inversed proportionally K -9.

It's gonna be Kolb and Bills are in no rush to put EJ in to satisfy the fan base. But they also are ramping up Manuel asap. Just in case Kolb is injured or struggles mightily early.