Tim Tebow to Pats

Mango

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be funny if he makes it and then there is zero chatter like the circus last year. Just cements what a buffoon Rexy is and loses his job after this year.

May god be with you Jesus.

Exactly. Will further display the contrast between a well run and confident organization versus the circus act.

I also read into this they're not happy with mallet as backup. There have been rumors they were trying to trade him.

its a perfectly ok signing for them. a hardworker that will buy into the system and create zero qb controversy. curious to see if hes simply back up qb and runs the scout team when they face option qbs, or if he gets another role ala special teams, TE or FB

Exactly. Will further display the contrast between a well run and confident organization versus the circus act.

I also read into this they're not happy with mallet as backup. There have been rumors they were trying to trade him.

I never heard their not happy with Mallet? Is that fan board chatter? Trade rumors yes during the draft period, since the hoody is known for that. I don't see tebow being an upgrade over Mallet.

Just got a text from ESPN. He will participate in mini camp Tuesday.

I think this might be an ego move by Belicheck

I heard if he has a good camp he will be the starter week one, this is due to belicheck admitting that if it weren't for the tuck rule or cheating, brady has yet to win the big one...

I never heard their not happy with Mallet? Is that fan board chatter? Trade rumors yes during the draft period, since the hoody is known for that. I don't see tebow being an upgrade over Mallet.

Not explicitly no, that's why I said I "read into this" based on other factors. Mallet had physical skills but also baggage and he is kind of a nut. I could see him not progressing. They may figure tebow can't be any worse , only better, so its worth a shot.

This should be a very interesting response from TBD. It's the "Belichick is a genius and can do no wrong" group versus the "Tebow is the worst QB in history and is only famous because of his religion" group. It'll be fun to see which group has the last I told you so.

At least the latter group can stop with the "If Tebow is so good then why will no one else in the NFL sign him?" rhetoric.