Tim Tebow to Pats

Mango

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit the moment that I read the news I developed an uncontrollable grin from ear to ear. TT and all the hype that comes with him will destroy the Patriots. I have no doubt that the Bills will win the division this year! Sit back my friends and enjoy one hell of a ride. The season opener can't come fast enough for me.

Bizarre. But I've seen too much (way too much) of Belichek to underestimate him. Maybe a no-risk what the hell move, but there is something up. I still think this is a bad move for Tebow. If he is as serious as he sounds about playing q b he should hav e worked something out with some Canadian team to get a chance to play the position. He might be some kind of utility player at New England.

Patriots' arrogance on full display with Tim Tebow signing: http://www.cbssports...m-tebow-signing

@PriscoCBS

Tebow to Ryan Mallett: "So that's how you throw a spiral."

@ProFootballTalk

@PriscoCBS . . . Tebow can throw a spiral. As long as you don't expect the ball to arrive at any specific destination.

Believe it: Tim Tebow will be a 'pleasant surprise' as Patriots passer, QB guru says: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-06-10/tim-tebow-patriots-steve-clarkson-quarterback-jets-bill-belichick-tom-brady

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Brady will be retiring in a few years and Tebow has already shown he has what it takes to win games. With a few years of developing under Brady/McDaniels he will take over for Tommy Boy and likely crush us for the rest of his career.

Who has more playoff wins in the last decade and a half, the Buffalo Bills or Tim Tebow?

I wouldnt mind a 7-4 record either.

I must admit the moment that I read the news I developed an uncontrollable grin from ear to ear. TT and all the hype that comes with him will destroy the Patriots. I have no doubt that the Bills will win the division this year! Sit back my friends and enjoy one hell of a ride. The season opener can't come fast enough for me.

No this is the best take yet.

Brady will be retiring in a few years and Tebow has already shown he has what it takes to win games. With a few years of developing under Brady/McDaniels he will take over for Tommy Boy and likely crush us for the rest of his career.

Tebow will be out of the league next year, after the Pats find they have no use for him either.

I doubt it.

The combination of Belichick's requirement of extremely cerebral players is not a good fit with Tebow's much-publicized dyslexia which causes him difficulty in remembering plays.

If Tebow has a role with the Cheatriots*** I believe it will be in a limited package.

(preparing to be attacked again)

edit: (for reporting factual information)

http://sports.yahoo....-145252244.html

A week later, the Broncos played against the New England Patriots, a team that was almost comically bad on defense at the time. Instead, the Patriots made Tebow look like he needed to go back to Nease High in Jacksonville for remedial work. The Patriots played the simplest two-deep zone that you could imagine, refusing to blitz him until he broke the pocket. The result was a 9-of-26, 136-yard passing performance along with only 13 yards rushing on five carries.

This was the kind of game where even an average NFL quarterback would have thrown for 300 yards, as one AFC coach said a month later. Granted, that quarterback still would have lost to the Patriots and Tom Brady, but that's not the point. This was yet another illustration that Tebow isn't ready to play conventional NFL football and he's not quick enough to play read-option all the time.

Tebow can't read defenses. He can't explain the differences between two-deep, three-deep and zero coverage, much less see them. He was never trained to do that at Florida by Urban Meyer (not that it was Meyer's responsibility to teach him; it was Meyer's responsibility to win).

Blame that reality on whatever you want. It could be the fact that Tebow is dyslexic. Coaches and players who were with him in Denver say that Tebow would get to the line and immediately lose track of the play call from the huddle in the jumble of what he was told and what he saw across the line.

It could be that he played in funky offenses in high school and college that didn't teach him. He was almost never under center at either level and his high school offense featured him lining up almost in punt formation on each play, giving him an unreal amount of time to read the defense.

edit: (for reporting factual information)

http://sports.yahoo....-145252244.html

A week later, the Broncos played against the New England Patriots, a team that was almost comically bad on defense at the time. Instead, the Patriots made Tebow look like he needed to go back to Nease High in Jacksonville for remedial work. The Patriots played the simplest two-deep zone that you could imagine, refusing to blitz him until he broke the pocket. The result was a 9-of-26, 136-yard passing performance along with only 13 yards rushing on five carries.

This was the kind of game where even an average NFL quarterback would have thrown for 300 yards, as one AFC coach said a month later. Granted, that quarterback still would have lost to the Patriots and Tom Brady, but that's not the point. This was yet another illustration that Tebow isn't ready to play conventional NFL football and he's not quick enough to play read-option all the time.

Tebow can't read defenses. He can't explain the differences between two-deep, three-deep and zero coverage, much less see them. He was never trained to do that at Florida by Urban Meyer (not that it was Meyer's responsibility to teach him; it was Meyer's responsibility to win).

Blame that reality on whatever you want. It could be the fact that Tebow is dyslexic. Coaches and players who were with him in Denver say that Tebow would get to the line and immediately lose track of the play call from the huddle in the jumble of what he was told and what he saw across the line.

It could be that he played in funky offenses in high school and college that didn't teach him. He was almost never under center at either level and his high school offense featured him lining up almost in punt formation on each play, giving him an unreal amount of time to read the defense.

The only thing "factual" about the bolded part is that a yahoo reporter claimed to have gotten the info from some unnamed bronco players and coaches. We don't know who, how many, how representative they were of the team as a whole, what other factors were at work ... We don't know to what degree the reported embellished the story (all the way to making it up).

The irony of course in using this to bash TT is that the author based his charge of ineptness by how easy it was for the pats to make him look silly and yet theyre the team who just signed him!

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack