EJ Manuel on NFL Live

Mostly fluff.

What did it feel like to be the first QB drafted - blah blah blah

Asked about his experience thus far in OTAs, he mentioned the emphasis on footwork and wanting to improve a little bit every day

"Did CJ warn you about the cold and lake effect snows in December? Seeing as you played in the warm climate of the ACC" No, but he's a football player and will do fine.

I think these interviews are as revealing as poop until people have something real to talk about.

Mostly fluff.

Asked about his experience thus far in OTAs, he mentioned the emphasis on footwork and wanting to improve a little bit every day

"Did CJ warn you about the cold and lake effect snows in December? Seeing as you played in the warm climate of the ACC" No, but he's a football player and will do fine.

I think these interviews are as revealing as poop until people have something real to talk about.

ok, so there was not much substance. how was the style?

Mostly fluff.

I would have rather asked:

1. When are you signing your rookie contract

2. Have you started House hunting in Buffalo

3. Will you own an apartment in Toronto

4. Will your Mom or GF move with you to Buffalo

5. What are five things you know about Buffalo Today

6. How is the night life in Buffalo compared to Tallahaassee

7. Does he hunt deers

only in the back yard.

i actually really like the way that EJ carries himself. he seems to have a humble swagger to him, if that makes any sense.

I totally agree. It seems like he has the perfect blend of confidence, humility, and intelligence. While I wouldn't care if our QB was an arrogant person if he brought W's week in and week out, it's nice that EJ is well spoken and gathers the scope of the situation he's in. Impressive for a 22-year-old.

And don't get me wrong, I don't want a choir boy at QB if he's going to lose and be meek in the huddle, but I doubt EJ is ever going to get into the shenanigans Big Ben and other NFL guys seem to. I think he's going to be awesome. Can't wait to see him on the field. I do think Kevin Kolb will push for the starting role though. It's too early to throw the towel in on his career. He's got a lot of game and should be better protected here in Buffalo. I don't think VJax has the presence of Manuel or Kolb, though he is pretty solid.

We'll see. I won't be surprised at all if EJ wins the starting job, but Kolb's experience gives him the edge.

Not to be pessimistic, but an NFL players attitude and conduct is hard to gauge before the get their hands on $$. Once they have the money, their character flaws and strengths will reveal themselves.

very true. however, all these guys say the same thing, it's just a matter of how they say it. you can usually only fake so much. if you are stupid, arrogant, foolish, selfish...to a certain extent these traits will show through. if you are humble, intelligent, and give honest , well thought answers, this will also show through. i think that money will pretty much enhance all of these characteristics a person may have.

kinda like the super-soldier serum. a good person becomes great while a bad person becomes the super-villain.

Not to be pessimistic, but an NFL players attitude and conduct is hard to gauge before the get their hands on $$. Once they have the money, their character flaws and strengths will reveal themselves.

First of all even without a contract he has access to plenty of money. What ever agency he is with will lend him what ever he wants until the contract is signed.

This kid is an Academic All American who has already earned his degree and is working on a masters. I find it highly unlikely that he will blow a million dollars over a weekend or make in rain in some strip club.

Funny how no one ever asks players how they feel about playing in snow up in Chicago or Green Bay or Cleveland.

PTR

Or Pittsburgh, NY, New England, Tennessee, Seattle etc...All those post season games at Orchard Park is still in the memories of NFL fans.

EJ was stylin and profilin! He was his typical cool, charasmatic self :flirt:

For me EJ appears to resemble a lot of Daunte Culpepper including the facial expressions and manners. I hope he can have the same success Daunte had with the Vikings throwing the rock to Moss, Carter etc.

Re #6, a chick thats a 4 in tallahassee is an 8 in Buffalo.