Praise for Bills' draft

One of the PAC-10 coaches (think he is the Stanford coach) is on NFLN now and he really was very positive on the Bills' draft. He was very high on Robert Woods and Kiko Alonso. He thinks that Alonso could be a Pro Bowler and that Woods will make big plays regardless of his lack of dynamic speed.

Edited by OldTimer1960

I don't think any of us (except for Astro) could have mocked a much better draft! We got 3-4 starters out of this draft, and all of the picks look like they'll be used, whereas in past years it seemed like a lot of the later picks came in and left before we even got their names down.

I came away from the draft with a little more insight into our Coordinators thoughts on the roster, too. Pettine must have been a lot higher on the LB corps than I would have thought - and a lot less thrilled with the Safety group. And, they must truly think McKelvin or Brooks is capable of being a good starter, unless Pettine thinks the Safeties will be far more important than the CB's. Either way - if he was worried about the LB'ers or CB's we would have seen a draft that reflected that. That is comforting to know. I was a little worried that Pettine would feel he needed to add a player or two to both the D-line and the CB positions. As much as I like the potential of our offense, and even though it was the better unit last year, I think the defense is going to be the strength of this team this year.

And I'm really psyched to see what Hackett and Marrone have in mind for this offense! With the speed we have, and a QB who - as Nix pointed out - has a cannon for an arm, we should really put defenses in a tough spot. AGHHH - I've drank the Kool Aid, again!

Edited by KeisterHollow