Rd 3, Pick #78: WR Marquise Goodwin - Texas

boyst

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite obvious to me that the whole "move Stevie Johnson to the slot" plan has been scraped. If it even existed in the first place, for that matter.

TJ, and MG look like slot receivers to me. Woods and Johnson can man the outside.

You don't know crap, no offense. You haven't seen one formation Hackett has drawn up or one personnel grouping. You are complaining solely for complaining's sake.

And TJ Graham had 99 catches for 1453 yards in four years at NC State, and it really kind of seems like he sucks. Of course, he still has time, but he showed absolutely ZERO last year. Not even a glimpse. Now, we have another one. Oh goody. The pick is horrible. The Bills don't have the luxury of hoping in their situation.

As a side note, I was enjoying our draft to this point, so I'm not hating on the whole thing. Again, I just think this pick is horrible.

I don't really understand your logic.

Let's assume you are correct and TJ is a horrible player and will never make it in the NFL. With that being the case, what is wrong with drafting a replacement speedy WR?

Having a speedy decent/good WR is desired in the NFL. I see no problem in attempting to obtain one.

Let's assume you are correct and TJ is a horrible player and will never make it in the NFL. With that being the case, what is wrong with drafting a replacement speedy WR?

Having a speedy decent/good WR is desired in the NFL. I see no problem in attempting to obtain one.

Because every player fits into nice stereotypes where if 1 fails they all fail. Pay attention!

I think TJ is actually a receiver. This guy is a gadget guy. I think Hackett and Marrone are going to mess with a bunch of toys. It really good be exciting and fun. I don't expect much real production from him.

i agree.....rookie year he will be more of a returner/gadget play guy.

Doesn't Hackett have a degree in neurobiology? Maybe when one speedster gets blown up by a LB or S, he'll be able to use the other for spare parts.

Seems like a Graham clone, why bother?

that's what I thought, would rather had Ryan Swope who is a bigger version of Welker.

I am somewhat disappointed with this pick. He is clearly very very fast, but didn't do much at Texas either as a WR or a kick returner.

Not sure I see what good his speed is if he doesn't catch passes or return kicks well....

Hey we are the Raiders east baby.

Somebody needs to tell Nix that the 3rd round still has plenty of talent, because he's the worst GM I've ever seen in the 3rd.

or any other round for that matter.

Lots of shiny new toys for Hackett's O. Fasten your seatbelts!

My sentiments exactly! It's impossible to know if a pick is good or bad, so why not look at it positively? History has proven that the experts are 50/50 at best if a pick is "value" or "reach"... So why not just sit back and envision what potential our team could have with the talent we've added.

The Bills have been negative for so long, but the one time of year we can always we positive is the draft. Lets sit back and think of the better future that's on its way!

Go Bills!

I was all for getting another receiver but they should have drafted Da'Rick Rodgers or Ryan Swope. Both of these picks would have made a lot more sense

+++++- totally do not understand this pick, maybe a nod to Mckelvin starting at CB and no longer on Punt returns and Kick offs ???? it seems like a high pick to use that way

Perhaps now that he can focus solely on football on a FT basis he can achieve his full potential. That said, why not Markus Wheaton (also fast and much more polished), Steadman Bailey, Quinton Patton or DaRick Rogers. All higher ranked. Know their games are different but going with surer picks seems smarter. This affirms Buddy f'ed up with Graham.

And we passed on Jordan Reed for him who was the last truly talented TE--a position of need with a value pick available.

Seems like a Graham clone, why bother?

Not a Graham clone at all... i've seem him play a lot of times and saw him in olympics.. This is fastest guy in NFL... He's more a bigger Roscoe PArrish with less juking and just pure break away speed. I see a lot of 4 WR sets with him and SJ13 n slots and Woods and Graham outside and SC in backfield... With Stevie and Woods doing the dirty work, those 3 other guys can score a TD from anywhere on the field. I see Marrone's offense playing a Chip Kelly style.. If i were Chip, and would have known he would have this kind of speed to work with... he would have drolled over this job..

We dont know how anything will pan out obviously, but this regime has sure made it clear, we want SPEED and ATHLETICISM... even loving the alonso pick.. Guy is very big for an ILB... seeing alot of them come off board in 2nd 2nd and seeing their measurabilities.. i was a bit shocked to see how most were barely pushing 6 feet and some under.. London Fletcher type guys.. Alonso has same kind of speed as others, but is a big boy.. he's like 6'3 (depending what source? how hard is it to get a damn height correct! LOL) He may play a bit wreckless, but thats the scheme he played in.. if he can be coached properly, and i think we have a great guy in Pettine is DC, i think he will start day 1 along side Shepp in middle of 3-4 and be the guy to break piles with his ferociousness and free Shepp to make plays without blockers on him. Dont forget, Shepp was 1 of the leaders on the LSU dominant D.. he has not lived up to expectations yet, but only 3rd yr, and we will actually have a REAL scheme along with some real talent on this D..

I'm hoping we can pick up a vet CB later in FA, and very optimistic about our draft so far.

Hate this pick.... Could have gottten Quality O-Line help...

Or a TE!!!

2 guards were taken after him. Still plenty of them to be had.

Drafts are not filled with stud TEs. The TEs left are not likely studs.

Edited by John Adams

i like this pick. If you are an opposing D, how do you cover this kid & TJ at the same time? Espescially now that we have some QBs that can hit them deep. I feel 10 times better about this team now than after our first draft with Gailey at the helm.