Eugene Cyril "Geno" Smith III - QB - West Virginia

to trade up to the 2 or 1 slot and take Geno....This quote below came off Rotoworld via Jaguars.com, and there are others. The entire league hears our dumb hick GM getting caught on tape speaking of his desperation to find a QB and all the sudden the Jags come out and say they won't rule Geno out. Why would they do that when they own the #2 pick and KC just traded for their QB? They want Geno - the got him. Total smokescreen.

"Jaguars.com isn't ruling out the Jags taking West Virginia QB Geno Smith at No. 2 overall."

Basically, it feels like a poker game now when there's a real fish at the table and everyone knows it....everyone gets excited to take all his money but nobody dares tell the fish that theyre about to get bled.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont buy this whole we only have 6 picks BS. There have been recent years where we've had a surplus of picks and where the hell have those stockpiles gotten us? I'd rather draft the guy we think will be the QB for the next ten years and sign FA scrubs as a stop-gap than to continue avoiding the QB position. Why just dip our toe in the water and go for a second tier QB? Dive into the pool for once and see what happens. Christ we have very little to lose at this point and much to gain.

The one missing factor in every draft for the bills in recent years has been drafting a top-notch talent at QB in the draft. We either avoid the position or draft 2nd tier/3rd tier QBs.

Drafting Geno will at the very least give this franchise some direction.

Trade up to #3 if possible and take Geno Smith.

1. He has by far the most physical tools of any QB in this draft to succeed at the next level.

2. He most likely will not be there at #8.

3. The thought of having TJax starting for us next season makes me want to vomit.

4. The thought of us drafting Nassib makes me want to vomit

4a. If we draft Nassib, I think (I could be wrong) that this wouuld be the first time in NFL history where a HC, OC, and QB all come to the NFL the same season from a single college program.

4b. For no other reason than 4a, I want nothing to do with Nassib. Ya, it's a silly reason, but holy sh*t, Syracuse, though Marrone got the most out of them, didn't do much of anything in a rather weak conference, so what the heck should we expect from the same exact group in the NFL. Do we make the Syracuse Athletic Director the Bills GM next? Shoot me. :death:

There really isn't a single QB in this draft (other than Geno) that excites me in any way. We need the draft picks but I'd be willing to trade away our first 3 picks this year and take a chance (for once) on a premier QB prospect. If not this season, with a completely different regime, when?

Great strategy. Pick a QB out of desperation while throwing away picks in a weak class and do this all again in 2016. History has never ever repeated itself, but it often rhymes. Your idea is for the song to remain the same. :beer:

How about a simple plan?

Draft a QB with our first pick, every year, until we find one.

If we snag Barkley at 8 and he sucks, then we should be in top ten position again next year. I suspect Whaley (not Nix), from his years in Pittsburgh, understands how to move on from a player. If we draft the most important position on a team, and the guy (1) sucks and (2) shows to a trained eye that he will never be more than a career backup, then next year we draft another one with our first pick.

After all, in a QB league, for a team with no QB, isnt that what the first round pick is for???

(I dont care about value for the slot. I care about the value of not having a qb and missing the playoffs for 13+ years. Time to swing for the fences, fellas. And keep swinging until you connect).

its warmack @ 8 unless fisher or joeckel fall

Hope not. If the Bills take Warmack I see a team that has not improved themselves over last year. They basicly let levitre go and replaced him with Warmack -- at best an even swap for next year. Given that the starting QB is gone, two receivers gone, and top two tacklers on defense gone I see a team overall that will be worse next year. Not somethig to look forward to.