Eugene Cyril "Geno" Smith III - QB - West Virginia

I didn't see guys following him when they played Syracuse near season's end...Geno also does not have a good record in cold/bad weather games so why shouldn't he be off to Buffalo or Green Bay??? What is so unique about his skillset? What edge does he have in leadership as most of these QB's are good leaders generally as they have to be...Why do you feel others on here as you mentioned don't agree or see your point about Geno Smith? I would like to hear the specifics of your arguments rather than that he has an edge, good leadership, and can handle the media! Tim Tebow really handles the media better than almost anyone, and where has that got him?? Has he succeeded so far in the NFL in your opinion? Don't you think he has good leadership abilities as well? So maybe it's not only about those qualities? Do you think that maybe the big deal everyone made about Andrew Luck coming out last year was more about accuracy & technique? Those are real skillsets that I care about that are important. He was probably the biggest lock for success at QB that I've seen since the class of '83. Even Peyton versus Leaf didn't win a consensus lock! I really had a feeling about Colin Kapernick & Russel Wilson last year based on their history, technique and as long as they were placed in the right scheme...especially Wilson..I felt the research bore out that they would succeed and so far both are working out fairly nice aren't they? I just don't have that feeling about Geno Smith based on what I see. As a matter of fact he won't be a starter in 2013 just wait and see... I think that Nassib is a project that could develop into a solid QB, His best fit would be the Bills because of familiarity of the coaches, terminology, and the offensive scheme. I think Glennon & T. Wilson could possibly turn out to be decent QB's? I think it would be foolish in this draft to expend a top 10 pick for a QB though....and I study this stuff quite carefully..create my own war room, and know that we would have a team filled with Pro Bowlers if the Bills would've used my draft analysis year after year...ie: B. Orakapo, Von Miller, Hali Ngnata, Colin Kapernick, Rob Grankowski, & B. Cushing, etc...they would all be in a Bills uniform right now!!! Could you imagine? The only pick that I had slated as did the Bills when they drafted was Jairus Byrd as that was a dead ringer in my opinion, not too mention the blood line considering his Dad's NFL experiences! Don't get me wrong I do like C.J. Spiller a lot, but knowing the shelf life of a running back in the NFL and how far the Buffalo Bills had to go to become something decent, I would not have made the move to draft him. So it's premature, but I could eat crow on that pick...or maybe not? I know when you keep on cycling through star players at one position it's hard to gain ground when you keep filling the same holes ie: Travis Henry, Willis McGahee, Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson (as the primary back), now C.J. Spiller......I also did not like the pick of Leodis McKelvin (was it Troy State) if I remember...Just like that knucklehead QB we drafted and eventually released. I want talent that has competed at a high level...especially the S.E.C. if you ask me. As far as the draft there just might be another player that I like from C.J.'s alma mater, not too mention Alabama & Georgia...but I'll save that for another post!

Anyways, I got off subject a bit, but I don't have the time to go through all these threads so I go off on my tangent when I can so excuse me if you would...... So what are things the Bills MUST DO to become successful soon???

1. Draft the QB that the Bills have slated highest on their draft board. Trade up or down if possible to avoid a huge reach, but if they make up their mind on a QB they must get'er done! My personal feeling is that they will see who falls to their 2nd round pick as there could be several sliders including Matt Barkley, M. Glennon, and I wouldn't call R. Nassib a slide as evaluation would probably dictate the 3rd round, but he won't be there by then!

2. The Bills need to focus on defense on their 1st round pick unless they can trade down for multiple picks to a mid to late 1st round pick. I think the first round pick will be a LB. Possibly A. Olgatree or M. T'eo. I think T'eo could slide with all the recent contoroversy though so as of now A. Olgatree may be the pick? I know we need a WR, but you can get good WR's througout the draft.

3. I think keeping R. Fitzpatrick on the roster is a mistake. I like Ryan as far as being a good team player and a competitor, but I just don't think that he will ever improve enough to take a step forward. Please dump T. Thigphen as quickly as possible as that is a wasted roster spot! I would pick up one of the best free agent QB's available which isn't saying much!

4. Play to win, not to not to lose if that makes any sense? You win the coin toss...you get the ball and have confidence you are going to take the lead right off the bat. Play aggressive, go for it when you are inside the other team's 40 yard line. The point is play to win!!! Play to be in the lead instead of worrying about receiving the ball in the second half out of fear that you will be behind and have ground to make up. That's pathetic to me!!! Good Riddance Jauron II, I mean Gailey!

5. This coach needs to be the Captain of the Ship and should never do a Gailey and respond with "I don't know" "I don't have the answers" "Until I review the film I can't comment on that", and please always know what down it is!!!

I could go on with 45 other things etc...but the main thing is play aggressive always, play to score and win the game!!!

Last thing: I believe in the Analytics the Bills are adopting as that is generally how I approach each draft. I can study 3 or 4 draft guides, some video and interviews of prospective draftees, view a lot of opinions, coaching comments, and so-called expert review from kiper and all the different talent evaluators, and watch some of the college games, senior bowls, and the combine and barring injury or unknown factors make the correct decision 8 or 9 times out of 10! There will be times when you miss completely, and that is why I believe this is not the year to expend a first round pick on a QB ! At least not in the top 15...but it won't go that way as two QB's will go top 15 and probably within top 10!!!

Holy **** - I think I scrolled down over 25x's on my phone to get to the end of ur post.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the idea of trading back. I simulated a draftwhere we trade with St. Louis for their #16 and #22. Our RD3 and our #8 pick does the trick. They get their RB that they want, Giovani Bernard RBF North Carolina.

Our draft:

1A-Keenan Allen WRF California

1B-Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas

2---Alex Okafor OLB34 Texas

4--Chase Thomas OLB43 Stanford

5--Darius Slay CB Mississippi State

6--Stansly Maponga DE43 TCU

Looks great but you're missing one key point - Buddy Nix is outspoken that he does not understand the trade value charts and prefers to sit where he is at and pick; unless at age 74 he has now decided he feels comfortable moving around in the draft. He did hint earlier this year he might move UP to get a QB but that was it. We will stay at #8 and pick a pass rusher (OLB or DE), CB or reach for a QB if they fall in love at the combine.

• 3 weeks later...

......An effective, culturally neutral way of measuring someone's neural genetics is through reaction time (RT) testing.

Faster reaction time correlates to higher I.Q.....

I apologize for taking so long to respond to this point......hmmm......now I've forgotten what I was going to say.

Carry on. :thumbsup:

Trade up to #3 if possible and take Geno Smith.

1. He has by far the most physical tools of any QB in this draft to succeed at the next level.

2. He most likely will not be there at #8.

3. The thought of having TJax starting for us next season makes me want to vomit.

4. The thought of us drafting Nassib makes me want to vomit

4a. If we draft Nassib, I think (I could be wrong) that this wouuld be the first time in NFL history where a HC, OC, and QB all come to the NFL the same season from a single college program.

4b. For no other reason than 4a, I want nothing to do with Nassib. Ya, it's a silly reason, but holy sh*t, Syracuse, though Marrone got the most out of them, didn't do much of anything in a rather weak conference, so what the heck should we expect from the same exact group in the NFL. Do we make the Syracuse Athletic Director the Bills GM next? Shoot me. :death:

There really isn't a single QB in this draft (other than Geno) that excites me in any way. We need the draft picks but I'd be willing to trade away our first 3 picks this year and take a chance (for once) on a premier QB prospect. If not this season, with a completely different regime, when?

1. He has by far the most physical tools of any QB in this draft to succeed at the next level.

3. The thought of having TJax starting for us next season makes me want to vomit.

4a. If we draft Nassib, I think (I could be wrong) that this wouuld be the first time in NFL history where a HC, OC, and QB all come to the NFL the same season from a single college program.

4b. For no other reason than 4a, I want nothing to do with Nassib. Ya, it's a silly reason, but holy sh*t, Syracuse, though Marrone got the most out of them, didn't do much of anything in a rather weak conference, so what the heck should we expect from the same exact group in the NFL. Do we make the Syracuse Athletic Director the Bills GM next? Shoot me. :death:

There really isn't a single QB in this draft (other than Geno) that excites me in any way. We need the draft picks but I'd be willing to trade away our first 3 picks this year and take a chance (for once) on a premier QB prospect. If not this season, with a completely different regime, when?

I wouldn't want him at 8 much less 3. And to give up 3 picks? Maybe the worst idea I ever read on here

Full on tank mode. Bring in Tebow. One year, league minimum. Draft a QB #1 or #2 overall in 2014. Trading picks to draft Geno Smith is just exactly something Buddy would do. That's why they are where they are. Moves like that are why the Bills are a continual joke. Draft a LB at #8. Take a WR and QB in the 2nd and 3rd. It doesn't matter what QB you draft in the 3rd round. You take a shot there, not at #3 or #8 in the first round, knowing full well Manzell, McCarron, Thomas, Murray and Mettenburger are first round prospects in 2014.

I agree, they need to get him, and now. This team is decimated. More holes then swiss cheese. It all starts at the QB position. The odds are though that Buddy Nix will screw this draft up like he has the past 3, so brace for another decade of suckitude. My guess is Buddy will try to be smart and wait until the 2nd round pick, when any even slightly potential franchise QBs are long gone and we are stuck with Tarvaris Jackson for the next few years. Didn't he say something about a 3 year plan when he came in here? It has been over 3 years and this team is in worse shape then it was when he arrive. Edited by BuffBill

I wouldn't want him at 8 much less 3. And to give up 3 picks? Maybe the worst idea I ever read on here

Yes, they might as well play it out with Jackson, and draft number one next year. To draft a bust and give up needed picks to move up for him would set the franchise back for years.

Full on tank mode. Bring in Tebow. One year, league minimum. Draft a QB #1 or #2 overall in 2014. Trading picks to draft Geno Smith is just exactly something Buddy would do. That's why they are where they are. Moves like that are why the Bills are a continual joke. Draft a LB at #8. Take a WR and QB in the 2nd and 3rd. It doesn't matter what QB you draft in the 3rd round. You take a shot there, not at #3 or #8 in the first round, knowing full well Manzell, McCarron, Thomas, Murray and Mettenburger are first round prospects in 2014.

1. Marrone didn't come to the NFL to go "full on tank mode"

2. Who the heck knows if Manziel will even declare next year or what injuries there will be in college. What if Clowney blows out his knee? We don't know - 1,000 factors in one year to consider.

3. What if we finish 6-10 again? Then what? Do we trade up THEN? Or do we continue "full on tank mode"

4. Do the players know we're "full on tank mode"? Just curious.

Edited by bobobonators