TKO on the market

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clements??? He wasn't worth $80 million. Winfield shouldn't have been allowed to leave.

Winfield was the guy who should have been kept at all cost. P. Williams was already on the wrong side of thirty when he left. Minnesota got lucky he lasted that long. Fletcher is better than anything we have but is still so terribly ovverrated. He is deserving of a reasonable contract but he wanted top ILB money. He was not Urlacher or Ray Lewis - not even close. Clements - that was an easy decision. He was good but no one in Buffalo or most of the rest of the league thought he was worth what San Francisco paid him.

@JasonLaCanfora

Chargers are releasing LB Takeo Spikes today - 2 time Pro Bowler and tackling machine intends to play a 15th season

Love the way this guy plays the game. Hope he gets a shot to get a ring.

hope he goes back to SF to backup and get a ring.

I wish they'd take a look at Eric Winston. Former Texan RT, played last year for KC. This probably telegraphs the Chefs are going OT @ #1.

he'd be a good pickup

Winfield was the guy who should have been kept at all cost. P. Williams was already on the wrong side of thirty when he left. Minnesota got lucky he lasted that long. Fletcher is better than anything we have but is still so terribly ovverrated. He is deserving of a reasonable contract but he wanted top ILB money. He was not Urlacher or Ray Lewis - not even close. Clements - that was an easy decision. He was good but no one in Buffalo or most of the rest of the league thought he was worth what San Francisco paid him.

Wrong side of thirty please?! Big Pat was stud for a long time in Minnesota and we haven't had a good run defense since he left.

Wrong side of thirty please?! Big Pat was stud for a long time in Minnesota and we haven't had a good run defense since he left.

But Pat also was *ONLY* effective when he had Ted Washington by his side (in Buffalo) and the other Williams (in Minnesota). I still think he was a good player and should not have been let go. Greg Williams made too much noise and little to show for it.

Why stop at Spikes? Lets get London Fletcher and form the Old and Broken LB corps

Can you also get Eddie Robinson Please!

You can't put Spikes on that list. He had a major injury and wasn't worth what he was paid. That said, he's reinvented himself as a solid ILB and I love the guy. I'd welcome him back if the price was right. But for some reason, he just can't make the playoffs, no matter where he goes.

So he'd be a perfect fit in Buffalo!

At his age he isnt going to command a huge salary......and frankly I still like him as a player......we are in need of another MLB

Bring Takeo back.....

This. People act like we are going to have to take him with our 1st round pick. Our ILB position is TERRIBLE at the moment. He would be the best ILB we have, would not cost a lot, is a good locker room presence, wants to play for the Bills, and could mentor the younger ILB's we get. There is zero downside to signing him. Normally you could argue he is taking away playing time from the young guys. They had that last year, and stunk it up.

This. People act like we are going to have to take him with our 1st round pick. Our ILB position is TERRIBLE at the moment. He would be the best ILB we have, would not cost a lot, is a good locker room presence, wants to play for the Bills, and could mentor the younger ILB's we get. There is zero downside to signing him. Normally you could argue he is taking away playing time from the young guys. They had that last year, and stunk it up.

The only two things I will say as a negative is that Spikes will take away time from younger players and he doesn't know the system. At least with a guy like Bart Scott you get someone who can help teach the new system. Spikes would likely be learning along with the new guys.

Hopefully they can bring in a couple of LB's, a NT, and a Guard before the draft gets here. That being said if they did bring in Spikes it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Edited by billsfan89