Vikings release Antoine Winfield, Signs with the Seahawks.

Whoa!!! Not saying I want him anymore but he's been pretty productive even at 35+

Just very Suprised he's been cut. I'm thinking the Vikings are looking to make major deals this FA period. Maybe pick Moss up as well to finish off his career.

$7.5+ million against the cap and refused to take a pay cut is why he was released. There will be a market for him but don't think he will make that much at his age.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have been a team full of stop gaps for well over a decade. Why would a 36 year old player who is near the end of his career ever sign here? He wouldn't take a pay cut. Why would he take a pay cut to come back here? No chance.

The Bills have been a team full of stop gaps for well over a decade. Why would a 36 year old player who is near the end of his career ever sign here? He wouldn't take a pay cut. Why would he take a pay cut to come back here? No chance.

Because players weigh at least ten different things when deciding on a new team, and every player's order of importance and weight they put on each factor is slightly different: Money. Super Bowl or Playoff Potential, job available on that team (potential to be star/starter/backup, etc), City, Franchise, Defense played (or offense), Coaching (both HC and Coordinator), Teammates, their family's preference, history with that team or area.

I suppose we can go into the year with Brooks as the 3rd corner, but adding a vet for a couple years is how teams fill out their roster. Keeping money and whether he'd sign here aside, who wouldn't prefer Winfield?

any 36 yr old CB is nuts to turn down any money to play in the NFL...i bet its a bit more complex than just that --and that he would barely make above what he was guaranteed. I doubt they gave him a real offer. 36 is just ancient.

Seconded. I balked when I saw his age but seriously, those numbers from last year are phenomenal It's certainly worth considering, especially as his price would likely be on the lower end and I would immediately feel better about our CB situation.

The Vikings cut him because he was due 6.5M. I don't think he is coming to the Bills to play at Veteran Minimum !!