Vikings release Antoine Winfield, Signs with the Seahawks.

@ProFootballWkly

Per @TomPelissero, the #Vikings just released CB Antoine Winfield. Will be 36 in June. Had 101 tackles, 12 PDs, 3 INTs last season.

@JasonLaCanfora

Antoine Winfield's 1yr deal with Seattle worth $2M including bonuses for games played. Another value move for Seahawks

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa!!! Not saying I want him anymore but he's been pretty productive even at 35+

Just very Suprised he's been cut. I'm thinking the Vikings are looking to make major deals this FA period. Maybe pick Moss up as well to finish off his career.

Whoa!!! Not saying I want him anymore but he's been pretty productive even at 35+

Seconded. I balked when I saw his age but seriously, those numbers from last year are phenomenal It's certainly worth considering, especially as his price would likely be on the lower end and I would immediately feel better about our CB situation.

@caplannfl

Vikings are a mess. Not saying Winfield should still be starting, but they need major help at several positions. CB is yet another one.

@IanKenyonNFL

For what it's worth. @PFF rated Antoine Winfield as the best cornerback in football last season. Was just released to save $7.25 mil.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This is the write up from rotoworld. Pretty impressive season, no?

It's a financial move. Winfield played on 94 percent of the snaps last season, grading out as ProFootballFocus' best run-defending corner and also allowing zero touchdowns in the passing game. But he declined a paycut, so the Vikings made the questionable decision to save $7.5 million and move on. Although Winfield is entering his age-36 season, he'll find plenty of interest on the open market as a physical slot corner.