Draft that will make you want to jump off a building

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any draft with nassib before the 4th is a waste of a pick and a nightmare as far as I am concerned.

I will be very annoyed with any draft where Mike Glennon is the first or only QB the Bills take.

After reading the Kiper Mock Thread it got me thinking about a draft that people would hate. I am not talking about something ridiculous like a punter in the 1st round but guys that just do not make sense (kind of like Whitner when Ngata was on the board). I guess that I will take a shot:

1st - Jonathan Cooper

2nd - John Jenkins

3rd - Mike Glennon

I hate the idea of a guard in the top 10, I think that DT is not a need at all (especially with Branch signing) and I just do not like Glennon as a prospect. I like his arm but not much else appeals to me. I would hate the above draft.

I only went 3 rounds because I think that it is really difficult to hate a 6th round pick before they play a game. You can always use 20/20 hindsight on mid-late round picks but at the time you are filling holes.

yours???

Not so sure I'd be upset with John Jenkins...dude's a beast! Branch effectively replaces Spencer Johnson (and from what I hear from a football guy that's a huge Hawks fan, we will be very happy with him). There is an * next to Kyle Williams nowadays...which stinks cuz I really like the dude, especially if he returns to 2010 form. I think Jenkins can be a true NT for many years to come.

UFA qb: romo, warner

UFA rb: arian foster, fred jackson

UFA wr: wes welker, victor cruz

UFA te: antonio gates

UFA ol: jason peters, jeff saturday

UFA lb: james harrison, bart scott, fletcher

UFA dl pat williams...

In fact, why are we even drafting 1st and 2nd rounders at all, when we could just stockpile UDFA's at every position.

THANK YOU. You are right on. The exception does not disprove a general rule.

UFA qb: romo, warner

UFA rb: arian foster, fred jackson

UFA wr: wes welker, victor cruz

UFA te: antonio gates

UFA ol: jason peters, jeff saturday

UFA lb: james harrison, bart scott, fletcher

UFA dl pat williams...

In fact, why are we even drafting 1st and 2nd rounders at all, when we could just stockpile UDFA's at every position.

Yep. Now we should list the 20,387 other UDFA who suck and never did squat, making the chance of finding one in a thousand.

After reading the Kiper Mock Thread it got me thinking about a draft that people would hate. I am not talking about something ridiculous like a punter in the 1st round but guys that just do not make sense (kind of like Whitner when Ngata was on the board). I guess that I will take a shot:

1st - Jonathan Cooper

2nd - John Jenkins

3rd - Mike Glennon

I hate the idea of a guard in the top 10, I think that DT is not a need at all (especially with Branch signing) and I just do not like Glennon as a prospect. I like his arm but not much else appeals to me. I would hate the above draft.

I only went 3 rounds because I think that it is really difficult to hate a 6th round pick before they play a game. You can always use 20/20 hindsight on mid-late round picks but at the time you are filling holes.

yours???

Geno Smith. Won't get the Sunday Ticket if he is drafted by the Bills............

It is amazing how different people's perspective is this year. I feel like most years there are a couple of ways that this team could go. This year some people are going to love the direction that they take and others are going to hate it. I don't know if it speaks more to the uncertainty at the top of the draft the perceived depth at areas of need, or the number of holes on the current roster. It is going to be interesting for sure. I have a preference as for how I would like them to draft but it will be difficult for me to see how this team doesn't improve quite a bit during this draft (even more so than most years). These guys will be counted on to contribute immediately which you don't always see.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1st - Jonathan Cooper

2nd - John Jenkins

3rd - Mike Glennon

yours???

If we take a guard in the top 10, it had better be Warmack. otherwise, NO.

We do need a top corner like Milliner for our defense to be effective.

Millner looks like a beast. I would generally go nuts if they draft a CB, but I'd be okay with him. Anyone else, no. But I still want Olgetree at 8. I'm warming up to the idea of Austin --WR WVU.

I would not jump off a building regardless of how the draft goes. However, I would be more than a little ticked if the Bills waste their #1 on Nassib without trading way down. My two cents.

Im glad I read thru the posts first, b/c this is my exact thought. I already have 1 foot out the door of rooting for this organization after 22 years. If that draft nassib with their first overall pick Im done.

Does not bother me at all 3 needs addressed appropriately. The presence of Spiller is an impact multiplier when drafting offensive line. The right O linemen combined with an elite back allow you to dictate to the D. In addition with a QB like Kolb he was shell shocked last year by a poor line.

I am afraid you grossly overestimate the value of a premier running game.

The year Spiller was drafted the leading rusher in the AFC was Chris Johnson and the NFC was Steven Jackson. Both were on bad teams, of course. Didn't stop the Bills from dipping into the first round RB pool for the third time in 7 drafts.

Last year AP had to rush for 2100 yards to help squeeeek the Vikings into the playoffs. Spiller would finish the season in a pine box if they worked him like that. The Bills will need a diverse offense to take advantage of Spiller's ability.

Geno Smith in the first would bum me out, but I probably wouldn't jump off a building. I like some of the things about Smith including that he is reportedly smart, by most accounts a hard worker, has a good arm and is athletic enough to make some plays with his feet. Yet (just my opinion), it seems that he should have been able to do more with his team. With 2 highly regarded NFL prospects playing WR and Smith at QB, West Virginia lost 5 games in a row and was 2-6 in their last 8 games (including their bowl loss to a less talented Syracuse team).

Smith has the physical talent to be a good starting QB, but I am not seeing how he was able to elevate his team to success. I know that the team's defense was quite weak, but at least according to many here, a good QB can overcome a lack of talent in other areas of the team.

The problem the Bills have had with drafting CBs is that they haven't had a DL that could generate a hint of pressure much of the time. It's like buying a shiny new deep threat WR and not having a QB that can throw deep. Or having a QB with zero mobility and putting a bargain bin o-line in front of him.

You mean like the last 3 drafts under Nix?

Yea, this team drafting more DB's, because they don't have the evaluators to get it right the first time, and then when they do find a decent player they let them walk.

As long as Buddy Nix is in charge of this draft its the same as it ever was the last 13 years.