Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

it will be absolutely gut wrenching if they take this kid in the 1st or 2nd round. Just watch the USC tape, he is not an accurate passer. We just He is massively overrated from a very average college program/conference. Think about it, we need a QB to compete with Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc. He is the key cog in the master plan to turn this thing around? I'm done if they draft this kid. Hopefully it is all a smokescreen. Sorry, needed to vent!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing there isn't a gigantic thread about Nassib specifically for sentiments like this...

I know, right?

it will be absolutely gut wrenching if they take this kid in the 1st or 2nd round. Just watch the USC tape, he is not an accurate passer. We just He is massively overrated from a very average college program/conference.

Title change needed: "Please Do Not Draft Nassib Barkley." There, it looked as if you had mixed up the QB's.

I strongly believe that Kaepernick and Wilson, especially the former, can sit in the pocket and pass too. The read-option may be a fad, certainly one that defenses can better prepare for in the future, but it's not like Kaep and Wilson are Tebow. There is absolutely no downside to having a QB that can scramble if necessary.

That said, I don't think Nassib is as athletic as them, but he is pretty mobile in the pocket from what I've seen.

I didn't mean to imply that Wilson and Kaepernick can't throw from the pocket as well. I, like everyone, have been blown away by Wilson's overall command of the 'Hawks, and Kaepernick fired some incredibly precise lasers down the seam during the 49ers run. And Aaron Rodgers is a pocket guy who is also an excellent scrambler - very difficult to defend. Watching Nassib, he reminds me of Rodgers quite a bit.

My point was more that all this loose talk along the lines of "the NFL is changing; you need QBs that can run these new offenses with read-option stuff" is hogwash and has zero evidence of historical success.

Now that Chip Kelly fella and his revolutionary signaling system w/5-hour energy tempo? ... he may be on to something.

Then again, Marchibroda and Belicheat have already shown that kind of thing can work well.

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp

Anybody who says that Ryan Nassib is not an accurate passer just doesnt know what they are talking about.......

Simple as that.

I think people are getting to worked up about the fact that he is from Syracuse and the new HC is from there as well...its not Nassib's fault that Morrone was hired.

And Barkeley is a accurate passer as well.

Why is it so hard to understand that either one of these guys fits this WCO offense?

Anybody who says that Ryan Nassib is not an accurate passer just doesnt know what they are talking about.......

Simple as that.

I think people are getting to worked up about the fact that he is from Syracuse and the new HC is from there as well...its not Nassib's fault that Morrone was hired.

And Barkeley is a accurate passer as well.

Why is it so hard to understand that either one of these guys fits this WCO offense?

Isn't it more than just picking a guy because he fits a scheme? Shouldn't the guy have the potential to be great if he is going to turn the Franchise around? He definitely lacks touch on his throws and I just don't find him talented enough to compete with the best in the NFL.

Watching Syracuse this season I didn't think to myself, "Wow, that was an NFL throw" or even thought he would be a first round pick in the upcoming draft.. his coaching staff getting hired on in the NFL moved his draft stock more than anything he did this season. Don't get me wrong he had a decent season but I'm not that excited about him as a pro. I think the Bills picking him at 8 will be a huge mistake.

Ryan Nassib throws an ugly football. I'm sorry 'Cuse fans, but it's just....ugly. From the huge windup to the shotput-like heave. He even finishes ugly, often kicking his right leg up in the air at a 90 degree angle. I can't even watch 2 highlight videos back-to-back, I have to take a break in between. This is a 3rd round talent. I am now convinced that if we can't trade down we are going to take him at 8, and that is horrifying. At least we will be the Vegas favorites to win the Pinstripe Bowl.

Watching Syracuse this season I didn't think to myself, "Wow, that was an NFL throw" or even thought he would be a first round pick in the upcoming draft..

Until any of them actually makes a throw in the NFL, I'm not sure how you can say "that was an NFL throw". Even the elite teams aren't playing NFL caliber defensive backs at every position. To say the point is lame is an understatement. Regardless, I don't want Nassib in the first round. No question about it. I would rather draft Landry Jones with the 2nd or 3rd round pick. That kid has a cannon for an arm and a ton of experience. He was forced to play small ball at Oklahoma, but appears to have the skills to be good.

I'm going to say it when Nassib is drafted, but know I won't live up to it because I'm a masochist.

Ok, i will play along, I am so done with this team if they take a OG or S at 8, (not really done. I will just whine about it alot)

If Marrone, his college coach, likes him enough to draft him at #8 that would make me feel pretty damn good.

Marrone not only knows a lot more about football than I do, but he also knows way more about Nassib than any scout, GM, or other coach possibly could. There would be no reason for me to second guess that pick under these circumstances.

Marrone and nassib. Gailey and Fitz. Lets not annoint Marrone the master yet, our track record of good coaches lately has been poor.

Feels like another terrible 1st round pick..

Edited by Ryan L Billz

it will be absolutely gut wrenching if they take this kid in the 1st or 2nd round. Just watch the USC tape, he is not an accurate passer. We just He is massively overrated from a very average college program/conference. Think about it, we need a QB to compete with Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc. He is the key cog in the master plan to turn this thing around? I'm done if they draft this kid. Hopefully it is all a smokescreen. Sorry, needed to vent!

really watch that again. Nassib had a real good game. 30/46 Over 300 yards 2 TD's. he had 2 INT's one of them was a tipped ball. His WR's dropped at least 5 very catch-able balls as well

USC ran the ball all day, and Syracuse couldn't stop the USC run attack. USC had pressure on Nassib all day long as well.

I hope they draft Nasisb just so a few people will "Be DONE"

So in other words, your answer to Kelly's question is "yes."

:lol:

Ryan Nassib throws an ugly football. I'm sorry 'Cuse fans, but it's just....ugly. From the huge windup to the shotput-like heave.

Huge windup?

Really?

Nassib has a short, compact windup.

I agree that he is a pusher/putter, kinda like Trent was but that makes for a quick release.

Isn't it more than just picking a guy because he fits a scheme? Shouldn't the guy have the potential to be great if he is going to turn the Franchise around? He definitely lacks touch on his throws and I just don't find him talented enough to compete with the best in the NFL.

Watching Syracuse this season I didn't think to myself, "Wow, that was an NFL throw" or even thought he would be a first round pick in the upcoming draft.. his coaching staff getting hired on in the NFL moved his draft stock more than anything he did this season. Don't get me wrong he had a decent season but I'm not that excited about him as a pro. I think the Bills picking him at 8 will be a huge mistake.

He was getting better every year

Ryan Nassib throws an ugly football. I'm sorry 'Cuse fans, but it's just....ugly. From the huge windup to the shotput-like heave. He even finishes ugly, often kicking his right leg up in the air at a 90 degree angle. I can't even watch 2 highlight videos back-to-back, I have to take a break in between. This is a 3rd round talent. I am now convinced that if we can't trade down we are going to take him at 8, and that is horrifying. At least we will be the Vegas favorites to win the Pinstripe Bowl.

Ok, I read this and then just spent the last ten minutes specifically watching highlight video of Nassib. You're. Dead. Wrong.

You would think so but alas, there it is on tape lol

A shotput release, in football, implies no extension of the arms, and almost always a weak armed thrower. Nassib has a quick, compact release and guns the ball.

I think people also mistake scrambling and pure running ability/speed with mobility. Nassib moves fine and is not all that slow, except in a 40 yard dash. His mobility behind the line is more than fine and he rolls out and throws on the run pretty darn good. That particular video had a lot of evidence of that.

You know actually he doesn't look that bad in that video. But isn't that cherrypicking the best throws out of a 4 year career? Now watch the USC video.

Nassib aside, your response is annoying. He posted the video you asked him for, why would you not post the video you want people to watch?

QCity, I've watched hundreds of Nassib's throws.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Definitely. maybe beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. It looks ugly to me. Very ugly.

Nassib aside, your response is annoying. He posted the video you asked him for, why would you not post the video you want people to watch?

my bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhgDOOq3hDY

Definitely. maybe beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. It looks ugly to me. Very ugly.

my bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhgDOOq3hDY

What I want to see is that Brady video against the Bills in the season opener in 2004 I think it was. I told you all Brady was a fraud. That proved it and he's been a POS since... just like I told you.

Sorry if I didn't read all 86 pages of this thread, but has anyone mentioned that Jeremy White and Mike Schoop want Nassib?

That should say enough about him. One guy who admits he knows nothing about the NFL wants him, along with another who thinks he knows a lot but thought Johnson was better than Flutie and thought Fitzawful was tremendous. :D