Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find these kind of rating systems interesting as well. However, they even recognize that their system has faults (See Colt McCoy and Brady Quinn). The one thing that should disqualify Ryan Nassib from this evaluation system is this...

"The system is only meant to be used on players chosen in the first two days of the draft"

I think Nassib has been the most over rated prospect by the mock drafters of the world.

Every year, it seems as though there is a QB who is barely known and who gets "puffed up" by the draft into Wonderboy.

Blaine Gabbert is the most severe examples I can think of recently. I live in Missouri and I was like "C'mon man!".

I'm not sure Nassib is as severe, it just kind of has that feel to me

Kinda like when Gailey and his staff coached Kelvin Sheppard in the Senior Bowl and fell in love with him?

Worse. In 2011 the Bills drafted so many guys Gailey coached from the Sr Bowl it seemed they were exclusively relying on that one experience for their draft scouting, but more "best available player we liked from Sr Bowl" than "in love with him".

Choice, now, that seemed like a case of Gailey having coached the guy in college and being in love with him.

There's no worse judge for Nassib that Marrone and/or Hackett.

The only know their mediocre college QB. Period.

I consider them intelligent men, but DON'T expect them to give a fair report to Nix and Whaley. In fact, I expect their report to be be pretty f_____g biased.

Nix wants him at eight, but if he's getting his intel from the same guy who scouted TJ Graham, we're screwed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Buddy blew this pick.

I have nothing personal against the kid. -But I've watched him play and he's not an NFL starting prospect.

-No offense intended to 3rd and 12, -I've watched Nassib for YEARS, and think he could someday be a serviceable backup.

no offense taken. :thumbsup:

I think it's the NFL HC job he now has, that demands him to unbiased and recommend the best players to Nix.

No success comes without critical thinking and cold logic.

I am just guessing of course.

I find it hard to believe Nassib is going to make it to the 2nd round. There is no doubt in my mind he is worlds better than Geno Smith. Based on game specific youtube tape the competition wasn't even close.

Nassib makes great down field throws and looks comfortable doing it. He stands in the pocket and takes some hits. He shows up when it really matters in games as well. Against USC he had a few mishaps.

Geno Smith gets ALOT of help from his receivers. West Virginia has great YAC numbers. Smith missed some easy out routes. He throws a ton of screen passes which are often off the mark. He overthrew an easy touchdown by a mile against Oklahoma. I believe it was a crucial part in the game as well. The worst part is he gets skittish in the pocket. He's throwing off his back foot all the time and not hanging in there. Im sure the "experts" are watching more than the 3 games I watched but jesus christ. This guy looks like a disaster.

I watched Smith vs. Kansas St, Oklahoma, & Oklahoma St.

Nassib vs. Missouri, Louisville, USC

I find it hard to believe Nassib is going to make it to the 2nd round. There is no doubt in my mind he is worlds better than Geno Smith. Based on game specific youtube tape the competition wasn't even close.

Nassib makes great down field throws and looks comfortable doing it. He stands in the pocket and takes some hits. He shows up when it really matters in games as well. Against USC he had a few mishaps.

Geno Smith gets ALOT of help from his receivers. West Virginia has great YAC numbers. Smith missed some easy out routes. He throws a ton of screen passes which are often off the mark. He overthrew an easy touchdown by a mile against Oklahoma. I believe it was a crucial part in the game as well. The worst part is he gets skittish in the pocket. He's throwing off his back foot all the time and not hanging in there. Im sure the "experts" are watching more than the 3 games I watched but jesus christ. This guy looks like a disaster.

I watched Smith vs. Kansas St, Oklahoma, & Oklahoma St.

Nassib vs. Missouri, Louisville, USC

Dude ran a 5.09 in the 40 yard dash. He was slower than 12 offensive lineman at the combine. He was slower than all of the defensive players save for a couple of DTs. That is what I'd call a nonstarter.

Nassib is simply not fast enough nor athletic enough for the NFL starter QB position. Especially in combination with his short and stocky build and that below average NFL arm. BTW, he throws a horrible deep ball.

He looks good in college because it's college and the big east conference he's playing against. He projects as a backup only QB in the NFL. There's no way the Bills draft this guy. If they do, I'll officially be off the Doug Marrone band wagon seeing how he would be a complete idiot hitching his first head coaching gig wagon to Ryan Nassib.

The dude you should start looking at is Matt Scott. He has everything but a long resume. Dude got almost knocked out in the USC game, had a concussion, he threw up because of it and STILL brought his team back to win against USC putting up almost 50 points in the process. Where's a Ryan Nassib story like that?

Edited by 1billsfan

Marrone knows this. He knows Geno Smith is a head case....and not worthy of a 1st round pick. He pasted em hard at Syracuse. Thankfully we dont have to worry about Smith being drafted by the Bills. Barkley is the guy. They'll draft Barkley if he's available. Otherwise they'll take a Nassib..Manual..Bray..Glennon ...Scott etc. in round 2-3-4.

Edited by jaybee

Dude ran a 5.09 in the 40 yard dash. He was slower than 12 offensive lineman at the combine. He was slower than all of the defensive players save for a couple of DTs. That is what I'd call a nonstarter.

Such nonsense. Nassib is a pocket passer with moderate escapability. He's not going to outrun a defense and it doesn't matter because its not his game. The only thing that matters is if he moves well in the pocket and can escape pressure. You don't need to run a 4.5 to do that.

Nassib is simply not fast enough nor athletic enough for the NFL starter QB position. Especially in combination with his short and stocky build and that below average NFL arm. BTW, he throws a horrible deep ball.

More nonsense. Nassib is a legitimate 6'2 with a good frame. Certainly not short or undersized for the QB position in any way.

Also, Nassib does not have a below average NFL arm. He throws with good velocity (too much at times) and has very good arm strength. The only thing you can criticize about his arm is the lack of touch at times.

He looks good in college because it's college and the big east conference he's playing against. He projects as a backup only QB in the NFL. There's no way the Bills draft this guy. If they do, I'll officially be off the Doug Marrone band wagon seeing how he would be a complete idiot hitching his first head coaching gig wagon to Ryan Nassib.

Okay

The dude you should start looking at is Matt Scott. He has everything but a long resume. Dude got almost knocked out in the USC game, had a concussion, he threw up because of it and STILL brought his team back to win against USC putting up almost 50 points in the process. Where's a Ryan Nassib story like that?

You're probably the biggest Matt Scott nut hunger around and it causes you to look foolish when you talk about other QB prospects.

Edited by Bangarang

Thank you. Same thing I`ve been saying about Nassib. The Domer is a slower Fitz.

Thank you. Same thing I`ve been saying about Nassib. The Domer is a slower Fitz.

Like I said. You'll warm up to Nassib. This 40 stuff is such a non issue. BTW... Have you ever watched Brady run? Ever see Marino run... or was he before your time? And, questioning Nassib's arm strength. C'mon, you're probably a die hard Penn State fan envious that Nassib didn't go there. Go back and watch the video... this time at regular speed, not slow motion.

Be objective. The top six qbs all have decent measureables. Some have better guns, some better wheels, some better height, some bigger hands (Nassib), some bigger hearts. Not all are a good fit for the Bills and what they're going to do but one of them is.

Remember, a lot of teams didn't think a lot of Russell Wilson.

Comparing Nassib to Fitz is just wrong on so many levels.

I posted a video of Nassibs ability to make his reads and deliver the football with Brady like precision and its like you didn't even look at it. Maybe you didn't. As long as Marrone realizes what he has in Nassib and I'm sure he does,

its all that really matters...

Like I said. You'll warm up to Nassib. This 40 stuff is such a non issue. BTW... Have you ever watched Brady run? Ever see Marino run... or was he before your time? And, questioning Nassib's arm strength. C'mon, you're probably a die hard Penn State fan envious that Nassib didn't go there. Go back and watch the video... this time at regular speed, not slow motion.

Be objective. The top six qbs all have decent measureables. Some have better guns, some better wheels, some better height, some bigger hands (Nassib), some bigger hearts. Not all are a good fit for the Bills and what they're going to do but one of them is.

Remember, a lot of teams didn't think a lot of Russell Wilson.

You were fine until that last part. -WRONG, but fine.

Comparing Wilson's collegiate body of work, to some 8-5 scrub, who's slower than molasses, and owns the personality of cardboard is wrong in ways yet to be discovered by science. You should really track down some footage of Wilson's college games... Sounds to me like you haven't seen any.

Edited by #34fan