Colt McCoy To Be Released Soon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point there isnt a QB out there, who is available, who could turn this team around. So I say bring him in so we can have a sucktitude stable of QBs that will lead us to an abysmal record in hopes of drafting a REAL QB come 2014! :thumbsup:

At this point there isnt a QB out there, who is available, who could turn this team around. So I say bring him in so we can have a sucktitude stable of QBs that will lead us to an abysmal record in hopes of drafting a REAL QB come 2014! :thumbsup:

Well if you're looking for a short stub of a mediocre, slow-moving, slow-footed QB whose arm scares no one, McCoy is your guy.

Im all for it and ill explain why:

-Aside from Josh Cribbs, name one skilled offensive player McCoy had to throw to while he was their QB

-He can be signed on the cheap for likely no compensation

-Hes mobile, accurate, and actually had a decent rookie season for the Browns

-He fell in the draft due to short stature ...sounds a little like Russel Wilson to me.

-Who the hell else do we have?!!

If anything McCoy presents himself is a solid veteran player who can either backup the guy we draft or hold the fort down for a year while that guy develops. He has raw tools to make plays in the NFL and he's never been given a fair shot.

So again. why the hell not?

Edited by TallskiWallski83

I'd rather have the QB who put up these great stats in a 4 year college career:

1157 completions, 1645 attempts, 70.3% CAREER completion rate, 112 TDs, 45 s

That was Colt McCoy's college career stat line. Now, I am not advocating picking him up, but I wouldn't be opposed. My point is, you don't find much better career stats than that, but yet he isn't a top flight NFL QB. Statistics can be deceiving.

For comparison, Geno Smith's career stats are:

988 - 1365, 67.4%, 98 TDs 21 Ints

Again, I am not saying that Smith isn't a better prospect than Colt McCoy was - he clearly has more physical talent, but McCoy's stats compare very favorably especially when you consider that Smith had 2 high level NFL WRs to throw to and McCoy did not.