UPDATE: LB Karlos Dansby good match for new Bills defense scheme?

Nix didn't sound too enthusiastic about it last night. Said "It didn't work out" before the draft, and that they are still going to talk but it lessens the need because of Alonso can play inside. It could be just tactics to get Dansby and his agents to meet the Bills price but not sure. I still think we need him and should sign him.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. It's making a little more sense although it always seemed to be about money. If the Bills didn't take Alonso (or Minter), then Dansby would have been a higher priority and the Bills may have been more willing to meet his asking price or at least close in on it. Now that we did take one, we don't have to, and now Dansby has to decide if he is willing to take the Bills offer, combined with what other teams might be offering now that the draft has passed and they didnt take one. It doesn't sound good but we don't know what Dansby is going to get offered. He will probably sign with a contender for a lot less than he wanted and asked for. I still hope he takes ours.

Yep. It's making a little more sense although it always seemed to be about money. If the Bills didn't take Alonso (or Minter), then Dansby would have been a higher priority and the Bills may have been more willing to meet his asking price or at least close in on it. Now that we did take one, we don't have to, and now Dansby has to decide if he is willing to take the Bills offer, combined with what other teams might be offering now that the draft has passed and they didnt take one. It doesn't sound good but we don't know what Dansby is going to get offered. He will probably sign with a contender for a lot less than he wanted and asked for. I still hope he takes ours.

Here's to hoping!

Sounds right. From what I understand he was due 8.2 mil from Miami had he remained on their roster. I'm guessing Buffalo would sign him for maybe...a two year 9 mil deal...maybe? Who knows, but it must have been less than Karlos is wanting to fetch. Good for Nix I suppose, not over-paying beyond the perceived value.

jb

If no one else is willing to pony up, maybe he takes the Bills Offer.

After the draft and getting Alonso, Id rather use the money to getting Byrd and Wood locked up.

+1

As I now hear of other teams who are interested, I hope the Bills have enough sense to not overpay, especially with impending situations involving Byrd and Wood.

If Dansby comes at an affordable price then signing him would be savvy. But I doubt that his asking price will be low

+1

As I now hear of other teams who are interested, I hope the Bills have enough sense to not overpay, especially with impending situations involving Byrd and Wood.

If Dansby comes at an affordable price then signing him would be savvy. But I doubt that his asking price will be low

If it was low he would've been on a roster a month ago. That's why I didnt think there was some secret agreement in place, simply dansby trying to extract every cent he can. Might be the last time he signs a deal - can't blame him.

+1

It's obvious they are not going to overpay or he would have been signed by now.

Who were Danby's other suitors? After the draft, he might not have much choice and Buddy may be putting the screws to him to get him to accept their offer.

Yea, with a number of guys inside getting deals he shouldn't have a ton of options. Minnesota maybe? They didnt full MLB til very late if I remember correctly. Did Chicago?

Who were Danby's other suitors? After the draft, he might not have much choice and Buddy may be putting the screws to him to get him to accept their offer.

That's what I think. The problem arises when Dansby realizes he's not going to get the money he wanted, does he want to come to a team like the Bills? This might be his best offer, and he may like Pettine and the way the team is looking. Buddy, however, didn't sound enthusiastic.