Let's take some guesses why OBD isn't doing anything

I love to bust chops as much as most and more than some in these parts, but what a difference a year makes.

Last year at this time everyone was like a lab rat on crack pushing F5 every ten seconds. This year, crickets.

I think the older crowd here understands the basics of what's going on at OBD now. But the hotpockets crowd and the chronic naysayers and disbelievers will never shut up until they see the baby. Then, they'll be among the best fans The Bills have EVER had - just ask 'em.

You know I'm sick to death of all you sanctimonious old guys who walk around like you define class and what it means to be whatever. The "younger" crowd still sticks with the team as much as you old guys. Stop acting like you have the monopoly on fandom. Some people complain, some people drink koolaid, others lurk and some post platitudes, they're all just as valid a group as any other. So quit acting like you're better than anyone else just cause you're going to kick the bucket sooner.

Edited by ndirish1978

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

San Jose or what ever. 16,000 post and I didn't understand the message. Value with a S. Delete button wouldn't work. Tried just like my comments. My children believe. Didn't quite get that. Oh well. ife is good.

I think the issue is that you have the grammar skills of a 3rd grader. Some of us mourn the gradual death of the English language, which has become accelerated by the Internet Age.

I'm guessing there is a carbon monoxide leak at OBD and everyone is knocked out. If they don't turn in the #8 pick on April 25th we'll know for sure.

got burned in FA last year don't want to do it this year, we get more comp picks if we loose more than we sign and trying to get the top pick next year.

It appears to me that Buddy is thinking he can sign a bunch of FAs that no one else knows are good later and non drafted guys. That's how he like to get players. Guys like Scott Chandler, Donald Jones, and David Nelson. Not saying I agree with it, but that's how it looks to me.

He's going to have to do something so we can fill out a roster. So far we've dumped or lost George Wilson, Chris Kelsay, David Nelson, Donald Jones, Fitz, Shawn Merriman, Tyler Thigpen, and probably at least one other I forgot.

We've added Lawson and Aaron "Air" Corp. We're 5 down right now. We only got 6 draft picks. Those other guys gotta come from somewhere.

It's OK to clean house, but you gotta bring some new furniture in. I was hoping to get a couple of good WRs and LBs, maybe a QB.

Buddy knows best.

Edited by reddogblitz

It appears to me that Buddy is thinking he can sign a bunch of FAs that no one else knows are good later and non drafted guys. That's how he like to get players. Guys like Scott Chandler, Donald Jones, and David Nelson. Not saying I agree with it, but that's how it looks to me.

He's going to have to do something so we can fill out a roster. So far we've dumped or lost George Wilson, Chris Kelsay, David Nelson, Donald Jones, Fitz, Shawn Merriman, Tyler Thigpen, and probably at least one other I forgot.

We've added Lawson and Aaron "Air" Corp. We're 5 down right now. We only got 6 draft picks. Those other guys gotta come from somewhere.

It's OK to clean house, but you gotta bring some new furniture in. I was hoping to get a couple of good WRs and LBs, maybe a QB.

Buddy knows best.

No he doesn't, either...

Yet, this is what our owner lets Nix get away with time and time again. -Recruiting bargain basement coaches, and swap-meet talent at KEY POSITIONS.

I actually agree... BRING IN the new furniture... -But screw all this chitty IKEA crap. Let's go all-in on some Ethan Allen, and get this thing FIXED while we have the opportunity.

They are looking to put the team through a youth movement and be efficient with their money. No more 15 million contracts for Brad Smith to be our 4th qb/wildcat runner/sometimes special teams player.

Something like that. Total rebuild again , continuing via the draft and leftover free agents . Which means we get 2-3 more seasons of losing football. Laughingstock of the Nfl then it starts all over again when Pettine and staff are fired 3 years from now.

Something like that. Total rebuild again , continuing via the draft and leftover free agents . Which means we get 2-3 more seasons of losing football. Laughingstock of the Nfl then it starts all over again when Pettine and staff are fired 3 years from now when ownership changes . Wow. I see very little hope for this franchise. Someone tell me where I am wrong. Brand new (College) coaches. Very little skill position talent. No QB at all. Owner could die any day, throwing everything out the window (which is why we have only college coaches and no talent). What am I missing?

they are not doing anything because our team is awesome just the way it is. go bills!

EXACTLY!!! Me and Dan, we are just fine w the Easley TJ Stevie group... Add qb and one WR in draft and IT'S BACK ON LIKE A MOFO......too all you chicken littles out there, just remember that. What did axel rose say ? He said patience. Yea yea. Just a little patience. (cue the 13 year comment)

You know I'm sick to death of all you sanctimonious old guys who walk around like you define class and what it means to be whatever. The "younger" crowd still sticks with the team as much as you old guys. Stop acting like you have the monopoly on fandom. Some people complain, some people drink koolaid, others lurk and some post platitudes, they're all just as valid a group as any other. So quit acting like you're better than anyone else just cause you're going to kick the bucket sooner.

Whoa!

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Thanks for the kind words. I'll remember you in my will.

Edited by Nanker

Someone gets it. Thank you.

Just to add, I am sure they targeted some players, and have gauged interest. Now they wait.

I can understand your logic but at the same time the Bills have gone years with out drafting a QB because they don't fit the scheme or management just didn't feel the players were justified to be drafted in the slots when the Bills drafted. We wonder if there is any strategy at all. The Bills FO needs to get off of the short school bus and get into the game. We know that many of the free agents are not worth the money they seek but no one is going to work for free. But when you are a consistent loser it seems like we should break the norm and become more aggressive and smarter in the draft or free agency.

Edited by VADC Bills

So yesterday my brother, brother-in-law, and I were having this exact discussion. It became apparent that we are a microcosm of this site. My brother thinks they are not doing enough in free agency. I asked what FA would he have liked the Bills to sign, Levitre was really the only one. I think that the Titans over paid my brother does not. His position is that you should spend right up to your cap space limit, but what about next year you still have to sign Bryd and Spiller.

My brother-in-law thinks the plan is to tank so that next year the Bills can take Johnny Manziel. To many uncontrollable variables for this to be the plan. If it is their plan it is idiotic.

There is 170 some odd days left in free agency. Apparently Lawson was the LB they wanted. Once Bowe resigned with KC were there any WR worth going after? I would like to see something happen at guard and TE.

Could be because the FA pool is loaded with overpriced veterans that they do not feel is a good fit for what they are trying to achieve. I always marvel at folks that act like rabid women shoppers on black Friday. My wife comes home with 50 things we don't need because they were on sale, I feel the same way about the FA rush each year.

Sure - there's reason not to overreact, BUT, the Bills very badly need a good TE, another WR or two, at least 2 more LB'ers, maybe a safety, and now a LG. Not to mention a QB. So, to say that the FA market has lots of players the Bills don't really need, or that don't fit, isn't accurate, IMO.

Playes like Louis Murphy - a WR I really liked, could have been cheap and useful. TE's like Keller, or Fred Davis, would be great additions. How about some of the safeties or CB's that are out there? New England is fine with getting Adrian Wilson, but Buffalo doesn't need a guy like that, right? I'd have a lot easier time with the Bills sitting pat in FA if they had more draft picks. But, as it is, we've got 6 picks, and chances are QB will be one of the first 2. That means of all those other needs we have, we'll probably only see a drafted kid fill maybe 2 besides QB. That leaves some 3 or 4 holes on this roster THAT SHOULD BE ATTEMPTED TO BE FILLED VIA FA!

And, I might have, in years past, said that Nix has a plan. Now I just think he is too busy watching the pro days to do anything in FA. Couldn't he have had Whaley working on one or the other? There's been so many instances of poor management for me to trust these guys anymore. I hope they do have a good plan, but until it works out on the field, I look at these Bills right now (especially Russ and Nix) and think they're still content losing for a few more years until all the pieces actually FALL INTO THEIR LAPS, as opposed to, you know, actually going out and making it happen.

Let me take a second and air something to those on this board so there is an understanding of this process. Ill remove all ***ueness from my statement and throw myself on the coals. The Bills contacted 6 players so far since the start of FA. 6. Out of those 6, 4 signed during their initial visits, one signed during their second visit and the other signed with Buffalo. What you are hearing from the front office after missing on 5 candidates (not including those who re-signed before FA) is face saving statements.

I don't know the original poster and therefor cannot validate his validity. But Ive read this post in its entirety, (something I dont normally do in regards to any post) and I can certainly validate the Bills istrong ntent during this FA. what fans need to understand is the plan, however detailed it can be, changes within minutes. Buffalo is an incredibly hard sell, especially in its current sporting and economic state. So with that said, bringing up something, even in jest, to discredit someone who is merely sharing information is not a good practice. You will find that good people, some even with sources, will join an elite group of individuals who no longer frequent this board if that type of ridicule persists. I mean no disrespect to you personally, and please know this is directed at a wide audience. Treat eachother better...

There is a guy on the bills.com board with a very good track record, although 99% of that board is pretty useless. I'm not vouching for this, but I have read a lot of what he has said over some time and he very much seems to know what he is talking about. Take it for what it's worth:

I think he also said two visits are scheduled for this week, IIRC.

There have been reports of Devito and Delanie Walker, who could be two of the six.

Chris Brown pretty much confirmed your post.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills

@blacklabel74 @caggiano_ simply explained why no visits on Thurs or Friday. They had initial targets, some signed on 1st visits elsewhere